Does Jio 4k STB support dolby atmos or even dolby audio?

b4bhar

Does Jio 4k STB support dolby atmos or even at least dolby audio? I want to connect it as an hdmi input to my samsung q600a soundbar.

Thank you

Does Jio 4k STB support dolby atmos or even at least dolby audio? I want to connect it as an hdmi input to my samsung q600a soundbar.

Thank you
Dolby is kind of thing which every brand love to advertise on their products if it's written there then it'll surely output DD or maybe DD+ but I'm pretty sure it can't pass Atmos and Dolby Vision.

Thank you
I noticed few days back when it passed through Dolby atmos for a movie on Amazon prime, will have to check exactly which movie was this.
I rechecked 2-3 times to be 100 percent sure it was playing dolby atmos.

At the same time, it didn't do atmos for Netflix.

I noticed few days back when it passed through Dolby atmos for a movie on Amazon prime, will have to check exactly which movie was this.
I rechecked 2-3 times to be 100 percent sure it was playing dolby atmos.

At the same time, it didn't do atmos for Netflix.
How did you connect the jio stb? I think its your tv that supports dolby atmos because the sound quality that jio shows is only 5.1

Checked with other Atmos movies on prime, can confirm Atmos works just fine with prime video. One may check Shershaah movie.

Thank you
No I recently bought sony 5.1 home theatre when i connected the jio set top box it doesn't support Dolby audio from any of the ott apps like Netflix prime hotstar it plays only in stereo format but you can play dolby digital 5.1(AC3) files through photos app from usb or you can cast that files to set top box and you can get Dolby sound from spdif port or in hdmi port. Jio should fix this issue .

The Jio 4K STB does not show Dolby Vision for Disney Hotstar movies. My TV plays and shows Dolby Vision if I just play those movies through the Hotstar app on the TV. But through the Hotstar app inside Jio TV+ app, those same movies show 4K UHD HDR mode, no Dolby Vision. Anyone else noticing the same?

Thank you
Which TV are you using? Is it a Smart TV? If yes, it should be having its own set of apps which might support. If not, use a simple Amazon Firestick 4k which does all the formats. Use Jio for the broadband.

MaSh

Jio STB when connected via HDMI through AV receiver shows Dolby audio for OTT ( Netflix i think) on AVR front panel display.
The audio optical output on jio STB was surprisingly very good compared to audio from sony tv opt out on same AVR.
Jio STB can be recommended as a Zero cost audiophile grade YouTube audio streamer for postpaid plans .

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back