LG OLED 55B8PTA - First Impressions

Not sure how much faith I’d put in this. I love rtings for making technical reviews more accessible to common folk but these settings were quite off. For the you tube app there were settings my tv needed Using the abs test pattens and colour chart

Contrast 98
Brightness 53
Colour 71
Tint G13

Hi all,

Happy to inform that I bought the LG 55 C8 at 1.4 before all cash backs in Hyderabad. Additionally got a cash back of 13k with two payment modes. Let me know if you have any queries, will be happy to share with you.

This comparison video shows your observation to be accurate. Sony looks sharper, while LG appears hazy through out the video. Bad settings?

I also demo-ed A8F against C8 in store yesterday, Sony was much better in terms of sharpness and detail.
In demo video sheep hair and face was more detailed and vibrant.
All the stores I have been to are trying their level best to upsell A8F.
Although price difference of 1L on 65" A8F, make it out of budget for me.

I also demo-ed A8F against C8 in store yesterday, Sony was much better in terms of sharpness and detail.
1L price difference at the retail level. Of course the stores are making a bigger margin on A8F and tweaking a setting to earn this bigger margin is not really a big deal for them.
At home, I have been using C8 for almost an year now, Content watched has been 4K from Netflix or Airtel HD (mainly for sports, KBC or Disney International) and occasionally Epic SD. Cannot notice any areas of improvement required for the picture quality.

Yeah that's correct...
But second card discount worked out luckily for me.. will explain how it happened...
1 lakh I converted under EMI scheme of Bajaj fin where I got one emi cash back which is 6999
Balance I paid through HDFC card separately on which I got additional 6k cash back, which I was not expecting. Not sure how the sales guy tried. He said lets try and see if we can get CB this way.

Here's another one...

Till 6 min Sony beat the LG - but after 6 minutes mark the reviewer clearly showed where the LG looked superior. The Sony appears a little dimmer in few scenes.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back