Energy take classic 5.1.. Size really matters??

diplomat

I had demo of this little beauty at Grand Cinema for an hour or so and these are my personal comments.

What is in the package and cost---
The Take Classic 5.1 home theater system exactly follows the basics of typical HT 5.1 rules, i.e all five channels must be identical and equal rated at 20-100W rms @ 8 ohms. Each unit has 3-inch poly-titanium Ribbed Elliptical Surround woofer and .75-inch hyperbolic aluminum-dome tweeter with front and rear venting (specific design and inovative). These tiny good looking ones are combined with a powerful 200-watt subwoofer with a front-firing port, 8-inch down firing driver and Ribbed Elliptical Surround.
The MRP is at 40k, mind it the woofer alone sells at 26K if asked separate.

Impression I got--
The unit was connected to Marantz SR3001 with typical rating of 70w cont. rms @ 8 ohms. My intrest was only to see how it performs in cinema use, for which it is designed. Dhoom2 and few other demo matl were thrown at the package with moderate volume. Vocal dominancy was outstanding from centre in all these tracks and nicley blended with fronts and surrounds. Woffer did excellent job in handling LFE data and was one of the best and tuned sub I ever heard till date. Call it filling the rooms with special effects, kicking from sub, delivery of male(abhishek)/female(Bipasha) voices from centre, even the whispers-breathing-hand clapping and what not, every where the performance was upto the mark as projected on internet reviews. This unit infact has made Diamond 9HCP an under performer at simillar price tag, which carries 4 inch drivers and much bigger cabinets. The centre channel even challenged the Diamond 9cs with 5 inch driver in all aspects with little lag on heavy male voice. But HF datas were much sweeter and pinching to ear like movie theater as compared to diamond.

Finally it made me to feel, is the size really matters when selecting such packages????

For the requirement of basic HT or even little bit ahead of it for room size of 120-150 sqft, certainly this is far ahead from any simillar units in the range of 40K package and the forum members must have a demo before buying......

Being myself a learner in this area, I have tried just to share my feelings in this forum. May not be an expert review........

Thanks Diplomat, I'm also looking at this package, will it be fine when it is paired with yamaha 663 or Onkyo 607/577 or can this be paired with these AVR's.

What is the final price after discount and will it be available without the Sub.

Thanks
Gap G J

Though the Energy Take 5 has been a long time classic and award winner, please also audition the Q-A 1010i package which also sells for around the same price. The QA has more recent electronics as well as driver an cabinet construction. A comparison of the two will help you decide which one is more musical and also good for movies.

It is always better to audition multiple speakers sets to help you decide which one you want.

Cheers

Where can i get it in bangalore?
My AVR is Pioneer LX-60.

Sudhish.

Reliance Timeout Cunningham rd

You can audition these as well as the Mirage Nano and some other speakers as well. I do think the Energy Classic was selling around 30k when I enquired few months back.

As Venkatji said QAcoustics 1010i(40-50k range) is the most raved about speaker package in that range. it would be wise to audition those as well.

Audition the Kef 2005.2 package at ProFx MG rd as well but I think it would be above 50k.

the final price of unit at chennai may be 8% off on MRP. The look of the package makes it winner along with its performance. Connecting to AVR with matching spec should not be a problem. Better go for denon or marantz. Mind it , the package is 5.1 and none of the unit is available as spare to upgrade to 6.1 or 7.1. So you can go for good 5.1 AVR if u have no plan to dream for upgrade. The speaker package is also available without woofer, but price you need to check out. Comparing this with other systems of simillar range is always better before buying, as suggested here.

I bought Take Energy Classic 5.1 + 1 set of Take Energy C-50 for 40k at Reynolds so negotiate if someone is quoting 40K for 5.1 system.
Am pairing them with Onkyo 607 for 7.1 system so it should work.

Can someone tell where Energy Take Classic 5.1 are available in Delhi? Also QAcoustics 1010i for comparison purpose.

thanks in advance..

For Take Energy best would be call to their Indian distributors Rivera International in Mumbai at 91-22-23800555 (phone), and they will guide you for delhi..

hi all, does this works in India? because the version in US has 60 Hz and 110 Volts only written in the power option from the subwoofer. If it works i will try to get one to india. Waiting for you guys reply. Thanks

hi all, does this works in India? because the version in US has 60 Hz and 110 Volts only written in the power option from the subwoofer. If it works i will try to get one to india. Waiting for you guys reply. Thanks

It comes with power ratings as per indian standards here and it works well. Better buy from a dealer like reliance.. When I bargained last time it was 26k for 5.1 package. :cool:

Been searching for the Energy Take Classic 5.1 in Bangalore but have drawn a blank.

Reliance Digital on Cunningham Road says they don't have stock and say that the company has stopped manufacture of the speakers. Isn't that what salesmen always say? The demo piece is available at 10% off their list price of Rs 29,250... not much of a bargain.

Called Reynolds on Brigade Road and the salesman there said they don't carry them.

Any other leads in Bangalore?

Call up reliance digital koramangla and JP nagar branches . Both of them have stocks.. Bargain hard for 25k or less. . Coz over phone the guy agreed for 25.5k ;)

Bad news: Reliance has only the demo pieces at Cunningham Rd and Koramangala, which they are offering at their regular rate of Rs 29k less 10% off because they're used. The pieces are scuffed and it shows because of the piano finish. Not much of a discount either.

Good news: Amazon is selling new ones for $400 (excl taxes) with free shipping within the US.

Bad news: Reliance has only the demo pieces at Cunningham Rd and Koramangala, which they are offering at their regular rate of Rs 29k less 10% off because they're used. The pieces are scuffed and it shows because of the piano finish. Not much of a discount either.

Good news: Amazon is selling new ones for $400 (excl taxes) with free shipping within the US.

You can try paradigm cinema 70ct package and upgrade the sub in future...

The Home Theater Store

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back