Emotiva BasX S10

Honestly, the tone of the sub doesn't do well with the music as it does with movies and I feel there's not much we could expect here at this price point and I don't listen music at high volume levels as it kills my listening interest but again its my personal preference. If I had a floorstanders i would set them to large and set subwoofer to NO and reduce the cross over frequency to 80hz or below to listen music in 2 stereo mode.
But if you're expecting earthshaking bass lines from taga as in from the CAR subwoofers, then it's simply not possible and it cannot be compared for various reasons. If you want too much punch go for biggers subs 200 + watts (continous rms power) there's only few of them.
I wonder what kind of music you listen to that you're complaining the subwoofer? What's your settings in AVR? Are you using Neo Cinema for listening music? you should use music associated sound program..
Even i do the same when listen to music i use direst mode for 2ch stereo, floor standing speakers is kept as large always so i don't change it, i don't even turn on my sub when i listen to music /melodies but sometimes when i listen to hip hop i feel the beats are missing you remember the good old days powerhouse system or the DJ systems you get for 15 to 20k from Sony & LG? that kind of beat is missing for music i am just trying to figure out what can i do so that i can enjoy the same kind of sound from my system hence i needed an help and i was thinking if these BasX S10 could fulfill my need coz it has 200watts of continuous power and some reviews says it has that tight bass, i know the Yamaha NS-SW300 is the best one but we don't get it here, if we get it would be very expensive which i can not afford, or else as per your saying if i've to go for 12" sub then i'll have to look for Bic PL-200 which also have good reviews but i am wondering since its bit powerful will it sync well with my Taga Tav 506 v.2 for now.

Hi

The total size of the space where I use the PL200 is 200 sq ft......honestly an overkill for the place, but if used at appropriate levels, you can really enjoy some good bass and low frequencies.....since it is ported ....not much rumble effect...just smooth clear bass....

Hi

The total size of the space where I use the PL200 is 200 sq ft......honestly an overkill for the place, but if used at appropriate levels, you can really enjoy some good bass and low frequencies.....since it is ported ....not much rumble effect...just smooth clear bass....
Sounds good but are you getting enough Punch for music? hope you understood what i am looking for and what is your speaker setup?

but sometimes when i listen to hip hop i feel the beats are missing you remember the good old days powerhouse system or the DJ systems you get for 15 to 20k from Sony & LG? that kind of beat is missing for music i am just trying to figure out what can i do so that i can enjoy the same kind of sound from my system hence i needed an help and i was thinking if these BasX S10 could fulfill my need coz it has 200watts of continuous power and some reviews says it has that tight bass.

It is the "mid bass" punch you have explained. I can confirm in BasX s12 with less than 50% vol setting itself there is enough punch. It depends on the type of music you are playing.

It is the "mid bass" punch you have explained. I can confirm in BasX s12 with less than 50% vol setting itself there is enough punch. It depends on the type of music you are playing.
Based on your BasX S12 experience do you think S10 should be good enough for me? did you get to audition S10 when you picked up S12?

I use BASX 10 in a 10by 15 room. Since I had connected through Emotiva TA 100 sub out, the volume of the sub increases with increase in Emotiva volume control. I keep the volume of sub at around 75% so that the emotiva TA 100 volume is kept low. It is more than enough for the room.

The bass is NOT the kind of bass you get from car subwoofers. It has punch depending on the kind of recording. i have noticed variation in bass quality depending on the music played. Description like tight,soft, heavy etc come to mind. Even at high volumes it will not force you to lower the volume but still is enjoyable. It is more of a sober kind of bass rather than DJ kind of bass.

I use BASX 10 in a 10by 15 room. Since I had connected through Emotiva TA 100 sub out, the volume of the sub increases with increase in Emotiva volume control. I keep the volume of sub at around 75% so that the emotiva TA 100 volume is kept low. It is more than enough for the room.

The bass is NOT the kind of bass you get from car subwoofers. It has punch depending on the kind of recording. i have noticed variation in bass quality depending on the music played. Description like tight,soft, heavy etc come to mind. Even at high volumes it will not force you to lower the volume but still is enjoyable. It is more of a sober kind of bass rather than DJ kind of bass.
Thanks for your input i think then it is same as my TSW120 which has same frequency response as well as same kind of port at the lower back of the sub, even TSW120 does the same Job, yours should sound little louder because of the higher wattage, Then I've to look for the sub which could go below 25Hz with 200+ wattage of continuous power.

