Enhance audio output of Sony Tv KDL-40EX650

santhoshs

I always wanted to have decent audio output from my Tv Sony Tv KDL-40EX650. Tv is placed in such a way that sound is diverted to other area of the house and the place where Tv i present feels less output. So wanted to use rear speaker to confine the audio output to place where Tv is used. Thinking of adding one or two wireless rear speakers.

I have fire stick attached to Tv. Came to know that bluetooth speakers can be paired to firestick. i tried this it worked with content from amazon, but there is no audio output when content is from setup box, instead the audio output is from Tv speakers. I dont know what is the solution to this.

So thought of adding bluetooth audio transmitter to Tv so that the bluetooth speakers can be paired to this transmitter for audio output from rear speakers (any bluetooth speakers to act as rear speakers). i have not tried this.

Dear friends i need your suggestion in this regard - my requirement to add rear speakers to confine the Tv audio output to the room where Tv is placed. just a simple set-up. i could have used simple sound bar, but again i have to keep the soundbar near the Tv, i feel the output from sound bar will be diverted to other place.

Please suggest. Thanks

So thought of adding bluetooth audio transmitter to Tv so that the bluetooth speakers can be paired to this transmitter for audio output from rear speakers (any bluetooth speakers to act as rear speakers). i have not tried this.

Dear friends i need your suggestion in this regard - my requirement to add rear speakers to confine the Tv audio output to the room where Tv is placed. just a simple set-up. i could have used simple sound bar, but again i have to keep the soundbar near the Tv, i feel the output from sound bar will be diverted to other place.

Please suggest. Thanks

Considering your requirement, it definitely make sense to go with BT transmitter as a solution in this case. Soundbar will amplify your TV output but will not solve the purpose.

Multiple BT transmitter are available online today, however look for something which has good range, based on your bluetooth speaker specification & with good quality audio output for example - Signature Acoustics Phoenix Hi-Fi Bluetooth BT5.0 Audio Receiver & Transmitter with aptX HD. It provides you options to use it as Transmitter & Receiver too, with multiple connectivity options. But look at your existing bluetooth speaker compatibility specifications before buying.

Cheers,
:cool:

Considering your requirement, it definitely make sense to go with BT transmitter as a solution in this case. Soundbar will amplify your TV output but will not solve the purpose.

Multiple BT transmitter are available online today, however look for something which has good range, based on your bluetooth speaker specification & with good quality audio output for example - Signature Acoustics Phoenix Hi-Fi Bluetooth BT5.0 Audio Receiver & Transmitter with aptX HD. It provides you options to use it as Transmitter & Receiver too, with multiple connectivity options. But look at your existing bluetooth speaker compatibility specifications before buying.

Cheers,

Thanks for advice

Right now the speaker i was talking about is small one. i will be buying new speakers. if you have any suggestions let me know.

whether the following type speakers will work

1. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B086DDP55B...colid=SWDP9IL8O0D0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07WSCY4LX...colid=SWDP9IL8O0D0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

3. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07DD3VXRZ...colid=SWDP9IL8O0D0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

4. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07BHP4W36...colid=SWDP9IL8O0D0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

OR

there are other type of speakers.

Thanks for advice

Right now the speaker i was talking about is small one. i will be buying new speakers. if you have any suggestions let me know.

whether the following type speakers will work

1. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B086DDP55B...colid=SWDP9IL8O0D0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07WSCY4LX...colid=SWDP9IL8O0D0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

3. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07DD3VXRZ...colid=SWDP9IL8O0D0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

4. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07BHP4W36...colid=SWDP9IL8O0D0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

OR

there are other type of speakers.

What’s your max budget for BT speakers?

It you are looking for Bluetooth speaker, go for JBL.
I used to use 'JBL charge 2' a lot for movies with my portable projector, in my small room when I was bachelor :)
Go for JBL charge or Xtreme depending upon the portability

upto Rs.15,000/-

Look at below products in following order within your budget.
1. UE Boom 3
2. JBL charge 4
3. Sony SRS-XB33
4. Creative iRoar / iRoar Go ( I personally use Creative SoundBlaster Roar from past 3+yrs & it still sounds great )

Premium but should be worth checking.
1. Marshall Emberton
2. Klipsch Heritage Groove
3. Marshall Acton II

Cheers,

Look at below products in following order within your budget.
1. UE Boom 3
2. JBL charge 4
3. Sony SRS-XB33
4. Creative iRoar / iRoar Go ( I personally use Creative SoundBlaster Roar from past 3+yrs & it still sounds great )

Premium but should be worth checking.
1. Marshall Emberton
2. Klipsch Heritage Groove
3. Marshall Acton II

Cheers,

Thanks for suggetions. Sony and Creative are the finalist. Inclined to Sony because of Bluetooth 5, theoretically better for low latency since I am using bluetooth transmitter for Tv.

