ELAC B6 vs Boston A26 vs Wharfedale Diamond 220

Elac F5 price is Rs. 62,500/-
Elac B5 price is Rs. 25,500/-

Dealers in Pune ???

I guess there's some dealer in Deccan, pune who's doing Elac.

Elacs are Elacs, and wharf are wharf 2 different worlds. One has clear Imaging, and one is good for laidback warm long listening. So cant compare its your Ears that makes the difference. Audition is a must. I have Elacs B5 debut rarely used but they are good. Wharf lacs bass punch.

I have a pair of A26s
They are not particularly great but not bad for the price.
The bass response is a tad overdone and the mids and highs are kind of flat.

Nonetheless they are good speakers for lounging around with some music playing in the background or for any other purpose for that matter - especially because they have what I would term as a soft sound (or warm as the audiophiles would call it)

I have tested the B6 and they are overall better speakers in every way - I would pick the B6 if this is for your primary setup
I would pick the A26 if the primary use case is background playback

I recently auditioned Elac Debut and Debut 2.0 among others paired with Marantz NR1509. I think Elacs need more power for optimal performance compared to most other similar bookshelves. The 50W output of Marantz sure wasn't enough and they sounded muffled. Elacs must be great but only when coupled with the right amp or receiver. I eventually went with Q Acoustics Concept 20. They sound like they were dipped in honey and coated with sugar

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back