eARC issue in LG G1

eARC is available on HDMI 2.0 as well. The Marantz SR6013 supports eARC and of HDMI 2.0.

I faced somewhat of a similar issue with my G1 where initially, it was only sending 2 channel sound to the AVR from my PlayStation 5. I thought it was a cable issue so i ordered a certified HDMI 2.1. while that didn't solve the issue, it made the audio sound worse in two channel mode (which was strange since HDMI is HDMI right? Plus, it was an expensive cable.) Threw that into the bin and reverted to my el cheapo amazonbasics hdmi 2.0 cable and thereafter, enabling eARC and Digital Sound Output as Pass Through in the sound menu finally solved the issue for me.

Now, the chain is PlayStation 5>>HDMI 2.1 cable>>LG G1>>HDMI 2.0 cable>>Marantz SR6013.

I tried old HDMI cables as well and still it is not working. I have given up now and have connected my Nvidia Shield directly to AVR . Don't need passthrough anymore

I tried old HDMI cables as well and still it is not working. I have given up now and have connected my Nvidia Shield directly to AVR . Don't need passthrough anymore
That works too...

Was Not suggesting old HDMI cables at all... U

Unless you are looking for 4K 120hz or higher and/or VRR, HDMI 2.1 is not really required...

That works too...

Was Not suggesting old HDMI cables at all... U

Unless you are looking for 4K 120hz or higher and/or VRR, HDMI 2.1 is not really required...
I know. I dont need 120 HZ.

I just needed DOLBY ATMOS Passthrough. I was using Bluerigger 2.0 HDMI cable which has ethernet in it and should be okay to support HDMI passthrough

eARC is available on HDMI 2.0 as well. The Marantz SR6013 supports eARC and of HDMI 2.0.
I didn’t say it is not available in 2.0. E-arc is a feature that was developed for HDMI 2.1 and pushed in 2.0 as far as I know.

I was relying on the update which denon gave for eARC and was expecting it to work flawlessly , but now I also think that the eARC is buggy for 3400 and it was just a gimmick

I hope someone can confirm if they are also facing the same issue
eArc on samsung and Denon X3500 would result in a swap between center and right channel (lol) for me.
ARC would work fine.

Was eventually fixed after samsung released a firmware update

eArc on samsung and Denon X3500 would result in a swap between center and right channel (lol) for me.
ARC would work fine.

This is one of the weirdest bugs I have heard of. No. No. It is the weirdest!

This is one of the weirdest bugs I have heard of. No. No. It is the weirdest!
IK,R
Makes you wonder what sort of QC these guys do.
Wasn't an isolated issue for me either as seems to have affected other TVs and AVRs too

ARC would work fine.

Funny one. For me, turning on eARC gives weird stereo output

did you guys have any luck with this issue? I recently purchased an LG C1 OLED 77" and I am using Nvidia Shield Pro and Marantz SR8012, I tried everything I could but I am unable to get Atmos passthrough from the TV to the AVR

did you guys have any luck with this issue? I recently purchased an LG C1 OLED 77" and I am using Nvidia Shield Pro and Marantz SR8012, I tried everything I could but I am unable to get Atmos passthrough from the TV to the AVR
Try using bluerigger 8k hdmi cable and see if it works. I have a Denon 2700 that outputs atmos only with this cable. The ordinary hdmi cable does not get ATMOS effect.

enabling eARC and Digital Sound Output as Pass Through in the sound menu finally solved the issue for me.
Did you try this?

Thanks! I have added this to my wishlist.

The only equipment that i have which is capable of 4K 120hz is the playstation 5 which came with a 2.1 cable out of the box. For Atmos from my G1 to the AVR, my older cables have sufficed for now with the abovementioned settings.

Try using bluerigger 8k hdmi cable and see if it works. I have a Denon 2700 that outputs atmos only with this cable. The ordinary hdmi cable does not get ATMOS effect.
ok, I have ordered for a similar HDMI 2.1 cable, that is yet to arrive. Will try and see if it works with HDMI 2.1. If your Denon eARC or just ARC, although they shouldnt matter for the passthrough, just checking. Since my Marantz SR 8012 is ARC but can be upgraded to eARC with a firmware update

Did you try this?

Thanks! I have added this to my wishlist.

The only equipment that i have which is capable of 4K 120hz is the playstation 5 which came with a 2.1 cable out of the box. For Atmos from my G1 to the AVR, my older cables have sufficed for now with the abovementioned settings.
Yes, i did that too, but no luck.

Recently I got LG G1. I enabled the eARC option in TV and selected source in AVR as eArc. But there is no sound from AVR in this mode. I am using hdmi 2.1 cable . Is there any specific issue with LG G1 related to eARC? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Recently I got LG G1. I enabled the eARC option in TV and selected source in AVR as eArc. But there is no sound from AVR in this mode. I am using hdmi 2.1 cable . Is there any specific issue with LG G1 related to eARC? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Does the Marantz SR6006 support HDMI eARC?

my receiver is an older one that only supports ARC rather than eARC. On my G1, i get DD 5.1 properly from the TV to the receiver when the OTT supports it but strangely enough, when i play a Blu Ray through the AVR i get no pic or audio. If i connect the blu ray separately to the TV, the picture comes fine but the sound that goes back to the AVR is DD instead of TruHD.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back