Dubai shopping for Speakers ,avr etc

RAJUSH26

Hello fellow forum friends ,
Is it viable to shop for speakers at Dubai or is it better to buy at Amazon.in

I feel the prices are almost the same you get in Mumbai....we have many dealers here....(Mumbai).....so come here and check.....

Any specific brands?

If purchased from Dubai....no warranty ...also weight to carry.....which is chargable.....

Hmmm

Nice speakers....placement specific......check the rates in India.....check the prices online in dubai........then check the extra weight and possible customs to be paid here.....my friend imported some bose thing....he ended up paying 28% GST.......

Ohh, but only thing bugging to buy speakers in India is the possibility of they not being originals .so getting dupicates for the original price is a big downer.

Hello fellow forum friends ,
Is it viable to shop for speakers at Dubai or is it better to buy at Amazon.in

Since the AVR is cheaper (Dubai) and work on the same voltage as India, getting one higher end would be better..

For speakers, if you are not obsessed with brands, you can get Taga Harmony (Platinum series) for your money in India.. Saving the hassless of shipping, customs..

Recently I have visited Dubai and auditioned few speakers, AVR and AV receiver. Marantz SR5013 costing Dhs 4000/- and SR6013 Dhs 5800. KEF Q750 Dhs 5750/- Sony UDP x700 Dhs 1100/- MS Xbox one S 1300/- and X Dhs 2050/- and Sony PS4 Dhs 1550/- Sharaf DG have an offer on AV receiver with 20/% off on Marantz and Denon AVR with buy back of working old receiver/amplifier. Electronic are little cheap compared to speakers. Out going models have good discount but current models cast almost same as Gray market price. We are loosing one year warranty so add 12-15% in your price cost and compare with Indian discounted price ( 12-15% on MRP). Difference will be marginal. Most difficult things are box weight, size and customs duty. For each additional kg and inches you need to pay to air line in Dhs and customs duty is generally 25-30% above 50K or it's a luck factor if you escape without it. Purchasing AVR, amplifier, UHD player, Game console is feasible due to small box and limited weight but buying a FS speaker pair is matter of research....
One more thing ... Usually we get AVR in Black colour only in India ( Marantz/Denon) , in Dubai Silver is also available and it looks good.

Brother,
Stick to purchases from this country.The corrupt customs guys will definitely try and milk you.To top it up your guarantee will be null and void.

Which avr is good at the moment , within say 50k

If you can stretch a lil more, you can grab Pioneer LX 303 for 60K (9.2 AVR) with bill & warranty here.. You may check hifimart.com.. An other member shared that Pioneer has 2 yrs India warranty..( not sure of it, but you may check it)..

Nvidia shield gaming console,
Can this also double up as a media PC which can be hooked to the YAM AVR

Nvidia shield gaming console,
Can this also double up as a media PC which can be hooked to the YAM AVR

It will help playback of most audio files & BR Rips with Atmos/ Dts X soundtracks, as it would bitstream to AVR..

What about TV shopping in Dubai....

Avoid this if you can, as the customs might skip any item without TV, but TV for sure there is approx 38% duty.. No point buying there and paying hefty duties..

Also you have plenty of offers on Flipkart / amazon.in if you are looking for 55inch 4K TV's..

Some years back getting stuff from Dubai was sensible. Now its really a Bad idea considering similar prices and lack of warranty. Dubai is a bad place for shopping audio if I am not wrong. A friend of mine who lives there asked me a suggestion on headphones. I found prices for most of audio stuff higher than Indian price.

So basically friends , no shopping speakers ,TV, or AVR'sin Dubai
Good to buy - Nvidia, projector etc

One doubt ,
A 55 or 65 inch TV bought at Dubai plus added duty at Indian airport might cost lesser than India of course minus the warranty.

However I bought my LG 47 inch TV from US in 2013 without any warranty and it's still running fine.

So basically friends , no shopping speakers ,TV, or AVR'sin Dubai
Good to buy - Nvidia, projector etc

One doubt ,
A 55 or 65 inch TV bought at Dubai plus added duty at Indian airport might cost lesser than India of course minus the warranty.

However I bought my LG 47 inch TV from US in 2013 without any warranty and it's still running fine.

Prices are a bit on higher side in Dubai...you may get it cheaper in Abu Dhabi or Sharjah.....

Based on what others have already said...factor the weight, customs and ofcourse warranty.....

If something worked in your favour in 2013 does not mean that the same time shall prevail with GST and all coming in the picture.

You should shop for stuff which is not easily available here......some would get 24k gold from there which is pure (hallmark) from the proper authorised dealers (Gold Souk). Small gizmos or electronics for everyday life.

In Dubai ,
Did not find any good HiFi speakers at sharaf DG , emax , jumbo electronics etc.

Mobile phones are much cheaper here
Samsung note 9 - about 50k INR
New hiawei mate 20 pro - 62k with seinheiser Boise cancelling headphones .
Nvidia not available in any of the stores
Also razorblade latest light weight gaming laptop not available in n most stores only in virgin, ddint chk it out yet.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back