ebay urgent help required

baijuxavior

Hi,

I bought an internal adsl modem from ebay for Rs. 439/- on 28/4/11. The item was received on 3/5/11. But on connecting it didn't work:sad:. I installed it correctly and i could see the modem entry in the device manager. But I couldn't access net. Using external modem it is possible. So i want to get a refund as it has a 7 days refund guarantee. I filed a claim in the ebaycourt:cool: and it showed come back and see after 7 days:mad:. Please advise whether i should return the item tomorrow itself (7 days ending) or wait for the ebay resolution.

Wait for the final resolution. Don't send it back unless the seller or eBay asks you to do so.

Also, do some trouble shooting on the modem. There is very little to go wrong in those devices. If it is showing up properly on the device manager, then maybe you have to configure it properly with your user-id & password to access the net.

See this guide for ActionTec PCI DSL modem.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. But I sent the item back to the seller.:sad: (I saw your message only today). Now lets wait and see.

Hi Baijuxavior,

Best practice is to contact the seller. Most sellers are so eager to maintain their star ratings and feedback that they are quite willing to work with you to resolve any issues. I've had guys call me up from a different city for purchases as low as 300 bucks! Most are cordial.

The ebay court takes a week or so cos members randomly chosen vote on the issue after reading both sides. In the court you would have been invited to post a message on why you're approaching the court and the seller posts a rebuttal and then the jury decides.

regards

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back