DTH Audio through Audio system

It is showing nothing on av receiver about the format. I have yamaha rxv 583. Any help on this?

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

do u have a 5.1 or 7.1 set up. ? If u have 5.1 setup than DD+ will come in 5.1 audio as u don't have 7 speakers.

Some AVR show DD/DD+ in the AVR display, some don't show. Depends on the model. My HT doesn't show.

But in my case since I have connected thru HDMI ARC, when I press info button on my Tv remote I get the details of the video/audio like Stereo/DD/DD+

Also I get info when I press (I) button on Tata Sky remote.
Dolby Audio will have different sounds in different speakers. Try listening to each speaker to and see if u can make out

do u have a 5.1 or 7.1 set up. ? If u have 5.1 setup than DD+ will come in 5.1 audio as u don't have 7 speakers.

Some AVR show DD/DD+ in the AVR display, some don't show. Depends on the model. My HT doesn't show.

But in my case since I have connected thru HDMI ARC, when I press info button on my Tv remote I get the details of the video/audio like Stereo/DD/DD+

Also I get info when I press (I) button on Tata Sky remote.
Dolby Audio will have different sounds in different speakers. Try listening to each speaker to and see if u can make out
I just have 2.0 set up as of now. But just wanted to check if any indication shows. I am playing in straight mode.

Guys, one question. I have only front speakers and I have selected Output as Dolby digital over HDMI. All the receiver combine and play all channels in front speakers or still it only play two channels in front speakers and not play other 3 channels?

Guys, one question. I have only front speakers and I have selected Output as Dolby digital over HDMI. All the receiver combine and play all channels in front speakers or still it only play two channels in front speakers and not play other 3 channels?

Select Star Plus HD or any Star HD channel

In the 3 front speakers:

U should only hear voice (when people are speaking) in central speaker, and sound in the other 2 (L and R)this mean its DD audio

Some HD channels also give voice in L & R speakers apart from centre.

But u need a full 5 speaker set to enjoy 5.1

Set the output to stereo if you have only two main speakers. Receiver will not club all channels to the fronts. Only center is clubbed to fronts if you have no center channel speaker. No other channel is clubbed.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Set the output to stereo if you have only two main speakers. Receiver will not club all channels to the fronts. Only center is clubbed to fronts if you have no center channel speaker. No other channel is clubbed.

MaSh

I also went through yamaha manual and it says little different. It says on 2 channel stereo mode the amp will down mix all channels to the two front speakers. On another URL I read that left surround goes to left front, right surround to right front and center is sent to both with some level of dB. Is this correct as it is different from what you mentioned? Any thoughts?

On another URL I read that left surround goes to left front, right surround to right front and center is sent to both with some level of dB. Is this correct as it is different from what you mentioned? Any thoughts?

This is correct, i have also heard this from many sources

Guys, I am planning to buy a new HT, and i have shortlisted the following:

Sony DAV DZ350
Sony HT IV300

Which of there is better ??? Any views

I also went through yamaha manual and it says little different. It says on 2 channel stereo mode the amp will down mix all channels to the two front speakers. On another URL I read that left surround goes to left front, right surround to right front and center is sent to both with some level of dB. Is this correct as it is different from what you mentioned? Any thoughts?

Yes, but I would suggest you not to use such modes. Imagine what sound imaging would you get if a sound meant to come from the back is coming from the front? If you have a stereo setup, feed it stereo sound.

MaSh

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back