Dse ae2922 floorstanders

Sean de Silva

Just got myself a brand new pair of Dick Smith floorstanders!:yahoo::yahoo: hooked them up first to my Akai AM-U02 and then to the Norge 2060. Since the Norge has a rated output of 80/ch it brings the towers to life....

Will post pics soon.

Another satisfied dick! dick smith customer that is :D

Am coming over with my 666 music to blow the dick outaa the smith's :lol:

here are my beauties.

6290521786_ee5679f767_z.jpg

6290004675_14268a36be_z.jpg

Last edited:
Seems that your beauties are very shy. Not ready for the show? :)

Edit:now I can see them. Really beautiful. Would love to hear them sing.

Last edited:
me too have the same one bro they sound with deep bass very good enjoying.
DSE model
1 AV RECEIVER DY2023 with usb port 5.1 ch
1 SUB 10''
1 CEN
2 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS front
2 REAR SURROUND
with remote control
waiting for 42''3D tv pls suggest which is best one
my budget is 50k.

Just got myself a brand new pair of Dick Smith floorstanders!:yahoo::yahoo: hooked them up first to my Akai AM-U02 and then to the Norge 2060. Since the Norge has a rated output of 80/ch it brings the towers to life....

Will post pics soon.

what was the cost, and where did u pick them up?

Congratulation on a nice set of speakers.This is amazing speakers at this price.
I too use one of these speakers in one of the audio setup.

Anyways now for the business part.Before you actually start using this speakers you need to do this.For reference i am using your speaker picture since i am out of town for Diwali celeb.But you'll get the idea.
Read Carefully.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See the arrow signs i pointed.Besides holding the speaker grill mess cloth they also open up the speakers.Go to the local hardware store and ask for matching "Elanki pana".
Open all the six nuts.The tweeter wire you'll need to cut to gain access further.But don't fret.As you can see the quality of the tweeter wire is rubbish and eventually you will want to replace them.Still for now cut them.Later you can always retag them or solder them.
Now with the thing open you will notice. HORROR OF ALL HORROR.

There is no absolutely no damping around the speaker.Nothing.Not on walls, nor any where. just the speaker bare ply and nothing else.
Now the rest is easy. Get the fibre wool from local store who makes "gaddi" or mattress or pillows.Exact quantity would be 2.5Kgs each for each speaker. Just remember to keep open the bass port .You can experiment more but i found this to be right quantity. Tag or solder the cut tweeter wires.Pref is solder.
Thereafter you will see what you were missing(Even if you didin't notice this in the first place).The mids are bass free and spoton. The Bass isn't boomy and now more accurate .
And Tweeters are prominent now because they are not mixed by the mids and bass signal lost due to reflection of waves from undamped speaker walls.
Try this.Trust me.

Last edited:
@ freshseasons

THANK YOU so very much for the kind advice as regards these towers! Since you have the same model and youre well versed with the procedure involved in damping i'd appreciate if you could post a step by step pic/video tutorial ( preferably pic) on damping! It'd be even better if you could drop by my place when youre in mumbai and help me do the same!

rgds

Sean

Thereafter you will see what you were missing(Even if you didin't notice this in the first place).The mids are bass free and spoton. The Bass isn't boomy and now more accurate .
And Tweeters are prominent now because they are not mixed by the mids and bass signal lost due to reflection of waves from undamped speaker walls.
Try this.Trust me.

i can relate to this boomy bass effect at a certain frequency and i can tell you that it can get a trifle annoying especially since youve revealed the makeup of the cabinet interior!

@ freshseasons

THANK YOU so very much for the kind advice as regards these towers! Since you have the same model and youre well versed with the procedure involved in damping i'd appreciate if you could post a step by step pic/video tutorial ( preferably pic) on damping! It'd be even better if you could drop by my place when youre in mumbai and help me do the same!

rgds

Sean

Thanks ! Sure next time i'll drop in Mumbai will do the modding for you.But trust me its really simple.
As soon as i come back from vacations i'll upload video and if you are still uncomfortable will do this for you.
Cheers :)

Another satisfied dick! dick smith customer that is :D

Am coming over with my 666 music to blow the dick outaa the smith's :lol:

Thanks a ton for dropping by this Sat with your 666 stuff! Looking forward to an indepth critical review of the DSE AE2922 floorstanders from the master himself!!!. :D :thumbsup:

Dimmu Borgir / Cradle of Filth did spook me with their diabolic diatribes :eek::p .the rest was easy pickings.....i did enjoy Judas Priests - resurrection bring me home and the Black Eyed Peas the most!

hope the fact that dinner got overlooked wont colour the review...lol

cheers!

Thanks a ton for dropping by this Sat with your 666 stuff! Looking forward to an indepth critical review of the DSE AE2922 floorstanders from the master himself!!!. :D :thumbsup:

Dimmu Borgir / Cradle of Filth did spook me with their diabolic diatribes :eek::p .the rest was easy pickings.....i did enjoy Judas Priests - resurrection bring me home and the Black Eyed Peas the most!

hope the fact that dinner got overlooked wont colour the review...lol

cheers!

The fact that you got spooked made my night :lol: Sooner than later you shall be hooked to music of the King of Tyre ;)

Forget dinner, even offering of liquids got overlooked:cool:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back