epson home cinema 8350 projector

I have someone carrying the projector for me on 7th March 2011.
until i need to collect all other accessories like Wall Mount, 25ft HDMI cable, APC UPS, and obviously a screen....

I live in Delhi, can someone guide me where to buy all the above items and the cost i need to look at...

again - thanks for all your help :)
PM me your phone number and I shall try to help as best as I can.

Hey Guys,

Please guide me to a trusted website to order a Epson 8350.
I did check out SYW but the base price shown is Rs 71000 + 20500 Duty!!!!!
Out on Amazon the price is about 1190$ which is Rs 55000. Borderlinx is an exception as I have had a bad experience ordering my Yamaha RX V1900 which came damaged and Borderlinx are not taking responsibilities and are blaming the carrier (DHL) :mad: . Still gotten to no where and also the hazel of only Citi bank card for the transaction. Shall be posting pics of the dent and other damage of my AVR. Meanwhile would appreciate if any one of you can guide me though this.

Thanks,
Amit

Fingers crossed !

UPS#1ZE75W280275269425

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 02/24/2011, By End of Day
Last Location:
Departed - Philadelphia, PA, United States, Thursday, 02/24/2011

Shipped/Billed On: 02/22/2011 Type: Package Weight: 21.80 lbs

Location Date Local Time Activity
Philadelphia, PA, United States 02/24/2011 2:58 A.M. Departure Scan
02/24/2011 12:10 A.M. Arrival Scan
Richmond, VA, United States 02/23/2011 6:43 P.M. Departure Scan
02/23/2011 5:40 P.M. Arrival Scan
Jacksonville, FL, United States 02/23/2011 7:00 A.M. Departure Scan
02/23/2011 6:42 A.M. Arrival Scan
Orlando, FL, United States 02/23/2011 3:18 A.M. Departure Scan
Orlando, FL, United States 02/22/2011 10:06 P.M. Arrival Scan
Tampa, FL, United States 02/22/2011 7:52 P.M. Departure Scan
02/22/2011 7:20 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 02/22/2011 5:29 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Stage one complete....

Dear Customer,

This notice serves as proof of delivery for the shipment listed below.

Tracking Number: 1ZE75W280275269425 Service: UPS 2nd Day Air Weight: 21.80 lbs Shipped/Billed On: 02/22/2011 Delivered On: 02/24/2011 12:32 P.M. Delivered To: BELLE MEAD, NJ, US Left At: Front Door Thank you for giving us this opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

UPS

Tracking results provided by UPS: 02/27/2011 2:40 A.M. ET

hey guys,
sorry for my later reply - got so engrossed in my projector the day it arrived that i forgot to post my reviews....

the projector is out of the world... i mean its just flawless....
since 1st march till now i have burnt 74hrs on it.... watched blueray/cricket/tata sky HD+/xbox/kinect everthing on it....

since i have made a seperate room especially for it and its on my terrace, i generally don't play it everyday.... but every weekend for sure.

its a must must buy... its little bulky and huge - but for sure exceeds expectations.....

Congratulations.

How about showing pictures of the room? :licklips:

Since the room is on terrace, have you taken enough precautions that the rain water does not get in room during heavy down pour, as some times the water exit points are chocked etc.

If one places the projector in it's proper house, which is the ceiling, then there is no question of bulky and huge. In-fact i think the ceiling looks more classy with bulky projector. I am having 2 projectors one is very small and the other a bigger in size, it does not matter a inch to me, even if both were bulky.

V.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy epson home cinema projector 8350.
Unfortunately Epson India does not have this model available in India.

Can someone suggest me where can I buy this from in India ??

Thank you for your help.
[email protected]

Is this the same as Epson's 3600? If yes, then it is being sold in India. Yes, of course you can get it for cheaper abroad. Buying it in India or abroad is up for debate and clearly there are many threads regarding the same.

