Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 setup (budget around 10 lakhs)

With such a healthy budget, all I would like to say is please take all the time in the world and evaluate all the suggestions given here. Read up the Home theatre section for further information. Do try and listen to as many brands as you can. It doesn't matter which is the leading brand, end of the day you alone are going to enjoy the system.
....This hobby rewards those who are patient... It's not about the gear or the brand or the budget, it all comes down to how we want to hear and see it.
+1
Along with money budget, you also need to budget a lot of time and effort to read and listen as much as possible. You have an above average budget, need to appreciate that most of the good/better options may not be available off-the-shelf in India and may need to procured from abroad. This is gonna take time and patience, but the rewards would be totally worth.

Lots of good advice. Check out what rocks your boat. Dont spend a ton on anything you are not very sure of as the market is a bit unforgiving for used material. So keep auditioning. you are in Blr, so tons of options to choose both at FM homes and dealers. Take your time.

You might have to bother about some room modes, check them out

Does your budget include projector, screens, recliners?

If you use this healthy budget wisely you may have a home theater system which can give a run to professional cinema setup in your city. You need to be informative and patient . You need to gather lots of information, suggestion and compile it with your needs. You need to invest some good amount of time to use money wisely to have great soundings HT SET.
Initially break your budget in small parts and look within that budget only. Else you will have some great components and other greatly compromised ones and the combo never sound great.
As you have dedicated room for HT setup , I advise to look for component specially designed for movies......
I may break budget as follows
1. Display unit - 1.5L
Within this budget I may consider 65" 4K LED/OLED TV with Dolby Vision and HDR10/+
Sony, LG OLED/4K LED
Projector if within budget
2. Source - 50k
Within this budget I may consider good UHD player and Apple TV 4k
Sony, Panasonic UHD player
Apple TV 4k for music and movie streaming
3. Room Acoustic - 20k
I may spend 20k on just Acoustic treatment which includes bass traps, rugs ,floor mat or anything within budget
4. Cable, Interconnects and plugs and dedicated power supply - 30k
Dedicated power line is also one of the important factor which usually gets ignore. Cables, interconnects and plugs have their own importance and which needs to be consider seriously. Balance between price and performance . If consider for concealed go for better shilded cable with sufficient gauge for longer life.
5. Subwoofers - 1.5 L
In dedicated room you may consider dual subwoofer setup. As most of the FM suggest it improve the total cinematic experience to next level. You may also consider more powerful single 15" subwoofer instead.
Seriously will consider dual XTZ 12.17 or single Rythmik 15"
6. AV receiver and Power amplifier
1L+1.5L = 2.5L
AV receiver alone can't deliver the power to all channels designed for desired spl. You need to consider a power amplifier for at least front three channels and rest low demanding channels may be handle by avr it self.
Will consider Marantz sr6014 or Denon AVR x3600 with 11 channels pre-out. Emotiva XPA- 3 as power amplifier if within budget.
7. Now you are left with .....3.5 L for 11 speakers .
It is easy and difficult to get great sounding speakers within this budget if you balance between them. I may spend 1.5 - 2 L just for front 3 speakers and remaining 1.5 - 2 L on 4 surround and 4 atmos speakers. ( Depending upon preference)....
I may seriously consider XTZ Cinema m6/8 for three front channels and XTZ Cinema m4 for surround and atmos. Mounting may he a challenge..... You may expect good amount of discount from XTZ dealer if you purchase full speakers set along with dual subwoofer from him. He may also help you to get remaining components in good price .
You may also consider SVS prime tower with SVS bookshelf/satellite and Atmos speakers for this purpose . SVS have great subwoofer series but little expensive than its competitors .
Audition is the key . Audition more than enough components till you get desired components within your budget...
Anything remaining from above budget, I will put into display budget
Hope this may help you little to take decision . Information and opinions posted by other FM is also important and valuable . Now you may be enough information to invest your money wisely.......Best of Luck

