DVD....5.1 channel surround advice ...

Vista

Hi Guys ,

I have really got in struck mode .ok i start with , i own

PS3 ( For Gaming and Blue Ray Movies )
Philips 5.1 HD DVD without speakeers ( DivX movies )
And HD TV .

Once again I need advise from Gurus .

1.) Since i have Player , PS3 and DVD but no speakers , so to get surround sound i need the 5.1 way set of speakers , Which brand and Can i get it seperately without Player .
What would it cost around . ?

2.) To which should i connect these speakers ( PS3 /DVD ) , Can i interconnect all three al together to get surround effect playin any of them TV , DVD , and PS3 .. Since i am new to PQ and AQ lovers category :eek: . so might be asking some silly questions but bear with me ..

Thanks for replies .

To be able to get more than 2 channels, you need a receiver. Read around the threads or go to a website like www.avr_name.com (substitute avr_name with one of yamaha, onkyo, denon, pioneer) and read through some online user manuals to get a feel for the connecitons.

Basically, DVD, cd player, stb ---- AVR ---- speakers

Hi Guys ,

I have really got in struck mode .ok i start with , i own

PS3 ( For Gaming and Blue Ray Movies )
Philips 5.1 HD DVD without speakeers ( DivX movies )
And HD TV .

Once again I need advise from Gurus .

1.) Since i have Player , PS3 and DVD but no speakers , so to get surround sound i need the 5.1 way set of speakers , Which brand and Can i get it seperately without Player .
What would it cost around . ?

2.) To which should i connect these speakers ( PS3 /DVD ) , Can i interconnect all three al together to get surround effect playin any of them TV , DVD , and PS3 .. Since i am new to PQ and AQ lovers category :eek: . so might be asking some silly questions but bear with me ..

Thanks for replies .

You will need an AVR and 5.1/7.1 set of speakers. What's your budget? Depending on that you will have lots of choices. You can also take a look at HTIBs with separates since you have two players with the Philips DVDP and the PS3.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back