Entry-level 5.1 audio setup

kkartik

Hello everyone,

Apologies if it seems like the same question asked again and again on the forum, but I tried to do my homework and have gone through several threads on the forum to finalize the setup for my needs. I still have a few questions, and I hope to get your expert opinions on those.

I plan to buy myself a budget 5.1 audio setup and need your advice in finalizing the best one for my needs.

Budget: 60k (can increase 10-20% if there is a good deal in proximity)
Room size: 100 sq feet (10x10)
For: Movies only
Tech: 5.1 only, not interested in ATMOS for now

Initially, I planned to buy an HTiB system: Yamaha YHT-3072IN (with NS-P41 speaker package), but I skipped it due to the lack of availability.

So, I increased my budget and tried to finalize the following custom options:

AVR:
1. Denon X250BT (33,000 on avshack.in)
(based on the suggestions of the other members for movies)

2. Yamaha 3072 (33,000 on avstore.in)

Speakers:

1. Option 1 (17,770 on amazon.in)
Bookshelf: Micca MB42X (8,990)
Center: Micca MB42-C (4,790)
Surround: Micca COVO-S (3,990)

2. Option 2 (28,455)
Bookshelf: Micca RB42 (15,590)
Center: Micca RB42-C (8,875)
Surround: Micca COVO-S (3,990)

Subwoofer: (may purchase later)
1. Yamaha SW-100 (18,300)
2. Polk Audio PSW-10 (21,000)

Please suggest that speakers mentioned above matches well with Denon X250BT?
Also, is it worth going for Micca RB42 speakers over Micca MB42X?

Other than this, I can only wall mount these speakers. Since it is a small room and these speakers require some space behind them, I am inclined towards the following speaker packages as well:

1. Mission M-Cube+SE (30,000) + Denon X250BT (33,000) = 63,000
2. Elac Cinema 5 (42,000) + Denon X250BT (33,000) = 75,000
3. Wharfedale DX-2 + Denon X550BT = 80,000
(getting this deal on hifimart.com)

Is it worth increasing my budget and going for any of these packages? If so, which one is better?

Also, please mention there is no warranty on Denon products if bought online?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
In my view :
- Denon X250BT is a good entry level AV receiver.
- At this price point, choose a package deal for the speakers, where you get all 5.1 together. You will get better value.
- Mission / Elac / Wharfedales are all good choices
- The only one I have heard is the Wharfedale DX-2, which a friend purchased on my advice, and he is very happy with it
- Suggest also consider the Polk T series package. It is amazingly good value

I'm also into building a 5.1.2 setup,

I would suggest you to save money in AVR by getting a second hand product, if possible.

Let's keep your budget as 80K, since you are looking into buying the Wharfedale combo.

AVR - 25K - The money you save here can be invested in a better subwoofer.
TAV 607 - 35K

Get a subwoofer for the rest of your budget, These will surely be better for movies.

Yes, it's worth considering these, all 3 seem good. Also, you can contact Birender from Cinesound(Delhi) for Denon + Polk package
Cinesound seems to have the higher price than online purchase. They quoted 82,000 for Denon X250BT + Elac Cinema 5. I think the Wharfedale deal on Hifimart is still better.

I'm also into building a 5.1.2 setup,

I would suggest you to save money in AVR by getting a second hand product, if possible.

Let's keep your budget as 80K, since you are looking into buying the Wharfedale combo.

AVR - 25K - The money you save here can be invested in a better subwoofer.
TAV 607 - 35K

Get a subwoofer for the rest of your budget, These will surely be better for movies.
It seems a very good option but unfortunately my room size does not allow me to install floor-standers. Though I would love to get a pre-owned AVR.

Please suggest where to look for used AVRs. Unable to find anything in the HFV classifieds section right now. Many thanks.

It seems a very good option but unfortunately my room size does not allow me to install floor-standers. Though I would love to get a pre-owned AVR.

Please suggest where to look for used AVRs. Unable to find anything in the HFV classifieds section right now. Many thanks.
I bought an used AVR in the classifieds section of this forum, You can watch that thread and see if you get any deals or you can try olx/quickr.

In my view :
- Denon X250BT is a good entry level AV receiver.
- At this price point, choose a package deal for the speakers, where you get all 5.1 together. You will get better value.
- Mission / Elac / Wharfedales are all good choices
- The only one I have heard is the Wharfedale DX-2, which a friend purchased on my advice, and he is very happy with it
- Suggest also consider the Polk T series package. It is amazingly good value
I am too looking for an entry level AVR. How does Denon x250BT compare to Yamaha 3072. Is there any specific reason for recommending Denon over Yamaha. thank you!

Denon 250 is available at 30 k and I also got price of 27k from misterm.in. I think 2nd hand avr is good option and you can go for better speakers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back