Do's and Dont's-Buying Pre-owned via Olx,Quickr,adpost etc online

I haven't had worst experience with Online used Market dealers. But I have visited almost all the dealers who are from Bangalore. When you can visit and check with your own eyes or have someone to check dont go for it. Transit is big risk which getting it from other states too.

I bought a TT on OLX from a doctor based at Bhopal, and this guy gave misleading facts about the condition of the TT and sold me a TT with broken body.

He even had the guts to paint the TT body with wall oil paint with a hand brush.

It was not in working condition and I obviously felt cheated, I confronted him and guess what...He didn't pick my calls and later flatly denied the whole thing.

How low people can go for a mere few thousands ?

I bought a TT on OLX from a doctor based at Bhopal, and this guy gave misleading facts about the condition of the TT and sold me a TT with broken body.

He even had the guts to paint the TT body with wall oil paint with a hand brush.

It was not in working condition and I obviously felt cheated, I confronted him and guess what...He didn't pick my calls and later flatly denied the whole thing.

How low people can go for a mere few thousands ?

hi frend2001
did u go through the rules in olx site?
Safety Tips

I have two bad experiences with olx.in. Photos/Videos don't reveal the condition properly. They generally capture in a manner that physical issues are hidden.

Better to buy from local sellers only, where we can visit and check the item's condition.

Let me share my experience with the TV buying as follows:

1) I spoke over the phone a couple of times to ensure genuineness of the seller.

2) We talked about the TV condition over the phone.

3) I even managed to talk price over the phone.

4) I said price and final price would be confirmed on physical inspection at the time buying.

5) She agreed, however was not willing to go too low.

6) I visited her place with a friend of mine, and asked her to do the same if she was uncomfortable speaking alone. Since it was a TV, obvious neutral avenue meeting was not possible.

7) On reaching her place and talking to her, we both knew and understood that the other person was genuine.

8) She was savvy and had placed a pseudo name on the OLX site to avoid crank and uncomfortable calls as she was a woman. She did give me her real name.

9) We negotiated and talked over water and juice and the deal was struck.

With the hope that this helps one buy from online sites.

Link for the entire deal:

http://www.hifivision.com/television/57903-bought-used-panasonic-th-p42x30d.html

Last edited:
i have bought my tower speakers, Active sub and Bose speakers from differnet sellers on OLX. They all are from my home city Mumbai. Before buying on OLX please do talk to the seller, meet the seller where the merchdise is located, have a proper demo, and please write down the contact details.

The experience with Olx/Quikr is not always bad. There are many facts that we need to keep in mind. These are open bazaars and anyone can just post whatever they want.

The usage logic of olx and quikr is to view the advert, call the seller, visit the premises, inspect and strike a deal in person. If you use this method, you are likely to have good deals.

Key rule, never pay the advertised price on olx and quikr. If you visit in person and negotiate, you can even get it for 50% less.

Sellers on quikr and olx are really good at concealing stuff. It is either intentional or un-intentional. Recently I saw some worthless combo turntable-amplifier-cassette system without speakers listed for 16k. Stuff like that is not even worth 1k. You have to know your stuff well. The other way round, you may also end up getting good deals.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back