Don't Buy a TV right now

And finally , the wait is over...:) My E6T OLED has arrived.

Attachments

• 20160819_230055.jpg
    20160819_230055.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 20160819_230130.jpg
    20160819_230130.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 20160819_203310.jpg
    20160819_203310.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 20160819_204223.jpg
    20160819_204223.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Last edited:
Guys now am again saying that don't buy and wait for HDMI 2.O+,,,,cause it's only can pass through the DOLBY ATMOS stuff to Amp.,,,, so if u want DOLBY ATMOS and stuff like Dolby Vision etc. Than just stop fok in buying TV now and wait for HDMI 2.0+,,,,,,dont talk shit like " wait is endless",,,, here the standards changed when a new tech. Comes,,, sometimes we must wait,,,, understand that what am trying to say,,,, don't hit me without understanding my point,,,,,, I know that I can't say it properly,,,, I don't want too coz I think it's enough and I hate GRAMMER,,,, so it's about HDMI 2.0 +,,,,, let's fokkk about it o_O

@op
Japan is already on 8k & you are saying wait for few years for 4k lol, wake up & smell the coffee or start collecting money in your piggy back ;-)

Forget 4K: In Japan, Olympics will be broadcast in 8K resolution | The Indian Express

Well said... :) . Unless you have a reason to wait for the thanksgiving sale, today is the right day to purchase it... I have done same mistake sometime back, and later realized that I have only delayed my purchase decision, nothing else. There is always a new kid in the block, so dont wait for him to grow up :)

Guys now am again saying that don't buy and wait for HDMI 2.O+,,,,cause it's only can pass through the DOLBY ATMOS stuff to Amp.,,,, so if u want DOLBY ATMOS and stuff like Dolby Vision etc. Than just stop fok in buying TV now and wait for HDMI 2.0+,,,,,,dont talk shit like " wait is endless",,,, here the standards changed when a new tech. Comes,,, sometimes we must wait,,,, understand that what am trying to say,,,, don't hit me without understanding my point,,,,,, I know that I can't say it properly,,,, I don't want too coz I think it's enough and I hate GRAMMER,,,, so it's about HDMI 2.0 +,,,,, let's fokkk about it o_O

I think you meant HDMI 2.1. Isn't it ?
This is officially announced at end of 2017. So only 2019 TVs going to get this. It'll require TV manufacturer to install new chipset to support this, so there is high chance of end up at premium end and it'll cost you every penny.
However, This is huge upgrade over the HDMI 2.0.. eARC, HFR, low latency, high bandwidth(48Gbps ) and lot more:cool:

I am pretty sure that proper adapters will be available to use it with old version of HDMI as well.. So no point waiting .. tech will always keep evolving .. just go for whatever is in use and whatever your pocket can afford..

So the OP here is now trying to say there is no point in buying a 4k TV now because HDMI 2.0+ (whatever this is) is not yet here and is the only medium which can pass through Atmos? So what are all the customers doing with their Atmos Blu-ray discs? Why are all the studios producing content in Atmos and DTS:X if there is no medium which can support them right now? Why are manufacturers producing Object based speakers and receivers?

Just saying you can do some proper research before coming on a forum and saying things like Atmos is useless without HDMI 2.0+. OP, we are all here to share our knowledge and also gain knowledge. You just can't outright say something which isn't true and not expect others to correct you. We are all humans and we all make mistakes. Nothing to get offended about :)

Regarding wanting to buy something now vs later, it is totally a personal choice. If a technology is still in it's infancy, it's better to give it a few months so it becomes stable. Also in this case, only a couple of manufacturers will launch products which can support said technology, so inevitably their price will be high. In such cases it's better to wait it out for a few months so that other players can enter the market and bring down the prices, but waiting indefinitely to buy it at rock cheap prices means there is already something better by then. For example, take the case of 4k UHD Blu-ray players. As of now their price is pretty steep (except for a few from Sony and Panasonic which are reasonable compared to maybe an OPPO). To use a 4k player to it's full potential, you need a 4k disc. And they are quite expensive as of now. Give it a few months and their prices will drop. Give it a few years and you can get them for throwaway prices but probably by then you wouldn't want it since 8k might be the latest standard.

Do you have the money to spend on the latest tech right now and have a craving to be the first to sport that huge OLED panel? Go ahead. Do you want the market to stabilize and don't mind being the later adopters for the same tech and go for it when it's affordable? Sure, be my guest. In the end it all boils down to personal preferences. Whatever makes a person happy!

quite funny here,if one is craving to watch fifa world cup there's no better time than NOW.Be it a cheap iffalcon or an expensive sony or maybe an OLED one should get what's in budget. For me/many, it's a pleasure thing and too much paranoia kills it.

Ohh God almighty,,,,, can't u understand that am not talking about blue rays,,,, do u still want to use blue rays?,,,, didn't heard about HDD to TV via USB,,,when flash storage with TB"s space available,,,, u want to use old blue ray with motor etc.,,,, :eek:
Wake up and try to understand what am trying to say,,,,, I want play the X265, Dolby atmos ripped blue ray mkv copy which is in EX.HDD,which attached to TV by USB 3.0,,,,, now I want to send the audio part to AMP via HDMI ARC,,,,, here all present TV's won't support or can't send ATMOS stuff ( meta data) bcoz HDMI 2.0 is unable to support it,,,, so we need HDMI 2.1,,,,
as ppl who r idiots,,, who didn't tried the latest tech. Still believe Blue rays,,,, companies r helpless they know they can only stop privacy by blue rays,,, so b4 replying try to know that u r blue ray r become old like magnetic tapes,,,
I can explain much clearly but I think u r blue rays of mind can't understand the latest present problem,,,, which we r all facing,,,,,u r still talking about blue ray,,,, ohhhh God,,,,, now world is ,,,

a d/L mkv with Dolby atmos, HDR,,,, etc from,,,

NAS to TV via wifi
TV HDMI ARC to AMP

Here the problem is HDMI 2.0 cannot send Dolby Atmos data to AMP,,, we need HDMI 2.1
Thay comes only by next year,,,,,
Just because there are still 90% idiots r there to buy all the dump.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back