Elac 5.1 system @29000??

Keep using the system till it is no longer usable.

Then make baby steps into this rabbit hole. Slowly empty your bank balance, jeopardize your marriage, and fight a futile battle here with others like the most of us on how great your choice of speakers/ amp/ avr was, or how you've heard new instruments in a song that wasn't existing (heard) in the track till you listened to this new pair of speakers with the new amp with brand new capacitors.

Then you upgrade again, then again, then again. Venture into DIY, 'Contribute' to our classifieds section, lose good friends here over the quality of cables and bass traps.

You learn, unlearn, then learn, and unlearn. Finally you'll give up and settle for a system. One day you'll disappear from here.

After 10 years of your disappearance, someone will reply to your decade old post suggesting new set of speakers :p. And we will promptly remind them that the beloved OP is on vacation.

Welcome to HiFiVision, my friend. Enjoy your stay :)

PS: I apologise if the post offended anyone. It was just a rant.
Spot on @Silencer BULL's EYE!

I'm not perfectly happy - the speakers are unrepairable and vibrate sometimes at very high volumes or unclear track quality - however they are alright for my use and I'm generally pleased with the sound. Possibly I don't know better - this is one of the better systems that I have heard. Maybe as I go on in my journey I'll be less pleased with this. But for now its okay.....

Maybe it makes sense to update the Front speakers to Bookshelf or perhaps change all 5 speakers to Bookshelf or Satellite of a different brand. There are many good ones out there but as new may cost on higher side. It may make sense to purchase pre owned ..again depending on who is selling whether dealer or individual. Accordingly take a call. For example, within my location in Mumbai there are decent Bookshelf speakers available over olx, you can search and pick something which is pocket friendly if you want to upgrade.

You will experience that with most satellite speakers due to their plastic enclosures.

One option you can explore is to upgrade your front channel speakers to efficient bookshelves and move the current HK ones to the unused channel to bring your setup back to 7.1. The fronts are the ones that would be used mostly for Stereo listening and will bring about an improvement.

MaSh
One thing I noticed is that logic 7 mein, the center speaker is used a lottt

One thing I noticed is that logic 7 mein, the center speaker is used a lottt
In any multi channel system, if there is a Center speaker, then everything that happens on the screen, comes out of the center speaker. Hence center is The most important speaker.

MaSh

Have the Cinema with Marantz Nr10. Bought it after auditioning several compact 5.1 systems.
Good for small rooms. Music quality is good as well...if u listen in stereo mode. But cannot compare it with a Bookshelf or a tower stereo system as they will have more depth and better soundstage.
Dialogues are decent but at one point i was thinking of upgrading it but dropped it out. You will not get rocked or blown away but the system works decently well.
I am sticking with it. For now :)

Update: I got Jamo 802 speakers as bookshelf's for my L & R. That got rid of the annoying rattle in the plastic Harman Kardon speakers which comes up at high volumes.
So, I listen to high volumes in 2.1channel and if I want to listen at low volumes then all 7.1 channels.

Then make baby steps into this rabbit hole. Slowly empty your bank balance, jeopardize your marriage, and fight a futile battle here with others like the most of us on how great your choice of speakers/ amp/ avr was, or how you've heard new instruments in a song that wasn't existing (heard) in the track till you listened to this new pair of speakers with the new amp with brand new capacitors.

Then you upgrade again, then again, then again. Venture into DIY, 'Contribute' to our classifieds section, lose good friends here over the quality of cables and bass traps.

You learn, unlearn, then learn, and unlearn. Finally you'll give up and settle for a system. One day you'll disappear from here.

After 10 years of your disappearance, someone will reply to your decade old post suggesting new set of speakers :p. And we will promptly remind them that the beloved OP is on vacation.

Lol

🤣

Update: I got Jamo 802 speakers as bookshelf's for my L & R. That got rid of the annoying rattle in the plastic Harman Kardon speakers which comes up at high volumes.
So, I listen to high volumes in 2.1channel and if I want to listen at low volumes then all 7.1 channels.
Congratulations. Did they also improve the sound quality? So you are planning to upgrade the rest of the speakers too in future?

MaSh

Congratulations. Did they also improve the sound quality? So you are planning to upgrade the rest of the speakers too in future?

MaSh
Hi man - no...possibly with SB Acoustics pair when I can afford them or build them. Rest of the speakers will remain Harman since I don't have too much space in my room.
They did improve sound quality since they got rid of the rattle at higher volumes which was really messing up Harman speakers sound quality.
But they are good at best. S 60 - Studio 60 . Not exceptional.
=================================================================================================
In other news, my parents Onkyo RT 590 - 10 y.o home theatre conked off, so I replaced it with a Harman 3550 AVR.
On the same 7.1 Onkyo speakers, the Harman Kardon Amplifier sounds better - more muscly? can hear minor variations better...
Sound quality is definitely better. Says a lot about the older AVR's with their heavy transformers, that they DO PROCESS sound better than newer mid ranged ones.
Harman Kardon, definitely made some good AVRs and Amplifiers. High End stuff.
Go High current capability.
Seems like Amplifiers need to be judged by their..............wait for it.........................................................................WEIGHT!!
Not power output.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back