Dust Cover for Project genie

Oh and thanks for the tip Stevieboy! If I can't get one made then I will scout out those chaps.

Hmmm for me the problem is leaving it off while playing. Each side is average about 25 mins of playing time, that's a lot of time to gather dust! When it's not in use, I cover it with a cloth and it's ok in that regard, but while the record spins it attracts a lot of dust and since I have pets things get quite dusty! With other turntables which have dust covers you can just leave them shut... does this have to do with the de-coupled motor?

well tek,

nopes. i have a tt with a motor pod that's completely separate from the main unit, connected only by the belt. and the tt has a cover that is completely removable, no hinges. its not a square/rectangular shape that's why i guess. if you're more worried bout the dust, keep the cover on while playing. try it both ways and see if you can make out any diff and if not :)

regards

Hi. So I have a Pro-Ject Genie and love it as a sort of odd art object and as a turntable.

I have been searching for a cover also. I really do not like the Pro-Ject big and tall "CoverIT" models. Look awful to me and they are expensive.

I called Sumiko in San Franscisco and they have a smaller version that is just listed today at Needle Doctor. Total with shipping is $112 in the USA. Much sweeter cover and (as covers go) reasonably priced.

I was going to make one too. Not now, mine is on order.

imgres

Last edited:
Hi all,

Update to the pics. I got my acrylic dust cover (really simple make a rectangle and cover it from the top as per the dimensions) for around 1k Next step to build the base.

Hi,

Did you cut the sides or bend them. Since you glue the cover or top to the sides? I would really be interested in knowing more about your cutting, bending and joining the acrylic.

Regards.

I called Sumiko in San Franscisco and they have a smaller version that is just listed today at Needle Doctor. Total with shipping is $112 in the USA. Much sweeter cover and (as covers go) reasonably priced.

Thanks for the heads up, do post a pic once you get it please :)

I got a nylon cover made for it and its working pretty well till now

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back