Entry level HT package with Atmos

Srikanthreddy

Got a 18x12 exclusive home theatre room with a 120" screen fitted...false ceiling at 12ft height...

Lot of ply used in room..

Looking for a less expensive HT package with atmos, with equal share of movie and music needs.. would like to play my cassettes and vinyl as well using a Yamaha tape deck and ion Vinyl player for now..

Had an experience of using onkyo for few years and don't want to spend more amount for HT, looking for around 40+

Will upgrade later - 5 years and will replace..

Thanks and I am based out of Hyderabad

Got a 18x12 exclusive home theatre room with a 120" screen fitted...false ceiling at 12ft height...

Lot of ply used in room..

Looking for a less expensive HT package with atmos, with equal share of movie and music needs.. would like to play my cassettes and vinyl as well using a Yamaha tape deck and ion Vinyl player for now..

Had an experience of using onkyo for few years and don't want to spend more amount for HT, looking for around 40+

Will upgrade later - 5 years and will replace..

Thanks and I am based out of Hyderabad

Any new Dolby Atmos supported AVR will cost around 40+.

Many people buy a good Dolby supported AVR and build the system slowly rather than buying everything at once. A good 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos HT will easily cost you between 1.5 to 2 lakhs.

A decent HT without atmos support would cost you about 65-70k at the very minimum if you go for the available packages. The Yamaha HTiB systems are not really worth it , i had auditioned the same few years back and ended up getting a Polk TL1600 5.1 + Yamaha VX-479 AVR at about 67k which served me really well for almost 3 years.

If you intend to add Atmos satellites in future , a compatible AVR will set you back by atleast 35-40k and the speaker packages will start at about 30-35k. The best route would be however to follow a phased approach with AVR + Front LR -> Subwoofer & Center -> Surround Speakers -Height/Atmos

I suggest that you go for used AVR + speakers for now in the available budget and do a major upgrade once you have the budget later. Going for new components within your current budget (even if stretched a bit more) may not bring any cheer, given your room size.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back