Eagles' 'Hotel California' Turned into "World's Largest Vinyl Record"

Ops,

This is becoming a tug Off war between Eagles fan vs Non-Eagles FAN :)

Good to Know that LP are regaining their Popularity and so We never feel shy to say "Still i use TT for my Music in a crowd which uses Ipods\Music Player\Mobiles Etc"

Though they they think we are not upto the Technical mark

I still cant understand the Term "Best Song", I have seen few Tacks which were Noise while hearing in Head-Phone and soothing when played in Complete set-up, So I am Not sure on what basis a Song is decided as the Best? On its Instruments? Vocals?Tunes? Recording?Highly Sold Over?Most dedicated song in FM? Most awarded Song in this Universe?Most requested song on stage? Or to be more update- Song which is has Max view\Likes in You tube?

Music is Music, and it differ from person to person to Person and everything is just a Vitiual here.If you like a song Enjoy it and its good to rec comment to your friends too No Harm.

Arguing whether the music is best or deserve surely doent not doing to rewrite the History:)

Thriller is the Most sold album in History
Kolaveri and Gangam style is Most viewed song in Y-tube
Rakamma Kaiya thattu was Most Played song in FM's(This could be obsolete Now)

But I have a friend who hate all the above- which was liked by People in this world, can i categorize him as Mutant?

The song which sung by a farmer during cultivation and without Music would sounds great at Early Morning, Can anyone compare the Music sense of A mom who sings Lullaby for her Kid?

So lets not ague, just Listen and enjoy

For personal listening ...well, it's what we buy our systems for! Personal taste rules, and nothing else can!

For auditioning, it is also important to play the music that one knows well, and will be playing at home, but the more critical the choice gets, then the more critical the music choice is. You can't judge sound stage with just one solo instrument any more than you can judge dynamics with bland or highly compressed music. It's a case of using the right tool for the job.

Ops,

This is becoming a tug Off war between Eagles fan vs Non-Eagles FAN :)

Good to Know that LP are regaining their Popularity and so We never feel shy to say "Still i use TT for my Music in a crowd which uses Ipods\Music Player\Mobiles Etc"

Though they they think we are not upto the Technical mark

I still cant understand the Term "Best Song", I have seen few Tacks which were Noise while hearing in Head-Phone and soothing when played in Complete set-up, So I am Not sure on what basis a Song is decided as the Best? On its Instruments? Vocals?Tunes? Recording?Highly Sold Over?Most dedicated song in FM? Most awarded Song in this Universe?Most requested song on stage? Or to be more update- Song which is has Max view\Likes in You tube?

Music is Music, and it differ from person to person to Person and everything is just a Vitiual here.If you like a song Enjoy it and its good to rec comment to your friends too No Harm.

Arguing whether the music is best or deserve surely doent not doing to rewrite the History:)

Thriller is the Most sold album in History
Kolaveri and Gangam style is Most viewed song in Y-tube
Rakamma Kaiya thattu was Most Played song in FM's(This could be obsolete Now)

But I have a friend who hate all the above- which was liked by People in this world, can i categorize him as Mutant?

The song which sung by a farmer during cultivation and without Music would sounds great at Early Morning, Can anyone compare the Music sense of A mom who sings Lullaby for her Kid?

So lets not ague, just Listen and enjoy

Don't get emotional. Most people's comments are made with tongue firmly in cheek :)
Music is a personal taste. No two ways about it. And it is dynamic. What I loved 20 years back, I may not tolerate now :)

Taking that thought and turning it on its head...

Forty years ago I loved The Grateful Dead.

I wonder what I would have thought then, if told that, forty years later, after leaving behind much that went with the Grateful-dead-loving lifestyle of the time, I would... love The Grateful Dead!

I read somewhere long ago that the real message of that song is heard when it is played in reverse. I don't even know how one does that.

Found on net

How to Play a Song Backwards: 8 Steps - wikiHow

1 Open your audio editing program on your PC or Mac.
Ad

2 Select the "Create New Session" option that the editing program will prompt you for.

3 Go to the "File" tab at the top of the screen in your audio editing program.

4 Select "Import Audio File" from the drop down menu.

5 Choose and highlight the song you would like to reverse in its audio file form. This is typically a .wav, .mp3, or .aac file.

6 Select "Convert File" after you have highlighted the song you would like to reverse. The editing program will then commence converting your chosen file into a readable audio waveform and place it onto an unused track within your open session. A track within an audio program session is simply one layer, or lane, in which audio files can be recorded, imported, duplicated, and of course edited.

7 Highlight the entire song file, or whichever portion you would like to hear reversed, within the track once the program has imported and converted the audio file.

8 Click the "Effects" tab and go to the "Reverse" option. The editing program will then automatically convert the song so it is reversed and you can listen to the song backwards. Simply click the "Play" button at the top of the audio editing program screen in order to do so.

The old way...

1. Place record on turntable.

2. Place stylus on record.

3. Rotate record backwards at best guess of right speed!

:eek:

There's a demo on the net of how a record played backwards is absolute rubbish --- but after one reads the suggestion of what's there, one can hear it clearly! I think it is part of that Ethan Winner audio workshop.

Last edited:
My, quite a bit of lively and steam-ulating conversation going on in this thread! :eek:hyeah:

Have a bit of my own say in this matter (about the Eagles album, that is), but since this is mainly an LP-related thread, I'll post my little say in the Music Section in the CD thread later....

I read somewhere long ago that the real message of that song is heard when it is played in reverse. I don't even know how one does that.

I heard the same a few years ago, and I was able to play it in reverse by some audio editing software. What came out was rubbish, just like the hoax.:)

However, if any anti-eagles guys have the Hotel California LP to donate, please ping me...Thad, are you listening?:D

Hee Hee :lol:

I don't think that I ever even had my own copy of Desperado, so I can't help you.

Living in shared houses and flats at the time, a lot of the music that I discovered/enjoyed in 70s belonged to someone else. As did the systems it was played on.

Hee Hee :lol:

I don't think that I ever even had my own copy of Desperado, so I can't help you.

Living in shared houses and flats at the time, a lot of the music that I discovered/enjoyed in 70s belonged to someone else. As did the systems it was played on.

I can relate those to audio cassettes. We, among friends used to share & exchange audio cassettes in the 90s!:)

Sadly, although I was blessed to live with a decent hifi and a good communal record collection, in the richest musical years (about 70-72) there was not tape. Even if I had been able to copy that stuff at the time, would it have lasted, and not been lost, over forty years? I doubt it!

Still, some did get reacquired in later decades :). And some of that, where vinyl, is still playable...

Hotel California for me always lost serious steam after the first three tracks. I find "The Long Run" a more consistent effort, though it misses the high mark of that HC opening trio.

Back