DVD detection problem in PHILIPS HD4750

Here i go again visiting this topic back :mad: :mad: :mad:
Got similar issues again.

This time, the dvd's are detected properly. But after the movie starts, the whole picture just freezes. Cant use any button on remote or on player except the eject one. But sometimes have to tap the player and it resumes back again. :annoyed: This freezing happens every 10-30 mins. And this is happening from the past 1 month, but couldn't do anything as didnt have any time.

Incase anyone hasn't noticed, i purchased this HTiB system around 7-8 months back and i've lost count of how many times i've had problems with it and called the same old philips engineer. This thread explains all the problems i've had with it everytime.

But this time, i'm not just going to call them and ask them for repair. I better ask them for a replacement because it's too much now. What do you guys think?
I purchased it from E-zone 7-8 months back and have spent more time with issues ON in it than OFF. :mad: :mad:
End of consumer patience, isn't it?

I can understand, very very irritating, but replacement is not going to happen as this model is not in production anymore and they wont replace it.

Better to move up the chain and get hold of the Philips India Customer head.

Check u r PM, have sent something important that might help you :)

Last edited:
Hello Guys,
now I am facing the problem of detection of certain DVD's on my 4750(bought i before 9 months). I am on rented plan and from day before yesterday, seventymm DVDs not working on my system...:mad: First I was under impression that their DVD's are not good thats why not playing on my system. Then I checked those same DVDs on my neighbour's dvd players and they played absolutely fine...:mad: Now I just checked my DVD's from collections..they played ok, but these DVD's from seventmm is not playing at all...how come..? Every week I clean my lense with the Philips dry cleaning CD...so is there any use of cleaning it.? My neighbours even dont clean there dvd players, lense cleaners, with all over dust around it..and those LG, Onida ( which maybe around 3 or 4k of cost) plays everything but my HTiB wont (with so many precautions)..how come..? I am geting worried now, and the problem just started from 2 to 3 days ago. What else we can do besides this..?

Really sorry about your bad experience. If you can't get the dvd player replaced, will you be open to selling the HTiB?
I can take it off ur hands, provided the price is right. :clapping:

I can understand, very very irritating, but replacement is not going to happen as this model is not in production anymore and they wont replace it.

Better to move up the chain and get hold of the Philips India Customer head.

Check u r PM, have sent something important that might help you :)

Worst, sometimes the disc stuck up in the system and you get the message "loading" on the display continuously. The complete system gets "Hang" and you can not even play other inputs as well. Anyways, although the model is an obsolete one, the CD Mechanism of Sony brand is changed by Philips service in case of need. Other remedy is to upgrade the firmware for better handling of discs as claimed by Philips. The method is mentioned elsewhere in this website.

Coming back to the last problem i faced in this thread (a few posts back)....
i just got it checked 2 days ago...almost 3 months after i faced this issue.
Sorry Madbull, appreciate your help but couldn't do much about it, i was out of station for a while. Just called local philips help like i did everytime.

A different philips guy came over to my place, and came to the same conclusion - Lens were bad. Now, this one was already the 2nd one replaced just a few weeks before it got bad. How crappy can Philips system be? :mad:
Anyways, he coming up with a new lens in a few days. Will post back.

Akshaye,
As you see, i think it can be a lens problem. I've always faced a similar issue like you. My 5 year old samsung player (which was never cleaned with any CD) plays much better. Always had less confidence playing DVD's on my philips one. And cleaning never helped.
So, i would say contact philips customer care.
You are from Mumbai too, so incase you need it, their new No. is
Use Mobile Phone.
GL

Last edited:
Hi Abhay,
thanks for sharing the number. but you have the same case?, like I can play the other DVD's from my collections..but only seventymm DVDs dont play..sometimes they play but I have to give it 10 tries for that.. :( but sometimes they dont play at all..I am bit concern as its a starting of lense problem...anyways I will wait till it gets worst..what can I say...

Yes, in initial stages of the issue i had this exact same problem. And you are right, it's starting up....it will probably grow worse ::rolleyes:

Ok Guys,
I again gone through this entire post with Abhay's problem and mine which has been just started ( I am sure this will become worst). Changing lenses by the Philips is not working, since I just checked Abhay's posting date for problem, that those lense works only for three months. So I need experts comments over here. Is it possible to replace this low quality philips lense with the one which is more high quality and reliable..and not from Philips brand..? I mean, not sure can we do it with the help of experts? Cause I am pretty sure these philips lenses are not going to work more than three months. So can we replace it with the greater quality of lense of the other brand like sony, samsung, lg whichever is the best?

Will wait for your responses..

IDK how can one manage to put another brand in.
I would say get it replaced from them ASAP for now, they would of course put the same one ON but as your system is just 9 months old, it will be free of charge because of warranty.
And Philips lenses might still work for a long time, we never know right?
Putting another brand in will require money anyways.

IDK how can one manage to put another brand in.
I would say get it replaced from them ASAP for now, they would of course put the same one ON but as your system is just 9 months old, it will be free of charge because of warranty.
And Philips lenses might still work for a long time, we never know right?
Putting another brand in will require money anyways.

I am not sure they will work for a long as I had a bad experience with the old philips HTib lenses. Those also worked for three months only after replacemnt..:mad:. And as per your experience, these lenses are working only for 3 months and not working for a long time. I think I dont believe in philips lenses.. hence, I need to find out some other solution...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back