@sunilkm you are lucky enough to get a great deal i wish if i also could get one for the same price tag but there seems to be no stock now:(

Even i do the same when listen to music i use direst mode for 2ch stereo, floor standing speakers is kept as large always so i don't change it, i don't even turn on my sub when i listen to music /melodies but sometimes when i listen to hip hop i feel the beats are missing you remember the good old days powerhouse system or the DJ systems you get for 15 to 20k from Sony & LG? that kind of beat is missing for music i am just trying to figure out what can i do so that i can enjoy the same kind of sound from my system hence i needed an help and i was thinking if these BasX S10 could fulfill my need coz it has 200watts of continuous power and some reviews says it has that tight bass, i know the Yamaha NS-SW300 is the best one but we don't get it here, if we get it would be very expensive which i can not afford, or else as per your saying if i've to go for 12" sub then i'll have to look for Bic PL-200 which also have good reviews but i am wondering since its bit powerful will it sync well with my Taga Tav 506 v.2 for now.

It should blend well if the level of Bass on the sub matches the loudness from the speakers. In simple terms, do not turn up sub's volume too high or too low.. have someone raise the volume knob from 0 as you listen from the main position until the loudness of the speakers matches the sub.

It should blend well if the level of Bass on the sub matches the loudness from the speakers. In simple terms, do not turn up sub's volume too high or too low.. have someone raise the volume knob from 0 as you listen from the main position until the loudness of the speakers matches the sub.
I've no doubt it blends very well with my speakers as i mentioned early it sounds good for movies but i don't know why, i am not satisfied with the music listening (only for hip hops) i feel somthing is missing, the bass is smooth but i think for party like music you should feel it on your check may be the power and frequency matters, not sure if others also feel the same or they have diff opinion on my take.

Thanks for your input i think then it is same as my TSW120 which has same frequency response as well as same kind of port at the lower back of the sub, even TSW120 does the same Job, yours should sound little louder because of the higher wattage, Then I've to look for the sub which could go below 25Hz with 200+ wattage of continuous power.
Technicality like 28Hz or 25 Hz aside, the placement and the kind of music you play will decide the bass depth and sound pressure levels you get. Many songs donot contain the kind of low frequency like 25 Hz etc which you want to hear. So far most songs 28 Hz is sufficient. It also depends whether the company claims are true. Emotiva appears to state correct specs going by reviews. Claimed Specs are always open to challenge. Listening is the only option as feedback by others are their perception. Moreover we cannot recreate the demo listening room experience in our rooms when operating in budget. better focus in quality of bass like whether you can differentiate notes or the bass sounds almost same or diffused etc.

I think you got it wrong . In most of the music there is nothing below 25Hz which will give you the thump because this is low end of the freq response. It will help in deep bass or LFE for movies. Most of the music thump comes from mid bass range ( something like > 50Hz ??. Not sure. ).

I think you got it wrong . In most of the music there is nothing below 25Hz which will give you the thump because this is low end of the freq response. It will help in deep bass or LFE for movies. Most of the music thump comes from mid bass range ( something like > 50Hz ??. Not sure. ).
So i think it depends on the sub how tight bass it can produce, then the only option left is i've to audition and decide which sub sounds better for my ear!

Music typically outputs 45hz to 50hz of bass....in some cases even 30hz - 35hz......anything below 30hz would relate to movie content and it is felt as we go lower towards 20hz......cant really explain soundwaves......you can feel the vibes...not all the time....

Bottom line...depending on sub actual use...movies or music or both......audition...trust your ears, check the connectivity option and go ahead with the brand and model

i know the Yamaha NS-SW300 is the best one but we don't get it here, if we get it would be very expensive which i can not afford, or else as per your saying if i've to go for 12" sub then i'll have to look for Bic PL-200 which also have good reviews
Did you change your sub. Even I m looking for a new sub. I have talked to some Yamaha dealers and they say that sw300 is launched in India. The MRP is around 32k. Jamsticks site has listed it for around 29k. They are taking preorders and stock would come in 2- 3 weeks
I also talked to proaudiohome for pl200 demo, they said they can provide demo for pl200 ii which they have in stock. They haven't worked out the pricing
But I don't have any place to check basX s12 audition
So confused between the three

Have read some good things about Yamaha sw300.. hope to audition it and pl200 ii
Will decide based on the audition

If I don't like Yamaha sw300 then it would be difficult for me to decide between emotiva and Bic :(

If I don't like Yamaha sw300 then it would be difficult for me to decide between emotiva and Bic :(
:D:D:D Yamaha subwoofers don't have a favourable opinion on this forum. Audition and make the decision.

:D:D:D Yamaha subwoofers don't have a favourable opinion on this forum. Audition and make the decision.
Ya I know :) Bic pl200 and emotiva s12 are the hot favorites here.. does anyone know where I can audition them in Mumbai
I talked with Darius and he said they have it in stock but not for audition :(

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back