Ebay offers - usa & india

srinisundar

Last edited:
Guys,

As predicted lot of BDP-X2 yesterday completed in the range of below $52 to 57, could have been a better deal for members who has bidded yesterday who are interested in Bluray players..

The trick is we have to select the bidding, so that a single vendor pour a lot of BD's players at a very minimal completion time of less than 1 to 2 minutes.

Keep watching.

Regards

Blu ray Players- Sony BDP-X2, which is capable of decoding all latest HD sounds ( equivalent to BDP-360).

This can be bidded till $60 + local shipping charges( $20) to your borderlinx / vpost address. If you have luck, will get it for $50 also..

eBay Store MonsterHotDeals: Search results for sony.

Found this info from a bidder

"
while you bid in ebay , better start early
obtain the max bidder position and then again give the 'maximum' u are willing to pay!Say 50$.

ebay automatically will bid for you , with increments.
If you win only u need to pay is the highest bid amount
not your max price.

Say last bidder went to 41$ and ebay placed bid of 41.5$ ,and you won.

Just pay 41.5$. "

can anyone confirm ..

"
obtain the max bidder position and then again give the 'maximum' u are willing to pay!Say 50$.

not your max price.

Just pay 41.5$. "

can anyone confirm ..

Its called Auto Bidding Kaushik. When you Bid you can also set a auto bid high value. So lets a product is at 2$, i can set my highest bid as 50$. So ebay will do a auto bid when someone bids more till it reaches 50$ after which it will send me a outbid notice and stop bidding.

Hi Kaushik,

U r right.. Mentioned details are right.. If you say you have in pocket only $50 to spend mark it.. Or else go for actual bidding( gambling)

Auto Bidding: Please note that this will work out for some items which will not have much competion.. Please note that all vendors want to take much cash for any product.. The automatic bidding what we set will be known only to Ebay & also SELLER... there are possibilities are there vendor/seller can rig this to make profit by creating another account like you..

Realtime bidding is an gambling and an thrill..If you want to have a product today and sometime if luck is there, will get it for cheaper price... Saturday and sundays shall be avoided for bidding in ebay usa, since it will be hotter. Open box items will be bidded equal to new ones.

"

not your max price.

Just pay 41.5$. "

can anyone confirm ..

Last edited:
MBR has explained it well.

But, I feel one should not use that approach. Atleast I don't. My strategy is to watch the listing regularly and bid for it only in the last few moments. When, we still have 1 minute to go, I put in an amount just to see if anyone else is also bidding at that time. The reason I do this is so that I do not bid for it earlier and increase the price unnecessarily. Having said that I have seen prices shoot up very quickly even in the last few minutes. There is no guarantee that you will win unless you put in a ridiculously high amount.

Some more tips:
1) Use the dynamic/live bid option (forgot what it is called)
2) Choose items that expire in the middle of the night for that country:D
3) Use a fast PC because Processor speed, Network Speed and ofcourse reflexes decides the winner many a time
4) Never cross your pre-meditated limit. Sometimes, the adrenalin rush of 'winning' can get you to bid higher than you initially thought. The item not being available in India can only make matters worse and get you to bid beyond your pre-set limit. A few dollars over that is fine though, but have an exit plan. If not today, you can buy them another day. Ebay USA is loaded with these things and if you are patient, you will come across it again.
5) Change your address to US address if the seller only ships with US. They might offer the item to the next highest bidder if he has an US address (ofcourse this is after consulting you)
6) In Ebay India, try to avoid auctions. Descriptions can be totally misleading. Buy only new stuff on ebay India.

More as I can remember:)

Happy Ebaying!!

Auto Bidding: Please note that this will work out for some items which will not have much competion.. Please note that all vendors want to take much cash for any product.. The automatic bidding what we set will be known only to Ebay & also SELLER... there are possibilities are there vendor/seller can rig this to make profit by creating another account like you..

I think the Seller will not be able to see or have access to the "maximum" bid amounts from the Buyers. Any experts - please confirm.

I think the Seller will not be able to see or have access to the "maximum" bid amounts from the Buyers. Any experts - please confirm.

NO. The seller does not have access to this info. In fact, the Maximum Bid feature is quite cool. It sort of intimidates most other bidders!

I have tried it on many occasions. The most recent being a set of 8 The Who Lp's which has a starting bid of $2 (no reserve). I put a max bid of & 24. I ended up paying just $14.50 + Shipping!:yahoo:

Hey, that is prohibited na! But I feel there is lot of retraction of bids in ebay.in compared to ebay.com.

Also, global easybuy has increased their rates multifold now.

There is a shop selling jamo and other speakers, though not sure about his service or anything eBay India: Jamo S406 Tower speaker Pair from AVO (item 140293383696 end time 03-Mar-2010 12:54:46 IST)

Cheers!

jamo s408 along with the centre and surround is available for 15xxx in rel digital.

NO. The seller does not have access to this info.
Yes, the seller does not have access to this info, but he gets an idea about how much interest there is. If there are many bids at an initial stage itself, the seller gets some kind of a relief in that many are interested. However, it also means that there is likely to be competition which is not good from the buyer point of view:).

one of my colleagues ordered an iphone from canada through ebay. it was sent to him via normal email. Now the packet that came is clearly tampered and it is empty. Office guys took the delivery so this guy is in a soup. Post office guys are being followed but I am sure they will pass on the blame to either sender, or the person who received it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back