Economical Voltage Window Protector and Spike Guard

kaushik

How about a reliable over/under voltage protector for av and other appliances ..!

well here it is ...:)Recently i have purchased "Su-kam Power Dock"

It has over voltage /under voltage,surge,powerline spark,frequency protection...huh!

some features:
ON-DELAY-RELAY:
The device is equipped with 3-60sec delayed start.It scans the line and when it is proper it will supply power to the appliance.;
ULTRA_FAST_SWITCHING:
relay is ultrafast ,menufacturer recommends it to use with AV equipments,laptop,motor etc..you can check the features here

>>> SU-KAM <<<Products

disclosure:i dont have any commercial interest with su-kam products

COST: JUST LIKE A CD COSTS.... ask local dealers

Last edited:
amol12, i saw that ebay link long before ,
the purchase at ebay 250+250 postage =500 Rs

add the unreliability...of ebay india

here for bangalore 350Rs is a great price [..:D less than CD price sometime ] ..i bought at Radient systems,indiranagar, do a google for the address

Last edited:
kaushik

how much does that cost.

I thought my ups took care of that with its fuse and all that.

dont remain with the false UPS assurance,

recently my friend lost his full system after a high voltage attack ...
he useda a so called leading APC UPS :)

also i have seen many people loosing full systems even using other UPS like Elnova

Hi Kaushik,
Thank you for the information. My worry is how much will it change the sound of the system...

I have seen my APC UPS do it and also a simple surge protector from MX (~750 INR) do it. The amp seems happy only when I connect it directly to the power supply (which is not a very good idea).

-saikat.

Hi Kaushik,
Thank you for the information. My worry is how much will it change the sound of the system...

I have seen my APC UPS do it and also a simple surge protector from MX (~750 INR) do it. The amp seems happy only when I connect it directly to the power supply (which is not a very good idea).

-saikat.
It may add a small coloration if the mains is through ant solid-state relay etc.
but i have heard a click sound of a fast relay while the unit powers up the system,so the best expected connection [directly connected to mains]may be here ...i suggest you try the unit once!

however ,so far i have not compared with direct mains sound ,but it sounded good .
yes it is believed :confused: AMP will be happy to sing only on direct mains connection,still a debate topic as we have seen in this thread :
http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-accessories/1144-suggest-voltage-stabilizer.html#post7899

Could it be because this sukam one seems to be 6amps only and it is limiting the current your amp can draw from the power supply?
There is another one rated for 16A. That might be more suitable.

regards

Hi Kaushik,

-saikat.

nope !

6A current at 230v amounts more than 1.1KVA .. i hope i am not wrong ...:p

No AMP consumes such huge power as ...1Kva made for home audio ....

Mains coloration of sound is a by product of some other factor ..i request ....experts to add some data hare !

Kaushik

Last edited:
How is it different from buikly voltage stabilizers that we use with ACs? If I use this, do I need a stabilizer for AC or other equipment?

regards

Yes friends, anm put it right, its so much and too technical to digest unlike speakers, components and stuff!!!

Cannot any 1 or 2 components suffice to protect like surge protector and /or ups as a final thing?

being a newbie is common, when i joined this forum i was confused too..slowly i started to know the things ... n now atleast i can anlyse my
requirements and make purchase decisions effectively ...

There are many good threads on power conditioning in this forum if any one is confused please go through it , you can post your queries as well.... i am sure the experienced people will help you out :)

one is this:
http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-accessories/1144-suggest-voltage-stabilizer.html

The world of audio video equipment is vast and so is the power devices ,

Because these AV equipments are very sensitive to the power supply ...

advanced users prefer to include power conditioning device to get the best performance ,

a general user atleast will add a protector so that the
equipment dont end up in ash due to adverse power conditions .....
here comes one more device called a spike guard ...during lightning huge surge may be carried by the supply line that will by pass UPS systems,AVRs [w/o spike guard]
...and the list goes on and on ...

so list your requirements , gather the knowledge ,check ur budget ..go shopping! itz all that simple !

Regarding all-in-one there may be one that does it all upto 90% ! ... but i have not came across :mad:.. if it is there it will cost earth may be 40K+ so it all depends on your budget ,requirements etc...

hello to everyone!
i am using a very good surge protection system i bought from audio dynamics (audiodynamicsindia.com) some time back. they have 2 varieties, one costing around 5600 and the other around 17500. the company gives 100% damage cost if any equipment connected to the surge protection system are damaged.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back