Elac FS127 thread

bhooshaniyer

My stereo chain looks more complete than it has ever been. I worked the options very patiently waiting for the right optimum equipments to be available at the right price. Due to the good guidance i got, i did not have to throw the kitchen sink at the problem to see what sticks. Instead I could build a well matched and optimum setup to extract every inch out of each component. Upgrades from here on will definitely provide incremental quality but the distortion free, scary powerful, balanced, deep, airy, 3d and super tight bass with great decay is already here. I wish this happiness for each one of you in your journey.

Dac-streamer: Boss 2
Pre: Schiit Lyr with 3 different tubes
Power amp: Discrete Dynamics class ab 120/160Watts pa built by Aniket Sharma(highly recommend this)
Avr: onkyo Tx-NR686
Amp switch: Specialty-Av 2-way amp switch.
Software: qobuz/volumio/roon all mixed into boss2
Speakers: immensely talented Elac FS127 120watts speakers 89db 4ohm speakers (they sparkle under the control of the powerful DD poweramp!)

Video of the setup below.

Thanks to generous folks who helped me with their time and knowledge the past two years here for both headphones and stereo and audio science in general. I started my stereo audio journey 20 years back and somewhere along the way got comfortable with avr and lost the way. Out of happenstance someone introduced me to this group and my journey restarted. A sea of changes had happened since I started in terms of networked players, external dacs, rpi stuff, complicated software players etc but the heart remained the same- great speakers, clean power and clear source. Be it stereo or headphones these basics don't change. After a lot of analysis and experimenting my stereo setup is complete, modest as it is... Its immensely satisfying to complete something that started 20 years back. Special thanks to the indian audiophile forum members in fb for helping me understand audio chain basics better folks always generous with their time, material and selfless in sharing their immense knowledge. Their detailed posts have helped me understand audio science. Pls if you are interacting with senior audiophiles pls use their time wisely and do your homework. Gratitude.

My stereo chain looks more complete than it has ever been. I worked the options very patiently waiting for the right optimum equipments to be available at the right price. Due to the good guidance i got, i did not have to throw the kitchen sink at the problem to see what sticks. Instead I could build a well matched and optimum setup to extract every inch out of each component. Upgrades from here on will definitely provide incremental quality but the distortion free, scary powerful, balanced, deep, airy, 3d and super tight bass with great decay is already here. I wish this happiness for each one of you in your journey.

Dac-streamer: Boss 2
Pre: Schiit Lyr with 3 different tubes
Power amp: Discrete Dynamics class ab 120/160Watts pa built by Aniket Sharma(highly recommend this)
Avr: onkyo Tx-NR686
Amp switch: Specialty-Av 2-way amp switch.
Software: qobuz/volumio/roon all mixed into boss2
Speakers: immensely talented Elac FS127 120watts speakers 89db 4ohm speakers (they sparkle under the control of the powerful DD poweramp!)

Video of the setup below.

Thanks to generous folks who helped me with their time and knowledge the past two years here for both headphones and stereo and audio science in general. I started my stereo audio journey 20 years back and somewhere along the way got comfortable with avr and lost the way. Out of happenstance someone introduced me to this group and my journey restarted. A sea of changes had happened since I started in terms of networked players, external dacs, rpi stuff, complicated software players etc but the heart remained the same- great speakers, clean power and clear source. Be it stereo or headphones these basics don't change. After a lot of analysis and experimenting my stereo setup is complete, modest as it is... Its immensely satisfying to complete something that started 20 years back. Special thanks to the indian audiophile forum members in fb for helping me understand audio chain basics better folks always generous with their time, material and selfless in sharing their immense knowledge. Their detailed posts have helped me understand audio science. Pls if you are interacting with senior audiophiles pls use their time wisely and do your homework. Gratitude.
Congratulations on your setup. Please share videos or pics of your setup.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back