Dynaudio with NAD?

Have heard the older Audience 52 with that amp. Bad combination. Bass sounds bloated, that speaker can sound a lot better than it did with Nad. From what I've read, the Emit series are closer to the older Audience and Contour series than subsequent models so make sure you try them together before committing

Sounds absolutely terrible. Look for a better more neutral amp. NAD has the usual low end British equipment bass bloat.

Sounds absolutely terrible. Look for a better more neutral amp. NAD has the usual low end British equipment bass bloat.
Thanks. I thought NAD went from Britain to Denmark to Canada, but looks like you still got some British beef with NAD....:D.

Thanks. I thought NAD went from Britain to Denmark to Canada, but looks like you still got some British beef with NAD....:D.
Haha their sound hasn't changed much over the years though.

Trouble with Dynaudio is that they simply need 2-3x the cost of the speakers in amplification to really shine.

Please share your experiences with Dynaudio speakers (Emit M20) with NAD 356 amp. Thanks.

As everyone has said above the NAD doesn't have the power or the tonality to make the dynaudio sing.
The emit is still better power wise. I did hear the Emit 10 with a Marantz 8005 amp and it was beautiful provided you didn't push it.
Otherwise look for a used bryston power amp. They really open up the Dynaudio well. Dynaudio makes decent speakers but they need power unless you go for their active speakers.

I don't know much about the newer dynaudio models.

In the past, I have known a few people who have experimented with these amps from Nad, Rotel etc with the contour series and audience series bookshelf speakers. I used to own the 350 in the past ( ~12 years ago) and have taken it to a friends home to try it with a dyn audience 50 ( I think )speaker. Absolutely bad match.

The integrateds from NAD don't work well with dynaudio. But they managed to get pretty decent sound using NAD or Rotel power amps ( the really big models from yesteryears) along with preamps from other brands. End of the day, they were happier when they moved to other brands like krell, plinius, electrocompaniet etc.

Look for a New/Used Masterclass NAD integrated . Then it would be a completely different game

Yes, these must be a different game. Never heard them, so can't comment.

I'm using Emit M20's with a Linn Klout Power Amplifier(Balanced; 160W/4Ohms) and they sound excellent - Base out of these is so good for the size, paired with a good DAC produce a very clear and detailed sound.

I've heard they only work well powerful Amp's dont know much about your particular NAD Amp but I think you may need something with a bit more oomph to get the best out these particular Speakers.

I use Plinius SA-102 with Dynaudio C1s. Great combination.

Tried Nad stereo power amp, luxman entry level integrated. plinius is another level.

Try with Adcom GFA-535 mkii if you want. But the amp is not for sale as it is part of my NP collection.
But you will need a pre to drive it

Thanks to all. But considering my budget of around 50K, I am looking at:-
1) Yamaha RN 602 - All in one convenience for the new generation
2) Yamaha AS 500 - Used, as the product is discontinued AFAIK
3) Rega Brio - New or used (As I have heard the Emit 20 with Rega Elicit)
4) Audiolab 6000A - Touch above budget
5) Rotel 1552 power amp - Used.

Last edited:
The pricing for these are much higher.FYI If you google there are reviews with the new 368,388 NAD amps with dynaudio spkrs.

Thanks to all. But considering my budget of around 50K, I am looking at:-
1) Yamaha RN 602 - All in one convenience for the new generation
2) Yamaha AS 500 - Used, as the product is discontinued AFAIK
3) Rega Brio - New or used (As I have heard the Emit 20 with Rega Elicit)
4) Audiolab 6000A - Touch above budget
5) Rotel 1552 power amp - Used.
Add Parasound to this list, if you can audition their offerings.
As a recent owner of their pre+pwr combo, they do many things right at very reasonable price point.
Cheers,
Raghu

Dynaudio is a power hungry speaker and is well matched with Luxman and Audio Research Amps
Sorry, not this model of Dynaaudio. Have you heard them or have any experience with them? They are very easy to run in fact. The older models and the higher series are a lil power hungry. These are the start of the Dyn's range.

The pricing for these are much higher.FYI If you google there are reviews with the new 368,388 NAD amps with dynaudio spkrs.
I do have the 356 which I could not check with the M20 yet. The 356 will handle them with ease. Pricing of both the Yamaha's are much below my budget. (Hope to get some feedback on that combo). Rega brio and the 6000A are a touch above for new. If the 356 works well then problem solved.

Add Parasound to this list, if you can audition their offerings.
As a recent owner of their pre+pwr combo, they do many things right at very reasonable price point.
Cheers,
Raghu
Any contacts for Parasound in India?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back