DTS-HD-MA no bass

bluescorp

Hii Audiogurus,

may sound naive but i need to ask this.

I have Denon 1911 and wharf 9 series withSW 150. Now whenever i have a movie passthrough my Kaiboer + having DTS HD MA i realsied though the receiver shows DTS-HD -MA but the sound lacks any bass!

However for dolby tru HD which again pass throughs nicely has deep bass.

Is it something to do with my setting (may be DTS HD MA is for 7.1 and I have 5.1 speakers setting) or some adjustments in the receiver. Even at full the SW emmits very negligible bass. Otherwise the sound clarity is stunning.

Am I missing something here. Oh yesmost of the downloads are BD rips with 20 GB in M2TS formats.

Need to understand this . Please help.:sad:

Test that the sub is working in the Speaker Set Up within Denon 1911. If that is all right, anything else that happens is an issue with the media that you are playing. Maybe it has been ripped in such a way that the LFE has been skipped. One option is to, for this media, set the LFE off, and set the front speakers to 'Full'.

cheers

Thanks Guys for quick replies!

Well it happened with all the media files having DTS HD MA. The SW is working fine in all other cases.

Venkat: will surely check the settings recomended.

I wonder can the media player (Kaiboer 1055+) be the culprit. But, it plays the other files so well.

^Not having this issue with my Kaiboer 1055+ and Denon 1909. All files playing well with the SW kicking in as appropriate.

Try setting the output of the media player to HDMI Raw if that option is available. May be for DTS HD the ouput format is getting messed up which AVR is not able to decode properly.

Back