If you use this healthy budget wisely you may have a home theater system which can give a run to professional cinema setup in your city. You need to be informative and patient . You need to gather lots of information, suggestion and compile it with your needs. You need to invest some good amount of time to use money wisely to have great soundings HT SET.
Initially break your budget in small parts and look within that budget only. Else you will have some great components and other greatly compromised ones and the combo never sound great.
As you have dedicated room for HT setup , I advise to look for component specially designed for movies......
I may break budget as follows
1. Display unit - 1.5L
Within this budget I may consider 65" 4K LED/OLED TV with Dolby Vision and HDR10/+
Sony, LG OLED/4K LED
Projector if within budget
2. Source - 50k
Within this budget I may consider good UHD player and Apple TV 4k
Sony, Panasonic UHD player
Apple TV 4k for music and movie streaming
3. Room Acoustic - 20k
I may spend 20k on just Acoustic treatment which includes bass traps, rugs ,floor mat or anything within budget
4. Cable, Interconnects and plugs and dedicated power supply - 30k
Dedicated power line is also one of the important factor which usually gets ignore. Cables, interconnects and plugs have their own importance and which needs to be consider seriously. Balance between price and performance . If consider for concealed go for better shilded cable with sufficient gauge for longer life.
5. Subwoofers - 1.5 L
In dedicated room you may consider dual subwoofer setup. As most of the FM suggest it improve the total cinematic experience to next level. You may also consider more powerful single 15" subwoofer instead.
Seriously will consider dual XTZ 12.17 or single Rythmik 15"
6. AV receiver and Power amplifier
1L+1.5L = 2.5L
AV receiver alone can't deliver the power to all channels designed for desired spl. You need to consider a power amplifier for at least front three channels and rest low demanding channels may be handle by avr it self.
Will consider Marantz sr6014 or Denon AVR x3600 with 11 channels pre-out. Emotiva XPA- 3 as power amplifier if within budget.
7. Now you are left with .....3.5 L for 11 speakers .
It is easy and difficult to get great sounding speakers within this budget if you balance between them. I may spend 1.5 - 2 L just for front 3 speakers and remaining 1.5 - 2 L on 4 surround and 4 atmos speakers. ( Depending upon preference)....
I may seriously consider XTZ Cinema m6/8 for three front channels and XTZ Cinema m4 for surround and atmos. Mounting may he a challenge..... You may expect good amount of discount from XTZ dealer if you purchase full speakers set along with dual subwoofer from him. He may also help you to get remaining components in good price .
You may also consider SVS prime tower with SVS bookshelf/satellite and Atmos speakers for this purpose . SVS have great subwoofer series but little expensive than its competitors .
Audition is the key . Audition more than enough components till you get desired components within your budget...
Anything remaining from above budget, I will put into display budget
Hope this may help you little to take decision . Information and opinions posted by other FM is also important and valuable . Now you may be enough information to invest your money wisely.......Best of Luck
Giving commercial cinema competition with a 65" TV?
20k for acoustics and that too including carpet for 10 lakh HT?

Are you sure a 65" TV can give cinematic experience?

Giving commercial cinema competition with a 65" TV?
20k for acoustics and that too including carpet for 10 lakh HT?

Are you sure a 65" TV can give cinematic experience?
May be he meant to say interms of quality and For sure a 65 inch oled going to be way better interms of picture quality compared to projectors available within 2L. In a small room like mine it should work. But for OP I would strongly recommend to go for a projector set up since it’s a 16*15 room and with a budget of 10L he should be able to achieve a good set up. Also finding a good dealer and making all the purchase from him will help to get additional discounts

Dear FM , HT system is not just a display unit. Within the mentioned price he may get good picture quality display which matters the most then size.

Dear FM , HT system is not just a display unit. Within the mentioned price he may get good picture quality display which matters the most then size.
Then why to buy projectors? Why projectors are sold?
Did you experience 45° field of view? Or maybe even 36°?
I have seen over 300 movies on a projector screen..
And have compared it with high quality TV screens..
Field of view matters and it always will.. which is dependent on the size of screen and distance from screen.

