Dvd connection problem

confused

Hi,
i had connected my lg dvd to my 26 inch lcd tv.My young son while trying to play a dvd hit setup button on dvd remote and choose RGB OUT as connection while i had connected dvd to AV IN Of lcd.Now i can only here audio but no picture and since i cannot view pic cannot run setup menu of dvd player.So tell me how can i bring video back?

first remove the disc in the dvd player. next, press STOP button and hold it for 5 seconds before releasing it. the video output will be restored to the standard setting, and a picture will once again be visible on your tv.

cheers.

Thanks jeev,
i had done as u advised but my stubborn dvd player wont listen so i m still facing the problem
my dvd player is lg dsi 8555p

Last edited:
Hi,

Do try the same after unplugging the player for 10 mins and do try the stop on the player itself. Seems this problem is very common in LG players and even the lg website suggests the same solution as suggested by Jeeva. If you have the manual with you, search for factory reset options.

Sorry, not able to find a better solution!

Cheers!

I tried this with my Pioneer DVD Player, so I think it should work with the LG also.

I have connected the player to a CRT using a composite cable (not component). The display worked as usual and I was able to browse through the settings.

So take your DVD Player to a CRT if you have one and connect it using a composite cable. If you don't have a CRT, maybe a neighbour can help?

Cheers

Hey,he is saying RGB out,its either component out OR scart out if available.
So connecting to component in of LCD with another (or same AV cable)will do the job.
He is not getting any video from AV(composite)

Venkat,

Since his current setting is for RGB, shouldnt he connect with a component cable to a display and then change the setting?

Not being a tec geek so pl tell me is the cable i connect to lcd is diff than the RGB CABLE? Is it also called the composite cable?If its so then i need to beg borrow or buy it so my problem wil be solved?

Hi,

For (y)our reference,

1. Component Video cable.
DVD-Component-Cable-KS-5301DVD-.jpg
2. Composite Video cable.
composite%20cable.jpg

3. S-Video
2288-out-put-laptop-tv-need-help-s-video-cable.jpg

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Re: Dvd connection problem-SOLVED!

Thanks everyono who posted me to help me to sort out my connection problem.
I connected component video cable between dvd and lcd and bingo i could run setup screen and video was restored.
You people have saved my some 250Rs as LG SERVICE center person told me it wil be fee for solving the problem! Treat on me!

Re: Dvd connection problem-SOLVED!

Thanks everyono who posted me to help me to sort out my connection problem.
I connected component video cable between dvd and lcd and bingo i could run setup screen and video was restored.
You people have saved my some 250Rs as LG SERVICE center person told me it wil be fee for solving the problem! Treat on me!

Hey, thatz cool. Enjoy!

Cheers!

Re: Dvd connection problem solved nd now need suggestion

Thanks venkat spiro and all friends who helped me.Now i m asking one more favour.Help me choose to upgrade from my lg lh20 series 26 inch lcd to following two models i selected
1.Pany plasma 42 C10
2.Samy la32a450 lcd
my budget is 40k most
and pl tell me about power consumption.

Re: Dvd connection problem solved nd now need suggestion

Thanks venkat spiro and all friends who helped me.Now i m asking one more favour.Help me choose to upgrade from my lg lh20 series 26 inch lcd to following two models i selected
1.Pany plasma 42 C10
2.Samy la32a450 lcd
my budget is 40k most
and pl tell me about power consumption.

Panny Plasma
Size does matter!
In fact see if you get PV8 @ good prie!
call if possible - think of LG or samsung plasma too!

HI,

+1 to above. My vote also goes for Panny. I too own a panny display, but it is only 32" due to space constraints.

Even considering your viewing distance, Panny is the clear winner, but as far as power consumption is concerned, panny does consume 285w and Samsung, 180W.

But if you want to consider 32", look in for some other models.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back