Emotiva BasX S10

So a foot or two in front of the port .. rest of the three sides can be closer??
Ideally a foot on both sides. Speakers, subwoofers near the wall tend to boom something not desirable, try and experiment

Today had demo of Yamaha sw300 and sw315.
Not impressed with sw300.. at 75% volume there was noise.. compareitivly 315 sounded better. But don't want to purchase that.. now my only hope is emotiva s10.. but I m not able to find any place to demo it..
How was the performance at 50-60% volume. The sw 300 does have good reviews and goes all the way till 20 HZ. For a small to medium sized room or atleast for my room 50% volume should be fine. I am planning to get the sw 300 so if you can give a detailed review that will be helpful

Same here @Love4sound , I also wanted to buy Yamaha sw300, but it is not available for demo here in Bangalore. Can @iajay review it based on his audition? Please
I enquired a lot but couldn’t find a demo so I ended up getting the BIC America pl200-ii after demo. The sub is excellent but at extreme lows it produces port and cabin noise. To be exact on the type of noise at first I thought the noise was due to vibrations on my glass windows and after so much testing I finally stood near the sub and the noise was coming from the port nd sub cabin. Apart from this the sub is mind blowing in performance

Nobody is giving demo of Yamaha ns-sw300 in Bangalore, thinking of other options now.
Thanks for the response.

@zeeya and @Love4sound
Sorry for the delayed reply, actually I thought of reply, but did not have anything substantial to tell. I took the demo at Sahakar electronics, Chembur, Mumbai. It was a very short demo and did not test the two subs fully, so cant comment :(
When I was looking for SUB jamsticks (banglore) had SW300
https://www.jamsticks.com/collections/powered-subwoofers
Dont see it now though.. Anyways you can ask

Thanks @iajay for your response...
You said you took the demo of SW300, what are your first impressions? Which one did you buy finally?

See my previous reply about first impressions, I finally purchased Bic pl200 ii
I purchased BIC America pl200-ii after demo. The sub is excellent but at extreme lows it produces port and cabin noise. To be exact on the type of noise at first I thought the noise was due to vibrations on my glass windows and after so much testing I finally stood near the sub and the noise was coming from the port nd sub cabin. Apart from this the sub is mind blowing in performance. I also checked in so many forums where other users mentioned the same problem. @iajay

Last edited:
Ok, I am going for demo of SW100 today, let me decide on SW300 after that. But I someway didn't liked the look of BIC.

Ok, I am going for demo of SW100 today, let me decide on SW300 after that. But I someway didn't liked the look of BIC.
Have a demo nd don’t decide. Check the bic pl200-ii also once. U can always wait nd save money nd get a sub with 100% satisfaction. Samples to test the sub. Pacific rim first part. Play the introduction scene al the way till the yager is deployed. Edge of tomorrow in the 20th sec u have a long 10 secs low frequency effects

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back