I am buying

1. Cubetek Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Adapter - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0756H84GP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1AGQM5RE4JTZ8&psc=1

2. Sony SRS-XB33 - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B086D4JNGM...colid=SWDP9IL8O0D0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Let me see the change this can bring. I will update here

May I also suggest an used AVR with a pair of bookshelves? Diligent searching will yield success and produce a far better sound than other options presented. It also presents an upgrade to 5.1 when funds allow.

May I also suggest an used AVR with a pair of bookshelves? Diligent searching will yield success and produce a far better sound than other options presented. It also presents an upgrade to 5.1 when funds allow.

Thanks. i will check on this option.

I went thru this option of adding speakers. This was good idea. But in my particular case, will not work because

1. The table or unit where i keep my TV will allow to keep av receiver, even if I manage to keep it, i have to be very careful of my younger son.

2. my requirement is very limited, just to confine the sound within the room where the Tv is placed.

Thanks.

I went thru this option of adding speakers. This was good idea. But in my particular case, will not work because

1. The table or unit where i keep my TV will allow to keep av receiver, even if I manage to keep it, i have to be very careful of my younger son.

2. my requirement is very limited, just to confine the sound within the room where the Tv is placed.

Thanks.

You can even look at Powered speakers with bluetooth connectivity option, it will double up as TV speaker & for Stereo listening too.
Ref below thread for options.

You can even look at Powered speakers with bluetooth connectivity option, it will double up as TV speaker & for Stereo listening too.
Ref below thread for options.

Exactly i was looking at this, thanks.

I read thru one more advice.

Dear friends please confirm whether this will work out.

1. I had missed out on providing one more input - at the place where Tv is kept, i have speaker terminal socket near the Tv - power board with speaker terminal (black and red)

2. Speaker terminals socket at the wall mount space for speaker - two nos.

Can I place twin powered speakers and connect to Tv through the speaker terminals. Speakers like -

1. Edifier R1280T Bookshelf Speaker (Brown and Black) -
2. Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers

In these speakers one is powered and the other is just connected to the powered one.

Attached below the layout and the photos of speaker terminal at the Tv unit and wall mount speaker.

Pic 1 - layout
Pic 2 - speaker terminal at the power board near the Tv
Pic 3 - speaker terminal at the wall mount space. similar thing available on the other side.

These speaker terminals were installed in 2004, dont know whether this will work with the current type of speakers. I wanted to avoid drawing one more line.

Attachments

• Layout_0001.jpg
    Layout_0001.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 4
Exactly i was looking at this, thanks.

I read thru one more advice.

Dear friends please confirm whether this will work out.

1. I had missed out on providing one more input - at the place where Tv is kept, i have speaker terminal socket near the Tv - power board with speaker terminal (black and red)

2. Speaker terminals socket at the wall mount space for speaker - two nos.

Can I place twin powered speakers and connect to Tv through the speaker terminals. Speakers like -

1. Edifier R1280T Bookshelf Speaker (Brown and Black) -
2. Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers

In these speakers one is powered and the other is just connected to the powered one.

Attached below the layout and the photos of speaker terminal at the Tv unit and wall mount speaker.

Pic 1 - layout
Pic 2 - speaker terminal at the power board near the Tv
Pic 3 - speaker terminal at the wall mount space. similar thing available on the other side.

These speaker terminals were installed in 2004, dont know whether this will work with the current type of speakers. I wanted to avoid drawing one more line.

You need these - JBL Control 2.4G on Air Wireless Speakers, your sorted... don't bother utilising internal wiring etc.

I see someone has put these on sale in OLX,

Else - just get Edifier R1280T / Edifier R1280DB along with Bluetooth transmitter which will send signals from TV to Edifier speakers.

Cheers,

Hi

These type of forums are addiction. You start with simple speaker and the mind carries you to set up a dedicated HT room.

In 2013 stumbled upon this forum by searching for user reviews for an Ac - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...ter-air-conditioner.41224/page-17#post-590662 - this helped me purchase a Sharp Ac.

Again in 2014 came to this forum in search of answer to the same question for which this thread was created. But I did not followup and did not take any initiative - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/should-i-buy-the-full-ht-system.43110/

Now 2020 due to pandemic all had to stay at home for atleast 1.5 months. Office work was not much so family time was more. After so many years I was spending time watching TV, movies, etc. This is when again the itch started to tune the sound of my TV. I think due to this home stays lot of people are into HT buying spree.

In the last few days after i started this thread, i went thru following threads, which are almost similar to my requirement.

Thanks to all of them for en-lighting me about the benefits of AVR instead of simple speaker or soundbar.

@apbin - you are using soundbar, but recommending AVRs to all. how is that. Whichever thread i have visited i have seen your presence, thanks.

The forum addiction took me to even having an idea to convert one of the rooms to theatre. Even my 6 year old son was commenting how much speakers you are searching. he will take back this comment once i make him taste the sound.

Having dedicated HT room is out of question in my case. But definitely, after going thru so many threads / posts, I am more inclined to have an AVR, rather than a soundbar system. As somebody recommended here, I will search for a pre-owned AVR and add new speakers.

