Dual vs Single

Dear Fm's

I just wanted to know how many here have used dual subs and gone back to a single sub? Been 8 months i have been using dual subs. Few times i accidentally watched some contents with a single sub cause i would have forgotten to turn on the other sub or my daughter would have unplugged it. Didn't notice much change and noticed some area of the bass being smooth and tight. My room is very small and its just 10*11 so technically doesnt need a dual subwoofer. I also verified by measurements that there isn't much difference with dual subs apart from a 5-7db boost which can also be achieved by increasing the gain of the single sub or a better and powerful single sub-woofer. There is a dip in 105-110 with a single sub which shouldn't have any impact with bass. I have shared the pure direct and EQ graphs. In both graphs blue is the dual sub response and red,orange is the single sub response. I am in a huge dilemma to go back to a single lv12f or sell both and get a better single sub-woofer.
Hi do you have a single listening position or multiple listening positions? If you have a single listening position then you can probably be fine with one sub and eq for that position. But when you get into multiple positions to have good seat-to-seat consistency a second sub would definitely be helpful.

The frequency response measurements you have shared are with smoothing? If so would it be possible to share ones without smoothing then you can see exactly how much is being lost in terms of gain and also the smoothness of the response with the second sub.

Hi do you have a single listening position or multiple listening positions? If you have a single listening position then you can probably be fine with one sub and eq for that position. But when you get into multiple positions to have good seat-to-seat consistency a second sub would definitely be helpful.

The frequency response measurements you have shared are with smoothing? If so would it be possible to share ones without smoothing then you can see exactly how much is being lost in terms of gain and also the smoothness of the response with the second sub.
Thanks for your inputs and I guess you have not gone through the entire thread. The first image is PD graph and the 2nd image is after eq using mini dsp. Anyways all tests are done and I have finalised on dual fvx12.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back