emt 938 tt cartridge

naks

hi folks i have an emt 938 tt with head shell but no cartridge.any inputs who can sell their emt cartridge or any suitable cart for emt tsd head shell. as i dont want to take the risk of denon dl103 cart with this head shell by bending the pins .will shure sc -35c cartrdige will fit in to emt tsd 15 head shell without modifications. opinions needed

regards

hi folks i have an emt 938 tt with head shell but no cartridge.any inputs who can sell their emt cartridge or any suitable cart for emt tsd head shell. as i dont want to take the risk of denon dl103 cart with this head shell by bending the pins .will shure sc -35c cartrdige will fit in to emt tsd 15 head shell without modifications. opinions needed

regards
Will leave this for the Gurus to answer.
Paging @prem my best bet.

Naks, EMT TSD 15 comes as a complete unit. It comes with its own headshell. If you want a TSD 15 cartridge, I don’t think you’ll find one in India. You’ll have to get a new one from abroad.

Do you use an external phono or the inbuilt phono of the 938? Is it MM or MC? Both versions come. I am asking since you have only the headshell. So chances are it was for the Stanton cartridge which is MM.

What about Shure sc 35c will it dirt directly in to Emt Tsd 15 cart?

regards
this video will give you all the info that you require:

Possibly The Listening Room in Bangalore or AV Lounge in Chennai might be able to help

You can buy a headshell with EMT connector and mount a DL103 without bending pins. This type of headshell is available on eBay or from audio silente in Italy. I tried them and work well. I have also bent pins on a DL103 and used in the original EMT headshell and it works well. Some of the AIR EMTs have a version of EMT 929k tonearm which takes standard SME mount headshells. A picture of your existing headshell can give a good idea.

Back