Economical LCD TVs thread

@ santhukp and marsillians and psychotropic. thanks - really, appreciate such thoughtful advice. :signthankspin:

@ subhash - i dont understand what's your basis for the statement regarding videocon? Have you had a bad experience yourself? Then please post the details. Else, please stay away from building brand perceptions amongst the rest of us. We are looking for an econmical alternative and videocon doesnt have a great brand name that we all know. This forum will benefit from specific detailed advice based on actual experience and not rhetoric that you seem to be posting again and again. :indifferent14:

Last edited:
@ santhukp and marsillians and psychotropic. thanks - really, appreciate such thoughtful advice. :signthankspin:

@ subhash - i dont understand what's your basis for the statement regarding videocon? Have you had a bad experience yourself? Then please post the details. Else, please stay away from building brand perceptions amongst the rest of us. We are looking for an econmical alternative and videocon doesnt have a great brand name that we all know. This forum will benefit from specific detailed advice based on actual experience and not rhetoric that you seem to be posting again and again. :indifferent14:

Hi Vibhav ,
What ever subhash mentioned is True.Stay away from indian brands like Onida,Videocon while buying Lcd Tv. These companies don't have the Passion for making a quality Product they are more interested in the Quantity aspect and Profit.They don't have their own technology what they are doing is simply buying the parts from China,taiwan and assembling in India.I was a strong admirer of Onida brands but now their products are just like chineese stuff.Its your hard earned money so be carefull.

hi, vaibhav, am jst giving you a friendly advice take it or leave it,i have had one hell of an experience with this JunkCON brand ,am telling you this coz once u invest your money u need to enjoy it with a peaceful mind, not have repeated headaches,buying any of the vCON products is inviting trouble, for one their after sale service is soo bad that i think it doesnt exist, last month i installed a split AC 1.6 ton for my AV room (rs 23k) went for it coz it was 5k cheaper then other brands, the first unit after installation was not in a working condition,nxt comes the second unit works well for 1week thts end of story since then it has been repaired 5 times jst to work for 2 days each time repaired , after 1 month comes the so called Vcon service people & blame the dealer saying wrong insatalation & reinstall , this time it works for 5 days----well thats it have had enough, i have removed the unit myself and dumped it at the shop purchased from and have installed a Hitachi which is jst fine,,-----jst think of the time wasted on this con product and am ABSOLUTELY sure thier other products are total junk!!!! thats an other reason they market thier products in other names too (Akai , Sansui ,Sensai etc etc ......) another ADVICE plzzz dont fall for thier cheaper prices ,its WISE to spend a little more and go for better brands (Panasonic , Samsung , pioneer , Sony, Philips) when it comes to TV/monitors-----------CHEERS and ALL the best

Totally agree with Subash...pay a lil more and get a good LCD. If on a limited budget/hurry get a 29 inch CRT for time being ( The panasonic tau 29 has the best PQ I have seen in CRTs)

buying any of the vCON products is inviting trouble,
Well, there's always two sides to a coin. You have had problems with their products, whereas I have never had any problems!

While Videocon products may not be top quality (how can they be at that price?), my experience over the years with their products have been extremely good. They have been reliable and functional.

A frost free refrigerator - going strong for 15+ years
A basic manual washing machine - going strong for 15+ years
A semi-automatic washing machine - perfect for almost 10 years
A small air cooler - ticking over peacefully for 10+ years
A 14" CRT TV - no issues for 11+ years
A 20" Integra LCD - no issues 1.5 years

So I would not trash Videocon completely. Of course, fit and finish etc may not be like the top brands. But they do their job at the given price.

Or maybe I've been lucky and the law of averages have not caught up with me?? :)

My take buy from the companies who make panel and do R&D
Sony ( I do not think they still make panel but great R&D)
Samsung
LG
Philips
Panasonic
Sharp
Hitachi
Toshiba

any additions...??

Guys
INR 30K (fixed) for LG 37 inch 1080p FULL HD (i'm excited hence the caps) - TV MRP is 79K - inaugural offer for only one day @ triton mall, Jaipur !! It's in the paper today :yahoo:
What do you say? I checked other offers online and minimum is 55k. Do you think this is genuine?
cheers!
Vaibhav

Last edited:
Guys
INR 30K (fixed) for LG 37 inch 1080p FULL HD (i'm excited hence the caps) - TV MRP is 79K - inaugural offer for only one day @ triton mall, Jaipur !! It's in the paper today :yahoo:
What do you say? I checked other offers online and minimum is 55k. Do you think this is genuine?
cheers!
Vaibhav

Is it 37LG30R or 37LG53FR ?

You cannot get 37LG53R below 45k..
Not sure of the other one..

Eitherways 37" @ 30k is a good offer.

bummer - its hd ready and limited offer ... :( apparently they had it in 3 places today - hypercity mall in malad, vashi and jaipur. anyways ... its gone now.
thanks again.

Any advice on a 22 inch lcd i saw a review of samsung LA22A480 AT tech2.Com they say its good what about sony t series is it any good

jimm ????? sony ericsson k790i

????????????? ??????????.
????????? ?? ??????????? ????????????????? ??? ????? ?? ??????????????????.
???????????????? ?????? ????????? ????????????? ?? ????????.
???????? ????????????? ???????, ????????????????? ???????? ?????????????????????????, ? ????? ????????????????? ?????????? ?? ????????? ???????????? ??????????? ??????????????????.
?? ??????? ???????? ??????? ???? ?????????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ??????????????? ???? ???????????????????????? ???????????.

?????????? jimm ????? ????????? 6303
?????????? ????????????? jimm 5
jimm ????? nokia 3120 classic
?????????? jimm ????? samsung corby
jimm nfs

Re: jimm ????? sony ericsson k790i

????????????? ??????????.
????????? ?? ??????????? ????????????????? ??? ????? ?? ??????????????????.
???????????????? ?????? ????????? ????????????? ?? ????????.
???????? ????????????? ???????, ????????????????? ???????? ?????????????????????????, ? ????? ????????????????? ?????????? ?? ????????? ???????????? ??????????? ??????????????????.
?? ??????? ???????? ??????? ???? ?????????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ??????????????? ???? ???????????????????????? ???????????.

?????????? jimm ????? ????????? 6303
?????????? ????????????? jimm 5
jimm ????? nokia 3120 classic
?????????? jimm ????? samsung corby
jimm nfs

Jing Bang Fung Fang Few !!! Cant understand what he has wrote.

Any body know universal remote control for this tv
I tried 0741 2204 5434 1393 11363 all not working
TV remote control
Model
G hanzs TV made in china
LCD110-2006 HK
SN#1LA045D682D400-189
Remote control required

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back