Emotiva BasX S10

One can't really audition a subwoofer like one can, a regular speaker. Too many variables, sources,room acoustics. U can't decide a sub on an audition unless u r comparing a few of them with other variables kept constant.

One can't really audition a subwoofer like one can, a regular speaker. Too many variables, sources,room acoustics. U can't decide a sub on an audition unless u r comparing a few of them with other variables kept constant.
hmmm... so you think I should decide based on people views and ofcourse the cost factor :) Any ways I am taking audition of yamaha and BIC.. lets see how it goes

Cost factor being important.

50k buy a svs.
30-40k buy an emotiva or a bic.
20k buy a taga.

There are so so many brands today in the market with it being so competitive. Buy what suits Ur budget,what looks good in your home and what sounds good to you.

Got audition of Bic pl200 ii.. I must say it is a great sub.. but only one thing I noticed is that it is huge in size.. so going by that even the emotiva s12 should be equally huge.. so now a new factor of compactness comes in

Today had demo of Yamaha sw300 and sw315.
Not impressed with sw300.. at 75% volume there was noise.. compareitivly 315 sounded better. But don't want to purchase that.. now my only hope is emotiva s10.. but I m not able to find any place to demo it..

I agree.. but worried about the size.. it is huge.. the depth is too big for me.. can I keep it parallel to the wall i.e. sideways

Yes its big in size, if you need compact size ,one of the fm here purchased cambridge audio minx x301, he is stated that very satisfied with the performance of minx 301

This one looks out of my budget.. is the emotiva basX s10 comparatively smaller.. if sudition is not available should I go for a blind purchase

Can I keep the pl200 parallel to the wall.. so instead of pointing the listener the sub will point sideways

pl200 is back ported so need some space between the wall and sub, you can experiment the sub with various places and positions for getting ultimate sweet spot..

I auditioned the pl200 ii which has 2 front ports..if I keep the sub facing the listener then it comes in the way due to bigger depth. . So can I change direction of the sub and keep the sub parallel to wall. So now the port will face sideways ..

So a foot or two in front of the port .. rest of the three sides can be closer??

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back