ELAC SUB 111.2 ESP subwoofer ?

Crusado

Hi friends,
Please share your experience about this sub woofer - ELAC SUB 111.2 ESP.
Actually it's available on snapdeal.com for 19,000/-. Is it a good deal ?

My budget is ~20k and i was initially thinking about Polk PSW110.

Please suggest if i can get any other good budget sub woofer, for the same price range.

So you want to add a sub woofer to your setup... what are your mains and partnering electronics?

Many audiophiles swear by sub woofer-less speakers. What is more important to you? Frequency response & bass or stereo image and phase?
If youre like me, you may be better off just investing in mains that have substantial bass extension of their own.
Some speakers lines have matched sub woofers which integrate well... matching speakers with subs designed for them will usually produce the best results. Mixing and matching speaker series will take a lot more tweaking and knowledge. Crossover points may not line up, tonality may not be consistent, etc.
Phase coherence with a sub is very important. High-end cross-overs may have the ability to tweak the phase from 0 to 180 degrees, allowing you to find the point of greatest coherence.
When using third-party subs with off-brand mains, consider finding something that has a continuously variable phase adjustment.

Ideally a sub addition should simply sound like your original sub-less setup but with better low-end extension.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back