Dear friends - again I need your help in deciding price for the pre-owned AVR. I see many members from Bangalore, hope I can depend on them for any help.

Sorry for the loooong post.

@apbin - you are using soundbar, but recommending AVRs to all. how is that. Whichever thread i have visited i have seen your presence, thanks.
Its been almost a decade i started with my hifi journey & have personally experienced HT starting with SONY HT, transitioned to Denon / Marantz AVR, Bose AM, got enlightened with Stereo setup (Marantz PM6005) found that's what i'm looking after instead of AVR+5.1 setup for my living room, currently got Norge Concerto Gold 1000. Starting this year, i though let me buy Soundbar for movie experience but didn't wanted to invest on AVR + 5.1 as i had gone that route in past & knew pros/cons of it in limited space especially when your living in apartments.

Hope it helps answer your curiosity & my presence on various threads bcoz of lockdown too :p, i'm sure many of the FM on this forum would have gone through such journey when you have that passion. Your spot-on, this hobby is addiction & as FM's say its a rabbit hole too ;)

Cheers,

Its been almost a decade i started with my hifi journey & have personally experienced HT starting with SONY HT, transitioned to Denon / Marantz AVR, Bose AM, got enlightened with Stereo setup (Marantz PM6005) found that's what i'm looking after instead of AVR+5.1 setup for my living room, currently got Norge Concerto Gold 1000. Starting this year, i though let me buy Soundbar for movie experience but didn't wanted to invest on AVR + 5.1 as i had gone that route in past & knew pros/cons of it in limited space especially when your living in apartments.

Hope it helps answer your curiosity & my presence on various threads bcoz of lockdown too :p, i'm sure many of the FM on this forum would have gone through such journey when you have that passion. Your spot-on, this hobby is addiction & as FM's say its a rabbit hole too ;)

Cheers,

Nice to hear that. Now having experienced the AVR and the Sound Bar systems, could you let me know the reason for going with Soundbar.

I occasionally watch movie, Tv series, etc., that is when i feel lack of sound effect. After going thru the posts in this forum, I am inclined towards AVR. But I am still exploring the soundbar options. I was looking at Sony RT3, because of wiring issue i started looking at soundbar with wireless rear speakers (samsung & lg), then looked at Yamaha 109 and 209. Out of these soundbars to satisfy my requirement, was thinking of going Samsung or Lg soundbars and later add wireless rear speakers, if requried.

After going through the posts, came to know the flexibility of AVR setup. So thought of AVR+central speaker bar (to act as soundbar)+rear speakers - with this setup at front i dont know whether i will get the effect similar to a good soundbar. I agree that this setup contradicts my statement of wireless setup. but i can compromise on that.

Occasionally i watch movie (may be once in a month), no music. if this is the case do you recommend going with good soundbar with less expense.

Content source - TV (movie, Tv series, cartoon, NGC like channels, news and sports for my father and songs for my mother) and fire-stick - movie, cartoon.

I am the only one who is cribbing about the sound.

If you think I am confused - I agree.

Once again - could you let me know the reason for going with Soundbar. How do feel the difference b/w AVR and soundbar.

If the soundbars have good effect - i would minimise the expense, take soundbar, watch movie in bedroom (instead of living room, where the requirement of additional speakers is a must).

I always wanted to have decent audio output from my Tv Sony Tv KDL-40EX650. Tv is placed in such a way that sound is diverted to other area of the house and the place where Tv i present feels less output. So wanted to use rear speaker to confine the audio output to place where Tv is used. Thinking of adding one or two wireless rear speakers.

If i recollect it, above was your first post. To summarise your requirement it was to limit the sound within the listing area where TV is kept & not spreading the sound to other parts of the house. Hence there were recommendations from FM for you to look at BT speakers which will minimize the complexity & provide you required sound output closer to your listing space.

After going through the posts, came to know the flexibility of AVR setup. So thought of AVR+central speaker bar (to act as soundbar)+rear speakers - with this setup at front i dont know whether i will get the effect similar to a good soundbar. I agree that this setup contradicts my statement of wireless setup. but i can compromise on that.

Occasionally i watch movie (may be once in a month), no music. if this is the case do you recommend going with good soundbar with less expense.

Content source - TV (movie, Tv series, cartoon, NGC like channels, news and sports for my father and songs for my mother) and fire-stick - movie, cartoon.
I am the only one who is cribbing about the sound.

If you think I am confused - I agree.
"Please note this is my personal opinion"
Now with AVR + all the 5.1 setup it completely defeats the entire purpose of your initial requirement you had. With the usability you have mentioned IMHO it will be overkill, you will not be using to its fullest potential. As you described, i understand there are multiple people in the house who will be users of these setup, think will it be "easy of use" for them too?

IMHO i feel good soundbar/BT spk is all that you need for your requirement, however end of the day its your personal choice, liking of SQ & does it solve your purpose keeping all the aspects in mind. As i always say, please do audition the products in person & then take a call. FM can just suggest & share their experience.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back