DVD player thats good with music too!

i got the diamonds from desiegner audio at tardeo ac market, contact out there is Kshitij Shah, amazing speakers for the money i love the setup!

I am having a DENON cd player connected to a Marantz Amp. My DENON cd player is getting old (16 years..yes, you heard it right, 16 long years performing very well). It started giving problems, the service guy says the lens has to be changed and it will cost around 9K. So I am looking for a new CD player( or a DVD player). Should I buy a CD player or a DVD player? I am more into music than Videos. Believe me, I don't have a DVD player. How is the audio quality in a DVD player when playing music CDs?. Here in this I see people recommend Oppo, Cambridge etc. Since I already have DENON, I tried to check DENON DVD Players, but the price comparing US is very high here in India. But from this post, I understand that the other brands which are equally good as DENON are selling at a much cheaper price in India. Any inputs appreciated.

I am having a DENON cd player connected to a Marantz Amp. My DENON cd player is getting old (16 years..yes, you heard it right, 16 long years performing very well). It started giving problems, the service guy says the lens has to be changed and it will cost around 9K. So I am looking for a new CD player( or a DVD player). Should I buy a CD player or a DVD player? I am more into music than Videos. Believe me, I don't have a DVD player. How is the audio quality in a DVD player when playing music CDs?. Here in this I see people recommend Oppo, Cambridge etc. Since I already have DENON, I tried to check DENON DVD Players, but the price comparing US is very high here in India. But from this post, I understand that the other brands which are equally good as DENON are selling at a much cheaper price in India. Any inputs appreciated.

exljp, there have been a large number of discussion on this subject. Please search the forum, and you will find discussions on CDP, DVD Players, DACS etc.

I don't know what your budget is, but a minimal CDP will cost you around 15K. Look for CDPs from NAD, CA, and Marantz, Since you have a Marantz, it may be best to go for a Marantz CDP.

You can get DVD players for around 5000 but the quality of music output from such layers will not be as good as the CDP. Expensive DVD Players from CA, NAD, Marantz, Denon will give you good music output, but they will cost 15K and above.

Cheers

exljp, there have been a large number of discussion on this subject. Please search the forum, and you will find discussions on CDP, DVD Players, DACS etc.

I don't know what your budget is, but a minimal CDP will cost you around 15K. Look for CDPs from NAD, CA, and Marantz, Since you have a Marantz, it may be best to go for a Marantz CDP.

You can get DVD players for around 5000 but the quality of music output from such layers will not be as good as the CDP. Expensive DVD Players from CA, NAD, Marantz, Denon will give you good music output, but they will cost 15K and above.

Cheers

Thank you Venkat for your suggestion. My budget is around 15K+, my current Denon is DCD 690 and Maraztz Amp is PM 75. After going through many postings, I think I have to go for a CDP and separate DVD. My first priority is to get a good CDP as I listen to music mostly and very rarely videos. For a similar price range between NAD, CA,DENON, Marantz, which one would be better in your opinion?

I think I have to go for a CDP and separate DVD. My first priority is to get a good CDP as I listen to music mostly and very rarely videos. For a similar price range between NAD, CA,DENON, Marantz, which one would be better in your opinion?

Going by the popularity in the market and in this HiFi Forum, you should look for a Marantz, followed by CA and then the NAD. In Marantz the CD5001 is an excellent CDP.

In CA the models to look for are 340C and the 540C. In NAD, the models to look for are the C525BEE and the C515BEE.

Audition the C5001 first. You will like it.

Cheers

Oppo is good. There is one thread on this forum in this regrads, please search for it. AFAIK , no body sells Oppo products here in official capacity (Bill and Warranty) however it is available in gray market , prices are Rs 25K onwards depending on the catch of the day.

I have been using the oppo980H DVD/CD/SACD player and its GOOD ! by a big margin it beats the stand alone Marantz 6002 cd player.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back