DVD Player for Music and Movies under 15K

idlebrain

Hi Friends,

I am on the look out for the best DVD player for music and movies.

My Set up is Amp Denon 1910, Speakers : Energy Take Classic 5.1.
I got panny BD80 imported from US, it has restriction of playing only NTSC.

Hence I need an Universal and Upsclaing capable DVD player with HDMI to play PAL DVDs and should be good for music as well.
I don't have any plans to set up an exclusive stereo set up for music.So I need a player to cover best of the both worlds.
Budget around 15K, will increase a bit if it really worth the extra.

Thanks
Satya

The Cambridge Audio DV99 is an excellent choice. Video quality I have not tried myself but I hear it does a very good job of upscaling. As an audio CD player it held its own in the budget source shootout we had, and it's a very good versatile universal player. It plays SACD and DVD-A, and accepts USB input. It has 5.1 analog outs as well.

+1 to him-

1.Oppo980 music(9/10) + mov(9) = 15k(outside)
2.CA DV99 music(8.5/10) + mov(8)= 13k
3.Maranz DVDp music(9) + mov(7.5)= 15k (forgot model no)

The Cambridge Audio DV99 is an excellent choice. Video quality I have not tried myself but I hear it does a very good job of upscaling. As an audio CD player it held its own in the budget source shootout we had, and it's a very good versatile universal player. It plays SACD and DVD-A, and accepts USB input. It has 5.1 analog outs as well.

absolutely. could'nt agree more.
video quality is top-notch.
audio quality much much better than any reasonably priced dvdp.

Thanks for the inputs.

Any idea what chip CA DVD99 is using? Tried in google..no luck.

Though Denon chip is better than CA99,onbrd chip doesnt do that bad in upscaling.
CA99 uses mediatek chip(oppo too)CA99 is similar to oppo980 in features ,slightly lower in performance.DACs are cirus logic.
There is a link,not getting now.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back