Hi Gaurav, Hope you are having a great time with your Epson 8350. I'm a new poster here. I'm also looking for an Epson 8350 and I went to the Projector People website after seeing your posts to place order. But it says online ordering only in Continental US. Can you please tell me how you were able to place order with them from India ? Also did the courier charge you additional customs duty ?

Thanks in advance.

regads,
Dovin

Dovin,

Thank you very much for the kind words.

You are most welcome to come and have a look of my theatre, and watch a movie too.

I was once invited by some forum member a few months back to see his set up, and guess what?

The guy was not around and he said to his servant via phone that i should wait for 30/45 minutes as he is stuck in the so called traffic, while i had already been waiting for 15 minutes, so the total would have gone to one hour and who knows how much time more it would have been, further he did not have the courtesy to talk with me directly, and i was made to sit with the servant, no water offered to drink, i just walked out.

It took him the next day to realize that he is sorry, while who knows how much he meant.

V.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Vinay, I have to keep the projector at around mid-height of the screen. I have to keep it on top of the AV cabinet. That's why I thought of Epson 8350. Can you recommend any projector under 75,000 Rs that has good placement flexibility ?

I would certainly love to see your setup on a mutually convenient date. Where do you live in Mumbai ? I'm in Navi Mumbai.

I read up on the Epson Bulb failure issues. Sounds scary. Anyone had a failure here yet ? Will Epson send a replacement even if you are in India, if you can give then a US address ? I really liked the 8350 reviews, and the placement flexibility - not sure what projector to buy now!!

I read up on the Epson Bulb failure issues. Sounds scary. Anyone had a failure here yet ? Will Epson send a replacement even if you are in India, if you can give then a US address ? I really liked the 8350 reviews, and the placement flexibility - not sure what projector to buy now!!

I have about 110 hrs on my unit. No issues so far (may Lord Ganesh bless my projector:)). I think the Asian version of 8350 is available here so its bulb should work. I also feel that any projector is going to have a risk and hence bulb warranties are usually 90 days. So only option, buy a second bulb with the new unit itself. These usually cost less than buying a bulb separately.
Good Luck!
Cheers,
Sid

I spoke with Epson sales rep in India about the EH-TW3600 which is the 8350 equivalent. I asked him about the price difference and the bulb issue for 8350 which is the equivalent model abroad. His answers were,

1) Price of EH-TW3600 is around 1 lakh all inclusive. I thought this was not a bad price for peace of mind of having local official support.

2) HOWEVER, he said that Epson India DOES NOT offer any additional warranty on the bulb other than 500Hrs/90Days. After 90 days you are on your own. He could not give any confirmation that the bulb is different from 8350. I don't think it can be since its exaclty the same model as 8350.

He also said that if you buy an 8350 from US and your bulb failed, even if you get a replacement bulb, Espon India will not help you replace the bulb or help you in any way with any kind of problems.

So those of you who bought Epson from abroad, what will you do if you have any issues ? Is the sales guy bluffing ? are there 3rd party AV professionals who can fix them in India ? I really like the feedback about 8350 except the bulb scare.

rgds,

I think the Asian version of 8350 is available here so its bulb should work.

How did you buy yours to get the Asian version ? I'm thinking of using BH Photo Video in Pune. Do you think I can ask them specifically for the Asian version ?

rgds,

Dovin - Mine is the 8350 carried in check in baggage from US last Dec. The TW3600 if I understand right is the exact same unit as the 8350 rebadged for Asian markets (so they can charge more:mad:), so its bulb should be interchangeable. Bulb can be replaced by user - not a big deal - again I have not done so but have seen pics and posts and instructions and it seems fairly simple. The US units retail for around $1100 so approx. half of the Indian unit. If you can have some one carry it, it is an ubeatable deal. Heck you could even make a trip to US for some sight seeing, drink some good wine, and buy the projector and carry it back for roughly similar amount of buying Indian retail:). The other option is using one of the shopping services to get the unit shipped but I would worry about damage to a sensitive equipment like a projector. In the end your comfort level should be a guide to where you will buy it.
Cheers,
Sid

Back