You are more knowledgeable person than me in this regard and you may give him better vision about display unit. I am more audio oriented person than video. We both may help him to get the best he can have in his budget.

Then why to buy projectors? Why projectors are sold?
Did you experience 45° field of view? Or maybe even 36°?
I have seen over 300 movies on a projector screen..
And have compared it with high quality TV screens..
Field of view matters and it always will.. which is dependent on the size of screen and distance from screen.
Even I have seen more then 300 movies in projector screen but in the cinemas hahaha :p

In that budget a multichannel amplifier is a must IMHO especially if we are talking about huge projector screen, 15" subwoofer and cinematic experience.

That extra headroom, punch and clarity will provide that cinematic experience we are talking about with dedicated power.
I would atleast go for 5 channels Marantz 7055 if not more channels of amplification. 7055 can be bought for 75k which is not much imo.

Speakers and amplifier won't be needing an upgrade for atleast next a decade. So invest carefully here.

Have a question to experts. Need your help. Can the polk legend L800 be paired with a Denon x3600h or Marantz Sr7012 in home theatre setup and would they be able to drive the 4 Ohm speakers without going into protection mode. Do they need separate amplification or they will work at decent volumes. Don't intend to add any amplification if they are able to handle decent volumes.

Has anyone heard them and are they worth the price if available at good discounts.

Have a question to experts. Need your help. Can the polk legend L800 be paired with a Denon x3600h or Marantz Sr7012 in home theatre setup and would they be able to drive the 4 Ohm speakers without going into protection mode. Do they need separate amplification or they will work at decent volumes. Don't intend to add any amplification if they are able to handle decent volumes.

Has anyone heard them and are they worth the price if available at good discounts.
Mate, just stumbled upon your post. You've been around here longer than I am (My knowledge/research still remains very much on paper)
The experts will definitely help you better.
But just leaving this here:

Nominal Impedance Range2.8 ohms → 4 ohms
Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter)87 dB

Sounds very difficult to do with just an AVR's power.
Especially, if spec says 'nominal impedance range' is 2.8-4, might as well assume it is a full on 4-ohm impedance speaker...

Like I said, only on paper. But expert FMs will definitely be able to guide you better...

Don't pair up with AVR directly. Most AVRs are spec'd at 8 ohm.
These are 4 ohm speakers. They will be very demanding.

I have heard the L200 stand mounts 4 ohm nominal (3.6 ohm min) in a stereo setup.
The pairing was with Parasound 200Pre and 275v2
275v2 is spec'd to handle 2 ohm loads and it does!!

Cheers,
Raghu

As per specs most latest avrs are able to handle 4 ohms speakers. As I have read a couple of threads and also over google, impedance during playback can keep changing and hence lead to possible issues. I would suggest to try with capable AVRs (which can handle 4 ohms) and see if it works well and does not overheat.....be a little conservative on output volumes as to not damage the AVR, then decide and see if you need to get a capable power amp.

You've picked some excellent speakers and components.
What's your ceiling height?

As a recommendation, look for speakers that have Atmos integration. It will save you the hassle of running wires and fixing speakers on the ceiling. This is your call though. If you don't mind speakers on the roof, go for it. Pro Fx deal with Definitive Technology and they make Atmos integrated speakers. An alternative option is Focal's excellent Chora 826-D

You can do with a better sub woofer for sure. The Polks are fine. Just that sub's are not their bread and butter product.

A point to note about dealing with Pro Fx. Their margins are through the roof. Haggle the heck out of them after you have finalized everything, that is, if you do buy everything from them. I guarantee they can knock off a few lacs off the listed price, if you really push them. Scout around with other dealers too. You never know what you find and you discover along the way.

The polk seem to have an impedance minimum of 2.8 though it's not specified but that is what I understood it to mean, I wouldn't recommend an AVR for them if it were me.

Back