eBay || Lingoimpex Seller || My woes

maheeinfy

I wanted to share my experience with my recent *failed* purchase from ebay seller Lingoimpex.
I ordered a TV from this seller on ebay, about 10 days before my brother's wedding. Even after 4 days there was no update on my order, so i messaged the seller, and he didn't respond. I messaged him couple of times after that, and there was no response again.
Wedding came and went, and i didn't get to gift my bro.

After 20 days, ebay simply initiated a cancellation of my order. No penalty for seller and buyer has to wait and pray to get his money back. I guess they dont care that buyers put their hard earned money with them for all this time; and if things go sideways, we will just give it back, and close the case, without looking into what has gone wrong, and may be do something about it.
So, refund was "approved" by eBay the next day.
It has been 36 days till today, and i haven't got the refund.
I have been contacting ebay customer care almost everyday(like a crusader trying to occupy Jerusalem:D), and every day i get amazing promises that refund is going to process by the end of the day, in 6-8 days..blah blah...

This seller and then eBay(more so) has successfully made me feel like crap. I have been a eBay user from a long time now, but after this disaster, i'd think twice about purchasing from them.

If i ever get my money back, i will come and update this post. I hope that day comes soon

I wanted to share my experience with my recent *failed* purchase from ebay seller Lingoimpex.
I ordered a TV from this seller on ebay, about 10 days before my brother's wedding. Even after 4 days there was no update on my order, so i messaged the seller, and he didn't respond. I messaged him couple of times after that, and there was no response again.

After 20 days, ebay simply initiated a cancellation of my order. No penalty for seller and buyer has to wait and pray to get his money back. I guess they dont care that buyers put their hard earned money with them for all this time; and if things go sideways, we will just give it back, and close the case, without looking into what has gone wrong, and may be do something about it.
I have been contacting ebay customer care almost everyday(like a crusader trying to occupy Jerusalem:D), and every day i get amazing promises that refund is going to process by the end of the day, in 6-8 days..blah blah...

This seller and then eBay(more so) has successfully made me feel like crap. I have been a eBay user from a long time now, but after this disaster, i'd think twice about purchasing from them.

If i ever get my money back, i will come and update this post. I hope that day comes soon
Sorry about your bad experience. I hope you rated him appropriately on eBay and provided your feedback on your experience so that others do not land in the same situation as you. Nothing affects the ****heads as badly as negative feedback.

I guess you will get you money back.You should have pinged the supplier before you made your purchase.

There are other sellers like oneworldmart who respond properly.

I too having very bad experience with eBay. I purchased an Sub and it was delivered damaged. Since then I have raised a claim for refund, it is under investigation for close to 2 mons. Everytime I call they just give fake promises and I once in bluemoon I get an call from claims dept that they are still investigating.
Never ever ever ever buy a product with eBay, their after sales response is very pathetic. They do not have an escalation procedure, all I can do it call the cust care and shout at them, they fake us by saying they will revert back asap.
I am fooled and no sign of getting a refund. Such a shame for a global online retailer like eBay to treat their customers this way.

In my experience ebay is a hit and miss website, also more importantly, the seller rating and feedback is most important, i always start off reading the negative feedback and if i feel too many people have issues with the seller then i just stay away from the seller,however good the price may be. This holds true for the other websites also ( Amazon, flipkart, snapdeal ).

As a rule i try to avoid really expensive purchases on ebay, and items that have a seller warranty are a real No-No for me, im not willing to take the risk to save some money, the headache is just not worth it.

Folks who are disappointed with ebay after repeated follow-up, i would say, take through consumer forum. It works! Just try it. (You should have at-least some proof of follow-up's before taking them through consumer forum, but not mandatory though!)
I was a ebay user for couple of year's and did buy some stuff. I did have some issues and they were promptly acted upon. But may be for past 2-3 yrs, my ebay purchase is almost NIL. Down the year's i think the customer-focused turned away!! Sorry to hear this.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

Guess what! Its refund time!
Finally got my money back from eBay. eBay gods blessed me today!

For anyone looking to purchase from eBay, be careful with the seller you choose. There are definitely some crooks out there, like this one.
As with eBay, don't be fooled by the '100% Satisfaction or Refund/Replacement' banner on the site. If things don't go well with your purchase, dealing with eBay customer support to get your money back is not a cake walk. Customer care guys give robotic answers and they have no 2nd level escalation process. If they cant resolve it(trust me they cant, atleast until you talk(shout at) to them everyday for 10 days in a row), they have no idea what to do. You end up feeling helpless, and all you can do is wait and hope they will some day resolve your problem.

Now, not everyone might face a situation like this. I didn't know about such a thing until up to this transaction. Lesson learnt - If you must shop on eBay, choose seller carefully, talk to him before purchase.

Safe shopping out there!

For anyone looking to purchase from eBay, be careful with the seller you choose. There are definitely some crooks out there, like this one.
As with eBay, don't be fooled by the '100% Satisfaction or Refund/Replacement' banner on the site. If things don't go well with your purchase, dealing with eBay customer support to get your money back is not a cake walk. Customer care guys give robotic answers and they have no 2nd level escalation process. If they cant resolve it(trust me they cant, atleast until you talk(shout at) to them everyday for 10 days in a row), they have no idea what to do. You end up feeling helpless, and all you can do is wait and hope they will some day resolve your problem.

Now, not everyone might face a situation like this. I didn't know about such a thing until up to this transaction. Lesson learnt - If you must shop on eBay, choose seller carefully, talk to him before purchase

Glad that it worked out for you.Well you are not alone,I have had issues even with local sellers on ebay,for that matter all the Online stores in India are a big Joke,They'll happily take your money immediately and make you wait for the products only to cancel or not ship and give some lame excuse or cancel your order without any logical reasons (had faced multiple issues from Snapdeal,flipkart to the latest purplle) and worst part is the time taken to refund,while your money instantaneously to them,you'll have to wait and prey that it comes back !

I lost 5K in Naaptol,Inspite of contacting regularly for over a year and sending the entire year's bank statement to prove no money came from them,I just lost all will power to pursue and wrote it off !

Lesser said the better about the so called customer care,most of them companies hire some SSLC failed folks for 5-6K salary and shove them a handful of scripts to blurt out to all the callers,So no matter what you say,they just stick to the script and give standard reply which may not even apply to you.

Anwyays I go on and on,but goes without saying that one needs to extra careful when dealing online (SO MUCH FOR DIGITAL INDIA.....).

HI ,

You saved my day , i about to purchase 50 inch samsung led from this seller lingoimpex . Now i changed my mind

i had a good experience with ebay purchased a micro sd card 64 gb and got the local item instead it was not even 64 gb i contacted ebay and they refunded the amount within 3 days and didnt even asked to return the product :D

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back