Import any TV from Dubai/USA

krishnakrishna

Hi folks,

How can we import a high cost TV(Ex : OLED,QLED) from Dubai or USA ?

I see there is a 40-50% of price discounts for variety of TVs in Amazon USA compared to Indian markets.
Can I get a 75/87 inch TV from USA ?
as per my knowledge, business class travellers can carry 65-70 kg of luggage compared to economy class travelers carrying eligibility of 35-40 kg.
As a 75/87 inch TV weighs around 25-30 kg, can a Business Class Traveler bring it with no extra cost ?

Appreciate your response.

Hi folks,

I see there is a 40-50% of price discounts for variety of TVs in Amazon USA compared to Indian markets.
as per my knowledge, business class travellers can carry 65-70 kg of luggage compared to economy class travelers carrying eligibility of 35-40 kg.
As a 75/87 inch TV weighs around 25-30 kg, can a Business Class Traveler bring it with no extra cost ?

The customs duties will more than make up for the price difference, and then some.

Hi folks,

The maximum allowed checked in baggage varies across airlines and routes. I haven't heard of any airline allowing more than 40 kgs in Business Class. I suggest you check with the airline you intend travelling with.

The TV's sold on Amazon USA may be running on 110v although TV's from Dubai will operate on 220v.
Besides chances are there you may exceed the baggage limit and end up paying for the extra weight if carrying along with you unless you are allowed 60 kgs which I am not sure.
Pls don't think of importing to India as it is just not worth the total cost and headache. Besides warranty may not be applicable over here.
The customs duty and taxes for getting the tv may not be worth it and you may end up paying more nullifying the discount.
Better to buy from here as the warranty will be applicable on purchases made in India . Besides most of the tv models are available here.

Last edited:
Get it on GST BILL here in India and claim GST. Then it’s even cheaper than USA and Dubai. Zero issue of airline luggage allowance , 110 voltage , custom duty , warranty etc etc

Get it on GST BILL here in India and claim GST. Then it’s even cheaper than USA and Dubai. Zero issue of airline luggage allowance , 110 voltage , custom duty , warranty etc etc
Not everyone owns a business to claim GST off.

Also getting personal items in the name of company is tax evasion and a punishable offence.

Most if not airlines have restrictions on the Dimensions of Checked in Luggage. So. a 75 / 85 inch if I am not mistaken would exceed the permissible limits and in turn you would need to pay an extra fee. Even if allowed on flight with no fee then custom duty at the airport would rip you off, this would negate any gains in the price difference

The best way to get a 75/85 inch TV is not via flight but via cargo/shipped with someone who is coming to India on a TR ( transfer of Residence ) from overseas. in this case the taxes would be exceptionally low if not zero.

Hi folks,

krishna, It is true that you will find 220 V TV models at a much better price in the Middle East. However, you will have to pay additional fees for excess baggage plus oversize baggage( sum of dimensions should not exceed 158 cm). At your port of landing, you may have to pay 35% duty on the price that the customs officials deems is the price for that model as per his reference/list. Hence, there is quite the chance that you may end up paying as much or more for the same model albeit with a product with out local warranty.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back