During and after the lockdown

A dream garden @hydrovac what's your carbon credit score?
Considering your giveaways, can you pl reserve the nectar for me?
Thanks
My aim is to ensure a continuous decrease in air pollution around my place... the hive is not for giveaway, but if you can convince the bees, may take it away. (pl consult Moktan for advice)

Amazing space you got @hydrovac . Love it.
Thanks tuff...

Nice...but the beehive doesnt worry you?
I am following SOP... maintaining social distance etc.,

It is just fantastic seeing the beautiful landscaped palatial homes of some of our FMs not to mention the gift of green fingers! Thanks a million for sharing these incredible pics.
Thanks for appreciating.

During lockdown, I think my employer is lucky because it is getting that time of mine also that I spent on driving. After lockdown, depending out how soon or long it takes, I think, for all of us, it will be some kind of shocking experience for all of us when we will need to go into a any crowded place such as restaurant, theater etc..

I must accept that had this not been lockdown, I would never have looked into audiophile fuses in my life :).

Yes, many loss making routes are discontinued. Because of not enough commuters. Which means they were not needed. And the BEST has revamped and is better than before. As for overcrowding, yes, that is true for every public transport mode in Mumbai but that's a different problem. Mumbai has the best public transport network in the whole of India! There's so much about the public transport I take for granted in Mumbai, till I visit another town/city in India. :)
Good Morning,
I am not comparing it with other states. I like Best, Mumbai, Old buildings. I was aligning lockdown with earlier mumbai. Probably got nostalgic.
But I have seen Metro rail. and within few years it is already becoming like crowded subarban local trains. However I like western line. Less crowded (comparatively) and small distances.
Regards.

Lovely garden! Must be an effort to tend to it. But the joy of seeing that greenery and enjoying the fruits must be more than compensating.

I hope you don’t mind me saying this, but the plastic drums don’t go well with the bounty of nature there - both in terms of the material and the color. Aren’t there equivalent alternatives made of clay? Or may be just soil beds?

Working in software, my work hours are no different than before the lockdown. But I have more flexibility and no commute, which are positives. Housework is never ending (wife works from home too and we share the housework equally) though.

During the initial days of the lockdown I thought I might have more time to devote to learning and reading and playing/practicing music. It took me a while to realize that I have to adopt a new routine, new habits and a new mindset altogether to make things effective. I'm more or less settled into the new routine now.

After the lockdown? It's difficult to speculate much. But as others have pointed out, I think this phase will change us in many ways, make us introspect on what is really important - relationships, caring, frugality, art and music - at an individual level. On a global level, I hope our leaders learn the importance of preparing for such eventualities better.

Working in software, my work hours are no different than before the lockdown. But I have more flexibility and no commute, which are positives. Housework is never ending (wife works from home too and we share the housework equally) though.

During the initial days of the lockdown I thought I might have more time to devote to learning and reading and playing/practicing music. It took me a while to realize that I have to adopt a new routine, new habits and a new mindset altogether to make things effective. I'm more or less settled into the new routine now.

After the lockdown? It's difficult to speculate much. But as others have pointed out, I think this phase will change us in many ways, make us introspect on what is really important - relationships, caring, frugality, art and music - at an individual level. On a global level, I hope our leaders learn the importance of preparing for such eventualities better.

Few positives about the lockdown is a lot of people have taken the responsibility of sharing domestic duties and realising that at times domestic duties are tougher than duties at their work place.
Another good aspect is now a lot of people are figuring out working from cloud based servers which would save everybody's commute time, energy, rental and other miscellaneous costs.

Ancillary industries dependent on this will be hard hit to say the least.

It will be better for industry leaders to take an Ecosystem view than industry sector view .

For a developing country like ours..we need all round growth.
Agree with you mpw especially where big industries are concerned & ancillaries too. We also have been very badly hit by the current situation. But since we are small & in software based line, we can try to operate remotely to avoid any such situations. Hence we have decided to try cloud based servers. For us the yearly software and office rentals are the biggest expenses. If we can coordinate ourselves well with good internet bandwidth from our homes then we are good to go. We have set ourselves a target to make this possible in approx a year's time.

Last edited:
Ancillary industries dependent on this will be hard hit to say the least.

It will be better for industry leaders to take an Ecosystem view than industry sector view .

For a developing country like ours..we need all round growth.
True - there are systemic checks and balances. IT companies would continue on this model only if the STPI/sEZ rules relaxation is continued (there a special exemption extended to IT industry that revenue generated out of WFH would be treated as if done within the premises making then eligible for SOPs). This is a key lever with politicians as most of the real estate and ancillary services - food court, security, transport are owned by these guys. They will work towards removing this exemption as their bread and butter of laundering fronts would be impacted big time.

Your garden reminded me of permaculture. A design concept that enables one to identify patterns , energy flows in ones space and design a garden that is aesthetically pleasing , sustainable and yield bearing while not being too taxing on ones time and efforts.
I once met a permaculture resource person many years ago. He used to conduct workshops alternately in Darjeeling and Bangalore. Now off course such expertise is available on the internet. He told me that permaculture gardens are not meant to wow you with a lot of colour - energy and effort intensive gardens like the Miracle Garden of Dubai are an antithesis of permaculture- but rather they are habitable spaces in which you are inside the garden , living in it, rather than looking at it or visiting it occasionally from the outside.
Most permaculture principles are not new. They have been a part of the accumulated vernacular wisdom handed down through the ages - like growing climbing legumes on maize plants ( legumes help fix nitrogen while the maize provides support).
But its advantage is that it has organised these principles and practices into a body of knowledge which one can use to identify what is available and possible for ones garden- irrespective of whether that garden is a luxurious plant paradise spread over many levels of terrace spaces or a box of greens in the kitchen window sill.

Your garden reminded me of permaculture. A design concept that enables one to identify patterns , energy flows in ones space and design a garden that is aesthetically pleasing , sustainable and yield bearing while not being too taxing on ones time and efforts.
I once met a permaculture resource person many years ago. He used to conduct workshops alternately in Darjeeling and Bangalore. Now off course such expertise is available on the internet. He told me that permaculture gardens are not meant to wow you with a lot of colour - energy and effort intensive gardens like the Miracle Garden of Dubai are an antithesis of permaculture- but rather they are habitable spaces in which you are inside the garden , living in it, rather than looking at it or visiting it occasionally from the outside.
Most permaculture principles are not new. They have been a part of the accumulated vernacular wisdom handed down through the ages - like growing climbing legumes on maize plants ( legumes help fix nitrogen while the maize provides support).
But its advantage is that it has organised these principles and practices into a body of knowledge which one can use to identify what is available and possible for ones garden- irrespective of whether that garden is a luxurious plant paradise spread over many levels of terrace spaces or a box of greens in the kitchen window sill.
Great inputs, Moktan! I have reading up permaculture, Subhash Palekar's work. His works were packaged with local techniques adoption & delivered succinctly to the agrarian group in Tamilnadu by farmer activist -Nammalvar. Organic way and eco-farming has been on the rise for a decade or so in South India. Multi-crop (12-20 crops in same land) is a huge hit amongst micro-farmers around Bengaluru.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back