Dune Mediator or Popcorn?

Pietvlam

HELP!!!
I have been filming my family for the last 15 years, and have over the last 6 month digitalized 70 Cassettes half of them are in HD format.
I converted the raw data using Pinnacle Studio into .MP4 movies and now want to view them comfortable on my TV ( Panasonic Viera TX P42 VT 30 E ( plasma))
(Not sure if they are Mpeg 4 or Mpeg 2? need to check I am not so comfortable with all these possibilities)
I know the output videofile is around 12 GB which is hughes.
I stored the Videos on my Nas, connected the Nas to the TV with the nowadays best cable connection, but the TV can not play nicely the videos. scattered, interupted, ect

I have some questions:
1)which videoformat should I best use to encode my movies?
2)Interlaced or Progressive?
3) I now decided to store all the videos on a HD and then buy a Mediaplayer to play them on my TV
Which of the 3 is best fit for my purpose to play in best quality all my Family videos from my Hard disk:

MED800X3D
Dune HD TV-303
Popcorn hour a 410

Or another option?

I dont mind to pay a bit more to have a gooood solution ?
All help and hints are extremely welcome. ?

I have some questions:
1)which videoformat should I best use to encode my movies?
2)Interlaced or Progressive?
3) I now decided to store all the videos on a HD and then buy a Mediaplayer to play them on my TV
Which of the 3 is best fit for my purpose to play in best quality all my Family videos from my Hard disk:

MED800X3D
Dune HD TV-303
Popcorn hour a 410

1) MP4 is a common and universal format. Can't go wrong with it.
2) Progressive gives better resolution. I thought interlaced was dead!!
3) Any of these three should play MP4. Look for other features to make a choice. Dune and Popcorn are good products.

Cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back