Dual Rythmik LV12F

Love4sound

Many asked me for feed back on the LV12F as there is not much available online. With my low listening levels I am not the right person to review a subwoofer but after experimenting and having experienced different subs in multiple set ups I guess I can share few things about the sub.
My previous sub was a 500 watts xtz 12.17 and on paper compared to the 300 watts the LV12F doesn’t sound like a major upgrade. In performance both perform similar in low bass slam and scenes that rumble and shake the room.However there are good improvements in the mid and upper region. There is good punch and control. Xtz feels more powerful and thunderous with the LV12F feeling more punchy and controlled. Even music has improved and the LV12F performs closer to a sealed sub. I wil highly recommend this sub for small room. I was so impressed and went duals blindly but in reality I don’t need two in my room and may sell one later on. Please find the Dual vs single graph after audysey. Black is duals and red is single. 45-70hz same performance. 2-4 dB increase in the 20-42 region and 3-5 dB increase in 70-120.Duals does add weightage and gives amazing slam but does it give the performance of additional 1L I have invested for duals which includes a mini dsp as well? For my listening levels at certain scenes it helps but overall not worth the additional 1L. All I am achieving with duals is an additional 3-5 dB which can be achieved even with a single subwoofer in my room if I am listening at normal volume levels. When I purchased the 12.17 my dealer had the LV12F for demo and offered it but being objective I totally looked down on this sub as just a 300 watts entry level sub that costs 649usd. I had a very low opinion and even when I got this for home demo it was cause I asked the L12 for demo which was not available with the dealer at that time. I was forced to take the LV12F but ended up liking it so much and buying 2 of them wen the original plan was to buy dual sealed subs. I will highly recommend every one who is building a HT and picky on bass to look for a sub that is nothing less then the LV12F for a satisfying HT and music experience. Based on my experience, a very important factor in deciding a sub is home demo.

Attachments

• EBED3CC7-788F-413C-BBD5-272C49C3333C.jpeg
    EBED3CC7-788F-413C-BBD5-272C49C3333C.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Interesting... Although I never owned a Rythmik, they behave similarly like REL from whatever I hear from my buddies. They fall in the category of SQ Subwoofer, unlike SVS, which is an SPL Subwoofer. That said, based on my REL experience, I am assuming, Rythmik also does a beautiful job of extending the lower end of the audio spectrum rather than creating a thumping effect, unlike SVS and more suitable for Music. Thus, an SPL lover who expects his Subwoofer to shake the building may find it weak in an HT set-up. If someone wants to share his Sub for both Movies/Music, Rythmik/REL (their SPL versison) is the best middle ground.

Interesting... Although I never owned a Rythmik, they behave similarly like REL from whatever I hear from my buddies. They fall in the category of SQ Subwoofer, unlike SVS, which is an SPL Subwoofer. That said, based on my REL experience, I am assuming, Rythmik also does a beautiful job of extending the lower end of the audio spectrum rather than creating a thumping effect, unlike SVS and more suitable for Music. Thus, an SPL lover who expects his Subwoofer to shake the building may find it weak in an HT set-up. If someone wants to share his Sub for both Movies/Music, Rythmik/REL (their SPL versison) is the best middle ground.
Rel have not been in the HT game till they launched the HT series but rythmik have many ported models and budget friendly subs for movies only set up. Before rel HT series all their models that can hit 20hz hard or below are dam expensive. Rythmik ported subs can match svs ported models in spl till 20hz which is more then enough for most enthusiasts. That said the Rel HT series are a serious deal for HT and before the recent price hike they where priced so well. Imagine the HT predator 15inch was selling for 1.45L. That is one killer sub for HT. Even the 1205 was priced well and should be extremely good for both movies and music. In fact my dealer deals with rel and i had great interest to get it. But sadly when I asked demo for L12 or the HT1205 both his demo units where given to a customer and I ended up bringing the LV12F home which surprised me. A good sealed sub like the L12 or the Rel HT1205 will be awesome for a HT set up. Bass will be clean with such subs in a small and untreated rooms compared to ported subs

Yeah, I heard their FVX12 is good, but I need to listen to it to find out how good it is. REL has lost the price advantage; right now, it's highly inflated. Their HT series is significantly improved over their Ti/Tx series in terms of SPL (they removed the high-level input to cut the $ down), but my ears are biased towards SVS for a pure HT set-up.

Yeah, I heard their FVX12 is good, but I need to listen to it to find out how good it is. REL has lost the price advantage; right now, it's highly inflated. Their HT series is significantly improved over their Ti/Tx series in terms of SPL (they removed the high-level input to cut the $ down), but my ears are biased towards SVS for a pure HT set-up.
I have not tested fvx 12 to its full potential but i recently played just 2 movie scenes at extremely low volume levels at a known fm friend dedicated HT and i was blown away by the quality of bass. Tight and impactful which i have never heard in any subs that i have owned or auditioned

This is a really nice price. Who are the dealers of Rythimik in India, if you happen to know?
Currently Bangalore dealer ProSonics is providing 25% discount. Today is the last date for the monsoon sale. For dealers details get in touch with Avenuesound who is the distributor for Rythmik

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back