Does PS3 Games always require the game disc while playing

haisaikat

Can anyone let me know if PS3 games post installation always require the disc while playing? If not then I can rent them from services like moviemart and return within their limit 30 days but can still continue to play the game in future when I do not have the disc.

The demo version of Sports Champion which came with the Move pack does not require the disc once installed but not sure about the full versions.

I think the discs will be checked periodically and/or at the start of each session.Dont remember exactly as i my console dies a year or so ago.

The disc is required to be in the unit to play the game... Only a portion of the data gets copied to the hdd.

I can understand your predicament, the game prices so so ridiculously high. I hope Sony lowers the prices of its software, it will make it easier for people to own a game.

No you cannot copy the game to the PS3. You need the physical disc in the drive for the game to play.

Games install some data on the HDD, but the disc is required to play the game.

The demo version of Sports Champion which came with the Move pack does not require the disc once installed but not sure about the full versions.
This is because the demo version of Sports Champion is exactly that a demo version, which by the way can also be downloaded from the PS store. The full version of Sports Champion requires the disc to be in the PS3 like all other non downloadable games.

No you cannot copy the game to the PS3. You need the physical disc in the drive for the game to play.

Games install some data on the HDD, but the disc is required to play the game.

Of course I know that buddy. We dont need the official version of it. You need to jailbreak and tweak to run it. It works. Just Google it.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back