DVD rip software?

SaurabhK

Which would be a good DVD ripping software?

Am in the process of building up a NAS for my media . Which software would you recommend for ripping DVD? Which format would you recommend to rip to? Storage size is not an issue ..

There are many DVD rippers out there on the market, like Handbrake and DVDFab. I tried them both. Handbrake really works well but it cannot rip protected DVD and its parameter setting always trips me up. While DVDfab always crashes on my computer so I'm not very satisfied with it :(
Now I'm using MacX DVD Ripper Pro. It supports homemade and commercial DVDs and can rip DVD to any format. More important it I can edit the DVD video as I want.
Regarding the format you asked, MP4 is popular and is compatible with many media players and devices. So you can rip DVD to MP4 first. If you have some other special use, you'd better do a search to see which video format is needed.
Good luck :)

Did read about handbrake and suggested format was MKV 264 . i think mp4 if you intend to use on tablets/phones. Will play with handbrake over the weekend.. lets see...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back