Enhance audio output of Sony Tv KDL-40EX650

In this forum do we have any thread dedicated to show casing HT setup (soundbar / AVR / Active Speaker) of forum members - Photos or Pictures

If i recollect it, above was your first post. To summarise your requirement it was to limit the sound within the listing area where TV is kept & not spreading the sound to other parts of the house. Hence there were recommendations from FM for you to look at BT speakers which will minimize the complexity & provide you required sound output closer to your listing space.

"Please note this is my personal opinion"
Now with AVR + all the 5.1 setup it completely defeats the entire purpose of your initial requirement you had. With the usability you have mentioned IMHO it will be overkill, you will not be using to its fullest potential. As you described, i understand there are multiple people in the house who will be users of these setup, think will it be "easy of use" for them too?

IMHO i feel good soundbar/BT spk is all that you need for your requirement, however end of the day its your personal choice, liking of SQ & does it solve your purpose keeping all the aspects in mind. As i always say, please do audition the products in person & then take a call. FM can just suggest & share their experience.

In the last few days i took audition of soundbars from sony, lg, yamaha and polk. I could not find soundbars from samsung. Initially when i started this thread i had narrowed down to sony RT-3, felt this can increase the sound performance from TV, but paying Rs.18000/- for this did not feel i am getting any worth. AVR route was bit costly and though i could manage the wiring, but I was not favour of these wiring and usage by others in the house.

Last week Friday and Saturday visited some more shops, i tested sony (RT-3, 8500), lg (Sl6y, Sl8y), Yamaha (108, 209). Felt sony was way too low in terms of performance, so dropped sony from the list. I was in favour of LG as i could add rear wireless speakers, but guys at the shop were not aware about this and they did not have this in stock.

Later went to Qubix (near SBI, St Marks Road, Next to Nexa showroom) and Profx (MG road). Qubix - they had Bose, Yamaha, sennheiser. Since bose and sennheiser soundbars are out of my budget, i was interested in yamaha and i liked the sound of yamaha as i had earlier heard yamaha 108.

At Qubix I liked the modular system of bose, where one can purchase just the soundbar, later they can add sub and then add surround rear speakers, all without the wires except for power cable. In yamaha they had YAS 408, this is with soundbar and sub, later we can add the wireless speakers, which can also be used as individual speakers anywhere in the house. As you all know these wireless speaker works with music cast. YAS 408 with soundbar cost about Rs.50000 and a pair of rears about Rs.44000. I was told if i buy as a package he can give for Rs.85000. i dont know whether this is good price for the whole systems - soundbar with sub and surround rear speakers.

Later went to Profx. They deal only in Denon and Polk. So tried the Polk magnifi max with optional wireless surround speakers. This package was available for about Rs.65000.

After hearing these systems, i feel without the surrounds no point in taking only soundbar with sub. i could fee the difference.

Hi Friends need your help in

1. Deciding Yamaha YAS 408 or Polk magnifi max.
2. whether the price for these is reasonable
3. Is it worth paying extra for Yamaha. The rears speakers can be used individually anywhere in the house. Chances of such usage is very rear in my case.
4. if anybody has tested these speakers, whether effect of rear speakers is same for Yamaha and Polk.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back