DUAL 1224 TT - any good?

what's the average landed cost for a record?

hi rsud,

have ordered from amazon and importcds. considering the quality and that you're going to be listening to the same record for a lifetime the cost becomes affordable :) of course at the rate of a few lps a month! :licklips: ordered the doors so far and the yardbirds with acdc live are on their way!

does music direct accept paypal?

I have written to seventymm.com to consider vinyl rentals. Do you think it would be a good idea to rent vinyls at 400/500 per month (one per day), purchase them for your personal collection only if you like it?

regards

oh ya that would be brilliant, i am a seventymm customer, and i would gladly pay that much (whenever in the future i have a hi fi setup and a turntable).

landed cost varies from 500 to 1000 to 1500 per lp depending.. ac dc live is bout Rs 1300 for two lps so bout 750 for 1. the doors came to bout 8 grand for 7lps.

500 bucks for a rental lp?? might as well buy it!!! plus with many people renting the lp can imagine what damage will be done to it in bout 5 rentals :sad: and who's going to clean the lps??? seventymm? dont think they'd bother with the trouble! at under 100 bucks a second hand lp might as well buy and junk if you dont like it! ;) assuming your lp guy does not allow you to return it which all do if you've built up a relationship with them.

I have written to seventymm.com to consider vinyl rentals. Do you think it would be a good idea to rent vinyls at 400/500 per month (one per day), purchase them for your personal collection only if you like it?

regards

hi anm,

i didnt calculate that. took it from your post itself.

regards

That landed costs sounds very decent. Yeah what anm was talkng about is 500 bucks per month. But yours is a very good point. Rental LPs might not be feasible like Rental DVDs, considering how delicate they are, and how much care they require. Anyway, i don't even know why i am talking about LPs. I have no turntable. I don't even have a hi fi setup! :p

landed cost varies from 500 to 1000 to 1500 per lp depending.. ac dc live is bout Rs 1300 for two lps so bout 750 for 1. the doors came to bout 8 grand for 7lps.

500 bucks for a rental lp?? might as well buy it!!! plus with many people renting the lp can imagine what damage will be done to it in bout 5 rentals :sad: and who's going to clean the lps??? seventymm? dont think they'd bother with the trouble! at under 100 bucks a second hand lp might as well buy and junk if you dont like it! ;) assuming your lp guy does not allow you to return it which all do if you've built up a relationship with them.

Hi squarewave,

i made those speakers - and to give them a name - I call them "witches of sound"

they are two-way, with scanspeak midwoofer and scanspeak tweeter, and i suppose one would term the design a cross between a transmission line and a bass reflex arrangement.

cheers
suri

Hi Suri,
Yup they look cool. I am sure they sound nice too. Is this based on some DIY recipe or existing design ? Any links towards the same would be nice.

Can you please post a bigger picture of the speakers :)

Last edited:
Suri, they are awesome!
Questions - how did you make those jet engine looking enclosures?
The bent zigzag support on the back - it must be hollow?
I want these speakers!!!
regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back