does Samsung support Dolby Atmos?

rajeshpapani

planning to buy Samsung q80t ,no Dolby Atmos feature ,bt eARC port available,can get dolby Atmos sound to lg sl8yg which available dolby atmos future

I am not a 100 percent sure. With ARC my understanding is that Dolby Atmos should work when you use Netflix, Prime etc. eARC can transmit uncompressed Dolby Audio streams which you find mainly on Blu-ray disks. So if you don't plan to use Blu-ray disks, I think ARC should be fine.

I am not 100 percent sure once again, so if someone knows better, please pitch in

I am not a 100 percent sure. With ARC my understanding is that Dolby Atmos should work when you use Netflix, Prime etc. eARC can transmit uncompressed Dolby Audio streams which you find mainly on Blu-ray disks. So if you don't plan to use Blu-ray disks, I think ARC should be fine.

I am not 100 percent sure once again, so if someone knows better, please pitch in
due to data size consume all ott platforms giving only lossy dolby vision, Atmos

yes u right! i searched ips vs va display,got a thread evry one saying that all online streaming platforms giving lossy quality arc is enough for that,eARC matters only when use lossless audio quality via Blu-ray

You are correct. Dolby Atmos can be through over the Dolby Digital Plus codec or Dolby TrueHD codec. The former is lossy and latter is lossless. Dolby Digital Plus is used by most streaming services and will work over ARC, while Blu-Rays generally use the TrueHD format and hence will require eARC.

You are correct. Dolby Atmos can be through over the Dolby Digital Plus codec or Dolby TrueHD codec. The former is lossy and latter is lossless. Dolby Digital Plus is used by most streaming services and will work over ARC, while Blu-Rays generally use the TrueHD format and hence will require eARC.
Samsung previous models (2019 ), support DD+ bt nt dolby atmos,can dolby atmos soundbar get atmos sound through arc while watching ott content lossy dolby atmos

Samsung previous models (2019 ), support DD+ bt nt dolby atmos,can dolby atmos soundbar get atmos sound through arc while watching ott content lossy dolby atmos
Samsung's 2019 TVs do support Atmos. Some particular low-end sets might not support it, but in that case it won't work with any soundbar unless you use an external streaming box.

Samsung's 2019 TVs do support Atmos. Some particular low-end sets might not support it, but in that case it won't work with any soundbar unless you use an external streaming box.
does soundbars get dolby atmos with any tv when using fire stick,mi stick

am here after watched many videos on YT bt they jst read specifications
Just Google it. Something like 'X soundbar supports 4k HDR passthrough or not' will give you your answer.

You can't skim through 10 youtube videos, but 10-20 links takes less than a couple minutes. YouTube is a terrible place to search things.
Tv with eArc only supports Dolby Atmos soundbar. Only Netflix premium plan gives Dolby atmos contents. You need blu ray player to experience fully.
Every single word of that is wrong.

Just Google it. Something like 'X soundbar supports 4k HDR passthrough or not' will give you your answer.

You can't skim through 10 youtube videos, but 10-20 links takes less than a couple minutes. YouTube is a terrible place to search things.

eARC TV is required for a soundbar to get Dolby atmos format. HDR and Dolby vision are different formats for visual not audio

eARC TV is required for a soundbar to get Dolby atmos format.
That's false. DD+ Atmos can be passed through ARC:
HDR and Dolby vision are different formats for visual not audio
What does that have to do with anything? What I suggested above was to use a streaming stick to input directly into the soundbar (using HDMI in and not return channel to pass sound, always works) and then use the soundbar to pass through the visual channel to the TV.

In this case, you will require 4k HDR passthrough in the soundbar. Otherwise, the TV won't get the full metadata.

suggest some sites for india model tv reviews

That's false. DD+ Atmos can be passed through ARC:

What does that have to do with anything? What I suggested above was to use a streaming stick to input directly into the soundbar (using HDMI in and not return channel to pass sound, always works) and then use the soundbar to pass through the visual channel to the TV.

In this case, you will require 4k HDR passthrough in the soundbar. Otherwise, the TV won't get the
suggest some sites for india model tv reviews
try geekyranjith YouTube channel for tv and soundbar review.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back