Dopamine

Obviously , have to try it out to know how is the sound but just for it's interface and way it catalogues music it seems to be worth it.
Looks very similar to way it's done on roon.

Keith introduced me to it today and I can safely say it beats JRiver out if the box.. Maybe after some burn in, it would sound even better. And the best part is the FREE bit..

Although I got a slightly modified player due to someone's expertise in tweaking the software and making it even better, even the regular player seems better in SQ than JRiver...

Thanks for sharing Keith.. Highly recommended.

Keith introduced me to it today and I can safely say it beats JRiver out if the box.. Maybe after some burn in, it would sound even better. And the best part is the FREE bit..

Although I got a slightly modified player due to someone's expertise in tweaking the software and making it even better, even the regular player seems better in SQ than JRiver...

Thanks for sharing Keith.. Highly recommended.
Burn in of a digital player?

Keith,
How does it compare to other Win Software ? Roon, JRiver, Plex, Foobar ?

I am a Happy Camper with JRiver ....

Just downloaded Dopamine ... Will try shrotly.

Thanks

Keith,
How does it compare to other Win Software ? Roon, JRiver, Plex, Foobar ?

I am a Happy Camper with JRiver ....

Just downloaded Dopamine ... Will try shrotly.

Thanks
Never heard Plex and Roon.
I dislike Foobar's sound - it sounds thin and slightly artificial to my ears.
I like JRiver's sound and Dopamine sounds slightly leaner than JRiver but more transparent/detailed. I like it a lot!

Thanks. I Fully concur with yr views on Foobar vs JRiver. Dopamine could be EXACTLY what I am looking for.

I wonder if it:

1. Mounts and read .iso files (SACD Rips) like JRiver

2. Reads .cue files.

Both of these features are essential for me... since I have a large number of albums in Both these formats ...

Also like it (almost essential) to search via Folders on my HDD (eg SACDs)

Will know once it builds my library....

Like the Sound ... Exactly as Keith's description... :)

However:
1. Does not take my Chord DAC's WASAPI Driver. Does not play my Chord via ASIO either......

2. Does Not Read .cue files

3. Does not mount & Read .iso files

4. Does not play DSD (Probably because it does not take my Chord Driver)

5. Except in Folder view, does not show the path of the file it is playing.... Hence does not show if its playing the 16/44 or Hi Res or DSD version of the file / album selected & which is being played.

Incase I am missing something while arriving at the above conclusions, do let me know.

Great for Freeware, hope it adds features. Currently does not meet my requirements, though the Sound Quality is promising.

Everything needs a burn-in
Am a big fan of ear burn in.

Spending so much time on this forum, my brain is burning in everything. Ordered burgers today and I let it burn in for a good half hour before I dug into it. Got quite a bit of flack from my wife for letting a good burger go cold but what do they know. Jazz is noise to them. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back