Ebay Discount Trick, it works!

So are you saying the text you type and post is read by a human who decides to censor the feedback? or was the option to rate the seller with a thumbs down not present in the GUI?

I tried giving the negative feedback repeatedly for a couple of days. It is like trying to book a train ticket during peak season. I hope you are getting the analogy. You select the train, feed the passenger details, your credit card details and in the end, when the transaction is supposed to take place, the screen goes blank or some error code is displayed.

Each of these cycles is so time consuming and labour intensive that you get frustrated in doing it repeatedly.

After a few days, (3 days I guess) I realised the futility and left it.

This thread cannot be deceiving. You decide to buy on ebay. If you plan, there's a chance to get some discount on the listing price and it works. Period.

Subsequently there are policies which protect the buyers. Ebay does not cheat you, a seller on ebay might ( if you are not sensible). God thats the difference I am trying to convey.

Btw I received WD TV live from ebay seller in good condition. It took less than 5 min unpack and setup the connections and start watching videos. I was rendered speechless by the mind-blowing clarity!

BTW did ebay offered you better coupon ,or told about coming offers?

Again I am not sure why you were not able to enter a negative feedback.
Read my reply to Gobble's query.
Free lunch and Discount are not the same Capt.
Sure they are not the same but are two sides of the same coin.;)
Free lunch and Discount are not the same Capt.
The "catch" is that Ebay sellers have less overheads (meaning).
Santy, I'm sure neither me nor you know the business and revenue models of either the E-bay or the sellers. So I don't think there is any point in arguing why E-Bay is cheaper / costlier.
Bro, do you really follow what I mean in all my previous posts? I seriously doubt!

Still, if you want me to say Lam Rd is cheapest on earth for all products sold there, I would certainly agree with you if that can help in coming back to topic! :clapping: I also recommend every member of this forum to come down to Lam Rd, wherever they are, for all their future gadget purchases! It makes lot of sense according to hemantwaghe

Ebay does not cheat you, a seller on ebay might ( if you are not sensible). God thats the difference I am trying to convey.
I think this is a democratic forum and everyone is entitled for one's own opinion. If someone who does not toe your line of argument can make you so flustered, I don't know if there is a point of having a dialogue with you (at least) in this thread.

Last edited:
You started the thread " Ebay Discount Trick, it works!" ,so everyone understood it is "COST SAVING" thread.. but it is proved that inspite of coupouns cost is not at all saved on ebay..

Well its your assumption that "everyone" thought its a cost saving thread. The thread title clearly states that its an "ebay discount trick" whihc will work on Ebay prices. It would be the fault of the person if he misunderstand it as a cost saving thread.

There are some things which are available ONLY at Ebay. In my case it was screen protector for my phone which is not available in local market. In that case I have no option and can save few bucks through the discount trick.

Also you are comparing prices of ebay seller and lamington road. Not everyone lives near lamington road and there maybe some places where ebay is cost effective. HAVING SAID THAT I have generally found items on Ebay costlier than what they are in real market.

For example- When I bought WD TV it was available at 7200/- in market and on Ebay minimum price was 7600/- and went up to 9500/- for some sellers!!

Subsequently there are policies which protect the buyers. Ebay does not cheat you, a seller on ebay might ( if you are not sensible). God thats the difference I am trying to convey.

It seems there is a misunderstanding. Lets look at this in this way-

Captain buys product from ebay.

Seller send wrong product. (Seller cheated Captain.)

Captain tries again and again and cant leave negative feedback. (In that case Captain will believe that Ebay has ALSO cheated the customer since he cant leave negative feedback. )

So captain is somewhat right when he says ebay cheated him while you are also not wrong as Ebay doesnt cheat customers. Captain's case seem an "exceptional" one so he is right for his particular case while you are right for most of the cases.

Bro, have you ever tried to give negative feedback. Trust me, E-Bay servers are programmed to block how many ever times you try.

Hi captrajesh,

I know you had a bad experience but factually ebay does not program its servers to block negative feedback :) I have had one deal gone bad where the seller did not deliver from bombay, I got my money back through paisa pay, I tried leaving negative feedback, it got registered but the seller raised the issue in the ebay court (judged by ebay users) he wrote his side, I wrote mine and it was settled there.

I'd encourage you not to give up on ebay but the seller. Who knows what other stones you might find from a genuine guy eh? :)

regards

Last edited:
Ebay does not cheat you, a seller on ebay might ( if you are not sensible).

I think this is a democratic forum and everyone is entitled for one's own opinion. If someone who does not toe your line of argument can make you so flustered, I don't know if there is a point of having a dialogue with you (at least) in this thread.

Quote and Response- no correlation. I am new to this forum, but not to online forums. I have seen people when they run out of words, tend to get personal! I did not invite anyone to argue whether ebay is good or bad. This post is supposed to be useful to a small extent for those who regularly buy online.

Well its your assumption that "everyone" thought its a cost saving thread. The thread title clearly states that its an "ebay discount trick" whihc will work on Ebay prices. It would be the fault of the person if he misunderstand it as a cost saving thread.

Bang on. The scope of this thread ends right there..

BTW did ebay offered you better coupon ,or told about coming offers?

Hemant, they gave me fresh coupon of same %. I am told by the previous vendor that ebay will apply penalty for cancelling an order after accepting it, citing no stock as reason. I think, to compensate for the inconvenience caused, ebay should pass on that penalty amount to the buyer as discount coupon.

I'd encourage you not to give up on ebay but the seller.

Precisely.

Guys check this out: The first seller who had to cancel the order as it was out of stock, requested me not to give any negative feedback and that it would affect their business. They said they will send me a free gift if I did so. Not for the gift, but since it was a minor error (stock planning) and since they pleaded, I gave a positive feedback (though in remarks I mentioned the problem). Today I received a USB 2.0 card reader as free gift. If negative feedback doesn't work, I dont think anybody would waste money.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back