Dubai shopping for Speakers ,avr etc

Stuffs worth buying from UAEare gold, AVR, cameras, mobile phones, gaming consoles, laptops - all these when you get them on sale.
TVs were good till 2 years back, until they introduced flat 33% tax at customs for TVs. In my experience, the quality of TV you get there is much much better than the same model you get here. I have a samsung 32" imported from UAE in 2008, which is still running strong. I locally purchased a sony 32" in 2010 which went kaput in 2011, and repair cost was almost 60% of TV cost :(

Don't bother carrying heavy stuff from there. It's all available here in India. You can look at accessories like speaker cables, interconnects, HDMI cables, terminations, media players, projectors, SPL Meters, universal remotes like Logitech harmony, calibration mics, etc. These are some of the things that are either not easily available in India or are too expensive. There are limited options for them here.

MaSh

In Dubai ,
Did not find any good HiFi speakers at sharaf DG , emax , jumbo electronics etc.

Mobile phones are much cheaper here
Samsung note 9 - about 50k INR
New hiawei mate 20 pro - 62k with seinheiser Boise cancelling headphones .
Nvidia not available in any of the stores
Also razorblade latest light weight gaming laptop not available in n most stores only in virgin, ddinot chk it out yet.

Bro, Just in case if you are still in Dubai......

Sharaf DG and eMax are not the places for hi end Audio stuff. Check at Dubai Audio after 1st Interchange on Sheikh Zyed road. Dubai Audio is a direct dealer for lot of renowned brands and you can have a demo in case you are serious about purchase and if your time permits.

Good luck!!!!

Don't bother carrying heavy stuff from there. It's all available here in India. You can look at accessories like speaker cables, interconnects, HDMI cables, terminations, media players, projectors, SPL Meters, universal remotes like Logitech harmony, calibration mics, etc. These are some of the things that are either not easily available in India or are too expensive. There are limited options for them here.

15 days already in Dubai and have been only doing sightseeing and theme park hopping .
Managed to buy Samsung note 9 for 50k.
Today dedicated for shopping .

Pls speicify what to buy with make and model.
Not much time .
Pls friends .

15 days already in Dubai and have been only doing sightseeing and theme park hopping .

Not much time .
Pls friends .
Go to Dubai audio and report back what are the different prices you see of the products you are looking at buying. Based on that people can advise.

Not much time .
Pls friends .

In dubai audio, SVS subwoofer is cheaper according to website , but it'll be a pain to carry back home..

In dubai audio, SVS subwoofer is cheaper according to website , but it'll be a pain to carry back home..
It seems to 1995 AED which is 38k INR plus the possibility of duty and no warranty, so not worth it, I think. I have got it once from the US without paying duty, but its a chance thing.

Going to Carrefour and sharaf DG today .
Cancelled TV, Nvidia, Sony rx100M6 , Projector.
Now Keen to buy audio accessories and anything worthwhile which is difficult to get in India .

Going to Carrefour and sharaf DG today .
Cancelled TV, Nvidia, Sony rx100M6 , Projector.
Now Keen to buy audio accessories and anything worthwhile which is difficult to get in India .
Yes accessories is what is difficult to find in India. Rest is more or less available.

MaSh

It seems to 1995 AED which is 38k INR plus the possibility of duty and no warranty, so not worth it, I think. I have got it once from the US without paying duty, but its a chance thing.
Risk of duties and No Warranty is quite usual for most of the purchases abroad. It's way cheaper than what is available locally, even if Rs 10000 is charged as duty.

Do they put custom duty for AV Receivers from Dubai? I guess subwoofer are big so noticibly big enough for customs officials.

Visite Sharad DG , Times square mall, First Abu Dhabi Bank and Dubai Audio , Business Bay metro station.
( sea side), A/V products considering the price, duty, handling charges and loss of warranty is not a profitable any more. Emotiva A-300 cost around Rs. 30000/- in Dubai add 15% about Rs.5000/- loss due to non warranty, Total Rs.35000/- . In India Emotiva A-300 cost Rs. 45000/- and with 15% discount it is available for Rs. 39000/-. SVS PB-2000 cost Rs. 67000/- in Dubai . SVS PB-2000 box weight is 40Kg so needs to pay for extra 10Kg and oversize charges additional. Loss of warranty @15% 10k. Custom duty extra . In India PB-2000 cost Rs. 105000/- discount@15% now cost is Rs.90000/- . Difference between two is marginal to consider. It's always better to buy products in India for peace of mind, after sales service and EMI options

Do they put custom duty for AV Receivers from Dubai? I guess subwoofer are big so noticibly big enough for customs officials.
Typically they dont. I have got blu ray player, subwoofer in separate trips. They saw it, asked what it is, I said speaker and cd player, they checked the invoice and let it go as it was much less than 50k limit.

Except upto 42 inch flat screen TV, they charge duty on any electronic devices which cost more that duty free allowance. Sometimes we are lucky to escape. They are very well aware about the products and their prices usually brought from abroad. Sometimes we may land with heavy duty, no way to escape. Always consider you need to pay duty above duty free allowance if escape you are lucky...

Dear FM ( in Dubai) , Now in Dubai for a week. I am looking for Emotiva A-5175, Outlaw Audio Model 5000 or Cambridge Audio CXA-80. Already visited Dubai Audio and Sharad DG. Both don't keep said products. Please advise where shall I get this products for audition...in Dubai.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back