DTH with component out put

bala

Sorry for asking a simple question. which DTH boxes have component output. None of the websites like Tatasky etc have any information about their hardware. I want to put a projector in my father in laws house. Any ideas which DTH provider has best picture quality. I know sun if offering HDTV but I feel the price is very high and not worth it for now. I am from USA and do not know about TV services in India. Thanks for your input:)

Hi bala,

I think Big TV and sundirect has component out. and also Tatasky+ too.

cheers,
sri

Hi bala,

I think Big TV and sundirect has component out. and also Tatasky+ too.

cheers,
sri

yup absolutely.

but big tv's component output in the standard set top box is a bit faulty and all images appear a bit "burnt". the smaller set top box of big tv is better. i had big tv earlier.

as for tata sky plus, the component port is awesome. i have it now, so i can vouch for it, pic quality is good and the audio is awesome.

Thanks what about sun direct. tatasky+ box is almost as expensive as sun direct HD box. How is the quality of sundirect box:)

Thanks what about sun direct. tatasky+ box is almost as expensive as sun direct HD box. How is the quality of sundirect box:)

Sun hasnt launched its HD box yet, only pre orders are being taken. as for tata sky plus, i would say its worth every single penny u spend.

Hi bala

You can have full details about SUN DTH with the following link SunDirect.in/HD . The SUN STB has HDMI output but the price is around 11k all put together for 1 year.

Regards

sub

Videocone launched D2H with 2 opt, Regular settopbox & DTH DVD.
Its not clear abt there settop box lets google.

Sun hasnt launched its HD box yet, only pre orders are being taken. as for tata sky plus, i would say its worth every single penny u spend.

I second frnd08 in his opinioin. I recently go Tata SKY+...the Picture & Sound Quality is absolutely crisp (I guess due to mpeg4 + above it I have an 100Hz 29"CRT). The DVR is a real boon.
Believe me...if the 4999/- is not an issue then go for it.....now a days I normally watch programs a couple of hours later with zero advt :yahoo:

I second frnd08 in his opinioin. I recently go Tata SKY+...the Picture & Sound Quality is absolutely crisp (I guess due to mpeg4 + above it I have an 100Hz 29"CRT). The DVR is a real boon.
Believe me...if the 4999/- is not an issue then go for it.....now a days I normally watch programs a couple of hours later with zero advt :yahoo:

well TS still transmits in MPEG2,so the improvements in PQ is not due to the MPEG4 capabilties of TS+ stb,but rather due to the component out.

i am considering changing my stb...of tatasky..
should i go for Sundirect for its component output?

well TS still transmits in MPEG2,so the improvements in PQ is not due to the MPEG4 capabilties of TS+ stb,but rather due to the component out.

well SUN DTH transmits in MPEG4 ,again from what i have seen not all sun STB come with component out,other options u can consider is going for BIG tv it currently has the best PQ .
u can also probably stick with TS and get their new STB,the improvements wont be much but i think in the future they have the potential once they shift to MPEG4 transmission because they have the highest number of transponders.

How do you get rid of advertisements. I have booked TS+ this week and expecting installation in the net week.

I have Sun Direct with a Component output box,just ask for the STB with component out while booking.I was told that most of the Sun STB now a days are with component output. The clarity is quite good on my Samsung Plasma and with no Sun Logo to bother.

The quality of A/V of present DTH Service in India is poor in one word. All service providers are transmitting in MPEG 2 or 4 Format with high data compression so that they fit in lots of channels in a very narrow bandwidth.

They claim their Video to be DVD Quality but none of them are so due to heavy compression. There are full block noises in fast moving scenes.

Only future will say whether DTH service in India will improve or not but DTH is definetly better than our local cable TV.

I own Tata Sky and not happy with its A/V quality. Most DTH service providers are sourcing their Set top boxes from local chinese manufacturers to keep the cost low , but the quality speaks for itself..........

In one word if you are looking for very high quality of A/V then the present DTH is not for you but as an alternative to cable tv its much better....

In that case ,I will say my Dishtv is better with composite out & no blocking effect(very less) with fast moving objects..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back